Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Killer Brooks is such a weird case. Anytime I've seen anyone who was in the business like Gary Hart, Mark Nulty, James Beard etc write about him in a book or on wrestlingclassics.com it's filled with nothing but praise about how he's a great hand and can lead anyone to a good match. But I've never seen anything even CLOSE to a good match from Killer Brooks. He's the shits.

One of the most hyperbolic wrestling commentary moments I can remember is Gordon Solie on an episode of 1983 Georgia Championship talking about a Killer Brooks vs. Johnny Rich TV match as something that could "main event any arena in the world"

Piper and Brooks in Portland had a good Dog Collar match I believe.

Just about every shitty wrestler with a lengthy career has ONE match you can point to and say it was good. But none of them get some kind of reputation as a great hand who can carry anyone and everyone.

Piper and Brooks in Portland had a good Dog Collar match I believe.

Just about every shitty wrestler with a lengthy career has ONE match you can point to and say it was good. But none of them get some kind of reputation as a great hand who can carry anyone and everyone.

Goc you said you've never seen a match with Brooks sniffing good. I was just pointing out one worth watching.

By the way. Because of the high cost for outside development of the ROKU App - we have brought this project in house again. No other option. So what we are hoping to get finished - hopefully by the time I get back from Japan - is a very basic ROKU App that will at least get us up and running on ROKU - maybe not all of the matches at first but for sure the best / most watched ones - and we will improve it as we go along. That's the plan for now.

Okay, yeah. Conway Jr vs Valentine was some pretty great stuff too. The first fall was back and forth with a lot of Valentine stalling and stooging and a king of the mountain that was full of brutal Valentine shots. There was one slow bit of pedestrian arm control from Conway but in general, it was all enjoyable. It ended with Valentine starting on the leg and the second fall was really good stuff. I wasn't sure what to expect from Conway here but he sold the leg really well, and there was a unique sense of struggle for him to come back that I really haven't seen in too many other matches. It was just paced differently. Instead of hope spots and comebacks, there was this constant flow of him trying to fight back through the pain while Valentine more or less maintained control. Greg was so good here at closing the distance between them and controlling the situation. He also had some really good and varied stuff with the leg. I loved how he just stood on it, for instance. They got pretty heated at times too. I'm curious to see what other people think about it. I liked it a lot. Valentine was made for a 2/3 falls structure and it's a shame we don't have more of those sorts of matches from him.

Post match is an interview from the following week setting up DVE vs Valentine for the Texas title. Bruce, please tell me we have that too.

We have the first two falls of the Valentine - David Von Erich match - and it's amazing. Third fall is on another reel. We will post the full match just as soon as we locate and transfer the third fall as I don't want to release a match that's incomplete. I will be headed to Japan first thing in the morning. When I return next Friday - let's hope and pray for two things:

1 - we found the third fall of the Valentine David Von Erich match - and

2 - the Roku App is ready.

I have also arranged for new matches to be uploaded to NWAClassics.com daily in my absence - but I won't be able to post the usual FaceBook announcements while I am abroad. So - I suppose you will have a daily surprise on the website for about a week!

• Loss unpinned this topic