Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce, please, please feel free to post any match even half as good as that even if the video quality is twice as bad. It's barely a blip, and that was an absolutely compelling match. I'm really curious to see what other people thought of that, but spoiler's offense was so far ahead of his time and I love the way that they worked the claw and I dug the finish a lot too. It was a war.

I thought this Spoiler vs. Wahoo match was amazing. A phenomenal WAR between two legendary tough guys. You just don't see matches like this before. Interesting side note to this match - that I can tell because both have passed away now - but legend has it that one time in a dressing room in Charlotte or Raleigh - maybe Greensboro - Wahoo and Spoiler had a legitimate fight in the dressing room over something - maybe a finish - and Wahoo clearly got the better of Jardine who was pretty well busted up. After the dressing room shoot - which was settled - these two guys were professional enough to then go out and work a match together.

I need to get caught up on all the awesome stuff that's been uploaded this week. Haven't really had time to watch anything since the day Gordman/Moreno got uploaded. I know that Spoiler/Wahoo match was going to be good but if you went 4 1/4 on it then it's definitely gonna be the first one I watch.

Bruce, I haven't signed up yet solely my watch list, spanning an ungodly stack of dvds and online playlists, is absurdly long, but am going to try to force myself to make the jump in the next couple weeks after the holidays quiet down. Your involvement and dedication to the project and truly catering to the audience should make every serious wrestling fan give this a try. Looking forward to it!

I need to get caught up on all the awesome stuff that's been uploaded this week. Haven't really had time to watch anything since the day Gordman/Moreno got uploaded. I know that Spoiler/Wahoo match was going to be good but if you went 4 1/4 on it then it's definitely gonna be the first one I watch.

I watched it again and liked it even more. This is an epic match. Just a war

Also, to reiterate, the video on the Wahoo match was perfectly fine. Anyone who has even a passing interest in a project like this is used to watching matches with way worse video quality. I know you want to put out a professional looking product, but in cases where the footage is what it is, but the match is amazing, don't hesitate to post it.

Thank you for all the great comments and encouragement. Really appreciate it. I am extremely dedicated to this project - and I will continue to be so because I truly believe that we are honoring the legends of wrestling - many of whom have already passed on like WAHOO and THE SPOILER and GARY HART - and GINO - by preserving their memories forever with these matches. We will also always be responsive and accessible to the fans because I want everyone to know that we appreciate them very much.

T1cD7CO.jpg

Just going to come in here and echo everyone who said that Wahoo vs. The Spoiler was awesome. I don't think I loved it quite as much as shoe or Phil but I still thought it was really damn good. The bump Wahoo took on the floor when Spoiler pulled him out of the ring got an audible groan from me.

The fact that it played on Houston TV just blows my mind. I can't imagine a young wrestling fan in Houston and then moving to see wrestling TV somewhere else. That would have had to be a giant letdown.

That was a really solid match, with basically everything you could hope to expect from it.

I also saw the Jake match today and I think that it was the sort of match that Jake has the reputation for having, but that the footage doesn't really bear out. That sort of cerebral match. I liked it a lot.

For folks who loved Spoiler v. Wahoo, I found a clipped house show match between the two on youtube

Lots of great stuff in this one too, although its mostly clipped except the last six minutes, Wahoo takes a crazy bump in the corner, they do some very cool stuff with Wahoo fighting out of the claw including a judo throw with Spoiler getting dumped but hanging on, and all of the great chops and clubbing forearms you would expect. Finish was very cool, with Wahoo pulling off the Spoilers mask at the same moment as the Spoiler pulling off the refs shirt to shield his face. This feels like a legendary feud, I hope some more of it turns up.

I know people have seen it before but I finally saw the Six man tag match in the two rings. That was crazy. It was like a two ring circus with action going on simultaneously. Just timing some of the spots there had to be challenging.

Also, Bruce, when do we get the bathtub match? You said that it's definitely on tape.

• Loss unpinned this topic