Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally watched the Gino/Jose Texas Death Match, really great match. The finish felt a bit disappointing to me but still this was an awesome performance by both guys.

I said it before but man Houston fans really had it good. Not just with the great arena cards but probably the best TV in the country if matches like the Texas Death Match in a Cage and the Spoiler/Wahoo match being aired in full on TV are any indication.

Will and I did an all NWA Classics Digging in the Crates podcast, we broke down what we liked about Fabs v. MX, Lothario v. Hector, Andre v. Harley and JYD v. Reed dog collar.

Digging in the Crates #4

One of the real revelations for me has been how great the Guerreros were as heels. Chavo is particularly awesome character-wise, but Hector & Chavo have awesome heel tag team chops. Seeing Chavo as not just a strong working babyface junior, but also as a solid heel and superior tag worker makes me feel his overall career value is somewhat underappreciated.

The TA/2 v. MX program was electric. As someone who LOVED Jim Cornette & the MIdnight Express with JCP back in the day, it's great to see how strong the act was right away. Cornette, barely more than a rookie performer, is already an all-time great heat-seeking manager in '84. Unearthing some of these '84 matches also helps build a case for Dennis Condrey's greatness and provides additional support for those who favor the Condrey/Eaton combo to Eaton/Lane (I hold both combos with equal respect, although for slightly different reasons).

The Fantastics look great, as expected, but I've also enjoyed the work of Tony Anthony & Len Denton as Dirty White Boys, a rough, nasty heel combo that's a perfect antagonist both in style and substance to the pretty boy/rock n' roll combos of the era.

Just to let everyone know - I haven't been on here as much this week - because I'm still recovering from jet lag. Seriously - I have realized that multiple trips to Japan takes a major toll on the body. Plus - Tiger Mask IV hit me with a flying cross body from the ring apron - and I'm here to tell you that no matter what anybody says about wrestling being predetermined - any bump like that hurts. Especially at my age. Hope you enjoy the Harley Race - Gino Hernandez NWA World Title Match. We have BIG things coming for NWAClassics.com so stay tuned. Can't make any disclosures yet - but it's going to be big.

Just to let everyone know - I haven't been on here as much this week - because I'm still recovering from jet lag. Seriously - I have realized that multiple trips to Japan takes a major toll on the body. Plus - Tiger Mask IV hit me with a flying cross body from the ring apron - and I'm here to tell you that no matter what anybody says about wrestling being predetermined - any bump like that hurts. Especially at my age. Hope you enjoy the Harley Race - Gino Hernandez NWA World Title Match. We have BIG things coming for NWAClassics.com so stay tuned. Can't make any disclosures yet - but it's going to be big.

I saw a gif of that big bump on twitter, hope you're feeling right again soon. Really disgusting actions by Tiger Mask, you were just trying to wipe off the apron for him! Seems like a big boss like yourself should hire a bounty hunter for some revenge on Tiger Mask ;)

Can't wait to watch the Gino/Race match tomorrow when I get some time and looking forward to more gems like that one that I never even knew existed.

• Loss unpinned this topic