Pro Wrestling Only

Bret Hart on WOL

Guest Some Guy

Guest Some Guy

He gave his condolences to Eddy's family and said that Eddy was one of the few who actuallt worked hard in WCW. He also said that Eddy was a perfect gentleman to him in WCW.

He commented on the Titles not meaning anything and suggested that there be a monetary bonus involved with being world champ so that the champ sees it as a an honor and is looked up to.

In WCW having the World Title was "just 30 lbs of lead to carry around." He got paid the same whether he was US or World Champ or neither.

Bret said that he's glad he did the DVD with WWF because no one else could have done it better. He put over his matches with Dynamite Kid. He also said that he was only 3 months in during those matches. Bret's phone cut off and they went to break.

Apparently WWE has postponed the Italy tour so the boys can go to Eddy's funeral.

HBK/Rey will be on Raw or SD! this week.

Guest Some Guy

Bret decided to do the DVD so he could get his side of the story out on Montreal and Owen, not their's. Bret said that Vince was going to call it"Screwed" and Bret told him that he wouldn't be a part of it if it had that title.

He decided that he wasn't going to the DVD until he met a 5 year-old kid at the dentist who was a huge mark for him and had never seen him wrestle, just in video games. Bret is very proud of his matches and had a dream to have a "proper and fitting tribute to his career." He figured that knocking Vince out would mean that he wouldn't get it. After Owen died he thought he would, but he didn't. After his stroke he and Vince started to mend fences. He still hates that WWE plays off Montreal in angles because of how sensitive of a subject it is to him. He mentiond HBK playing his music as something he didn't like in particular.

Guest Some Guy

OKAAY welcome back to the second hour.

Bret is flattered that people want him back and pulling him in different directions. "Eveyone's got plans for me to do this or that Even small promotions."

Bret has had his fun and doesn't se himself being a wrestling character anymore. He mentioned DiBiase and Rude being two guys who had an "empty end to their careers" because they stood on the apron and no one could hit them.

Guest Some Guy

Bret wanted to have his SMNE match with Savage because it was very important to his career at the time. He and Savage had a greta match worked out, but Vince wanted Bret to work Savage's leg. Bret and Savage wish they could have done the match they planned rather than what Vince wanted. He regrets having never had a program with Savage. The SMNE match was huge for him because it got his name out. He mentions a SMNE match he and Neidhart had with the Bulldogs that he thinks should be on the DVD.

He puts over the Bulldogs. He tells a story about Terry Funk saying a Bulldogs/Harts match was the greatest tag match he's ever seen. He brings up DK's injury really hindering him.

He's really glad that the IYH match with Hakushi made the cut because he really liked it. He brings up a spot where he insisted that they show the Asai Moonsault that Hakushi did on Raw but it got cut out.

The Iron Man match was cut do to time and because it's on a DVD already. He thinks that it might have been the best match of all time and it was "what pro wrestling was all about."

Time to talk about Shawn's book:

HBK said that he had won the battle with Bret because he was main eventing the PPVs while Bret was champ. HBK seems to carry a grudge about Bret because he has been cast as the heel and Bret the face in the whole situation.

I'm so buying this book.

Guest Some Guy

Hey man, thanks for doing this. I thought it was classic when a 5 year old kid marks out for bret because he was in the video games!

No problem.

I was waiting for Bret to say that the kid was on his death bed and told him to win one for the Gipper or to go out and hit a home run for him. Then I remembered that this is Bret Hart, not Hulk Hogan telling the story.

Guest Some Guy

Bret's response:

That he wanted Shawn to be happy. But he left out that he went to Shawn in San Jose after HBK reffed a match and said that he felt badly for the altercation they had in June. He said that HBK could trust him in the ring and that he would put him over. Shawn responded by saying that he appreciated it but he was not willing to do the same. HBK was disrespectful and that no other World Champ would have stood "for some punk saying that to you."

Shawn started crying and saying that he had a big mouth when Bret balked at jobbing to Shawn based on what Shawn had said in San Jose. HHH and Chyna were HBK's babysitters because he was so fucked up on drugs and booze at the time.

Bret doesn't seem to be a big fan of Russo. Bret resents that he didn't have as much say as he would have liked in 97.

HBK said that he didn't mean to offend anyone by sticking the Canadian Flag up his nose. He claims that Bret was not a white hot heel and that he was and that Austin beating Shawn was the better move to make. Meltz mentions HBK balking at doing the Austin job.

Wed before SS they had a conference call in which Vince said that there would be a DQ and that Bret wasn't willing to drop the belt ot him and that he would forfiet the title. HHH says, "who in the world doesn't want to drop the belt?" HHH goes on a rant against Bret in the conference call. Vince mentioned the possibilty of a swerve during that call.

Bret said that HHH, HBK, and Vince came across as very dishonest. He said he was talking about this with the Rock. Bret feels that he was not asking for anything out of bounds. He just wanted to leave with his stock still high. He brings up Flair dropping the belt to him as precident for what he wanted to do.

Bret was told to call HBK a homo and that he was cooperating with the storylines. He feels he was told to do that type of shit just to make him look bad, He brings up Shawn calling Owen a nugget as another example of Shawn being a piece of shit. He said that it doesn't seem like HBK is a good Christian or a good man. He's just dishonest and a bad person.

Bret's phone cut off again and they went to break, but not before making me listen to some God alwful hillbilly bumper music.

Guest teke184

I guess that pretty much confirms that HHH and Rock never really liked each other.

I know that Trips never liked Rock, as he was pissed that Rock was coming in and getting "his" push.

That feeling intensified after "Tuesday RAW Tuesday", when HBK coming up lame at the last second got Vince to change his booking plans and put Rock over Trips for the IC title since HBK couldn't lose the WWF title to Sid.

Guest Some Guy

Bret's back.

He and Rock talked yesterday about much Rock respected him. Bret was always trustworthy and respectful. He says that Shawn was out for himself. HHH and HBK schemed to get Bret out of the WWF. Bret wanted to "make" Shawn but HBK was too busy trying to get Bret out of the company to let it happen.

"Sunny Days" is brought up. Bret was pissed because his wife and kids heard it. He says that Shawn was pilled up when he said but it's not an excuse. JR called Bret to apologize but Shawn never did. Bret wanted to punch Shawn out. Bret didn't do it because he thought beating up HBK would fuck up the KOTR PPV. He waited for an apology and for KOTR to happen. No apology, no PPV to mess up. Neidhart tried to talk Bret out of it. Bret decided to let it go. Shawn made some nasty remark at Bret while Bret was gelling his hair. They met up in Bret snatch HBK by the hair and swung him around the room while Patterson and Lawler tried to break it up. He feels that he wasn't wrong in doing that to HBK. "Clumps of Shawn's hair were floating around the dressingroom like tumble weeds."

HBK reassured Hebner about the Montreal finish. He admits to lying to Bret's face. Bret then punched Vince who took a dive. Some woman punched HHH in the face on the way out of the building. HHH told Shawn that he did what he had to do. Bret, Meltsz, and I all agree that Shawn doesn't seem to have showered himself in glory in his book. Melts thinks that HBK is obsessed with Bret and that HBK and HHH were much more deeply involved in the finish than he knew.

Bret was a team guy and HHH and HBK "were such rotten guys." He says that he was told by Vince that he could do what he wanted. He was looking out for Vince because he was told that the company was going to downsize to the WWWF days and stay in the Northeast and that a lot of guys were going to get fired. Bret thinks that Shawn, HHH, and Vince started laying the plans for burying him all summer. He obviously still feels betrayed by all the lying.

Guest Some Guy

I guess that pretty much confirms that HHH and Rock never really liked each other.

I know that Trips never liked Rock, as he was pissed that Rock was coming in and getting "his" push.

That feeling intensified after "Tuesday RAW Tuesday", when HBK coming up lame at the last second got Vince to change his booking plans and put Rock over Trips for the IC title since HBK couldn't lose the WWF title to Sid.

HHH is a such a whining piece of shit. That happend 8 years ago, as well as Bret wanting to put Owen over rather than HHH. HHH needs to grow the fuck up and realize that not everything works out exactly as he would like it in life.

With Rock it has to be no more than HHH just flat out being jealous because Rock is better than he is at everything. Rock was a better worker, a better promo, more charasmatic by a long shot, and falt out much more entertaining and a bigger star.

Guest Some Guy

Meltz thinks we'll really like the DVD. I know I'll be headed to Wal*Mart during my lunch break on Tues to pick it up.

Both Meltz and Bret were dreading the DVD when they first heard of the DVD. Bret said that he told Vince that is he went ahead with it then whatever progress they had made in terms of getting back on decent terms would have been lost.

Bret really regrets having to leave WWF. He wishes he could have stayed and worked with Austin, Rock, etc... He feels that he never should have had to leave and that WWF was where he belonged and his story should have ended with him there making new stars.

Goldberg is going to be on WOL next week.