Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the beautiful things is - we've released less than 10% of the collection! By our estimation we have 1200 - 1500 individual matches. But according to the records I've seen here - with the years that we have - we might have closer to 3000 matches to release! We've released less than 200! And we find matches all the time that aren't listed on the run sheets. So this is exciting for me too. I am really happy that I can do my part - in a small way - to help preserve wrestling history - and appreciate the talents of those of who paved the wrestling highway for the rest of us.

And today we will be posting CHAVO GUERRERO vs. JACK VICTORY in a singles match! Enjoy!

Bruce their are a lot of serious wrestling collectors here on this board. What you've been releasing is holy grail stuff that no one has. Some of the stuff has been circulated. I want to say the majority of the matches have never been released before. Only a handful of stuff out there has this much arena footage. NJ, All Japan, WWF, and Mid-South. The ones WWE owns they're sitting on.

Absolutely. You can add in the fact that we've gotten and will get some really good looks at wrestlers we don't have nearly enough of, like Gino, Lothario, Spoiler, Wahoo, and even Stasiak and 70s Dale Valentine/Buddy Roberts, a bunch I'm missing and I'm sure some that we don't even realize are good enough to miss yet.

Yea I'm looking forward to finding out who is the next big "discovery" because before this service came out I definitely don't think there was a whole lot of yearning for new matches to be released from Jose Lothario or Gino Hernandez. Personally, I'm hoping to finally get a good look at Ken Lucas.

Here's my analysis of the MAGNUM TA - WRESTLING II match - or at least what I liked about it:

1 - Notice how the match starts out nice and slow. So different from the matches I've seen lately with meaningless spotfests and wrestlers that almost seem nervous at the beginning. Its psychology - a word that I'm going to repeat a lot in this analysis.

2 - Wrestling II cheats with a cheapshot forearm on the ropes - establishing himself clearly as the heel just by body language / into a nice armdrag - hiptoss - bodyslam sequence before Wrestling II scoots out of the ring - again classic heel psychology establishing that the babyface is better and the heel has to escape the ring - Wrestling II hits the guardrail and shows the crowd he is frustrated - its the little details like these that matter as the match comes together - and II is able to achieve all this without facial expressions - because he's wearing the mask! What a master technician!

3 - Crowd is already into the match at 1:30 mark - listen to how they are screaming for Magnum! TA is really over here.

4 - LOVE the way Wrestling II re-enters the ring perched / balanced on that second rope.

5 - Great leg scissors takedown by II / Magnum escapes and draws a fist - Wrestling II registers! Great stuff! This is a match that all young wrestlers should watch.

6 - Nice headlock by Magnum at the 2:45 mark - what a great looking young babyface Magnum was! He literally had it all - no wonder why the NWA was looking at him for a World Title run. He would have made a great World Champion.

7 - GREAT how Wrestling II repeatedly goes to the ropes trying to escape the headlock - and Magnum hangs on. And watch closely because II is hanging on too / LOVE how well these guys are working together. I'm sure II was calling the match. Johnny Walker is such an old pro - hard to believe that he started wrestling in the late 50's.

8 - Nice headlock sequence in TA's shine - Magnum looks terrific.

9 - Notice how Wrestling II tries to escape Magnum's headlock - using WRESTLING . . . sometimes I think this is forgotten these days.

10 - II escapes the headlock with a knee to the face - great escape - believeable - then II starts the heat with cheapshots and punches behind the referee's back. Wrestling II is such a great heel here because he has soooooo much experience.

11 - Wrestling II with a headlock of his own / Magnum gets a head scissors and shines a little more - notice how LONG II sells that head scissors and tries to escape. Really makes the hold look believeable.

12 - at the 5:50 mark - look at the build on Magnum TA! He was definite star material here.

13 - Just like II worked that headlock - look how II works the head scissors. Very slow escape into a monkey flip - TA continues the shine as II is knocked to the floor. Wrestling II is really selling TA and getting him over. These are guys who are definitely interested in getting the match over - not "getting all their shit in."

14 - TA chases Wrestling II around the ringside floor - great watching II play the chicken - then TA eats the kneelift as he gets back in the ring. Wrestling II is back into the heat.

15 - Great selling by Magnum TA now - more cheap shots by II - love the psychology / storytelling in this match. II works the arm as TA gets the crowd behind him - and a hair pull by Wrestling II! Again - great psychology. And ANOTHER hair pull by II - so simple yet effective!

16 - LOVED Wrestling II's kneelift on the shoulder / arm of Magnum TA.

17 - At the 9:30 mark I couldn't help but notice Johnny Walker's gray chest hair! This really gives me an appreciation for him performing so well at his age - obviously in his mid-50's here.

18 - Wrestling II grinding that elbow into Magnum's shoulder. More great psychology here.

19 - TA with some forearms in a hope spot - Wrestling II thrown into the turnbuckle - then TA runs right into the kneelift - Wrestling II's heat continues. Would this type of match work today? my answer is HELL YES. And I challenge some of the young wrestlers to experiment with thi style to see if it works.

20 - Wrestling II really working the arm. Comeback by TA. Big dropkick / false finish.

21 - They go right into the finish at the 14:00 mark - brilliant idea how II loads his mask then drops the foreign object where all the fans can point it out to the referee. Audience participation in the finish!

22 - TA looks strong at the end as he mounts a short enough comeback to force II out of the ring - because it's a DQ Wrestling II keeps the belt so they can have return matches. Notice how II immediately goes a grabs his belt - and hugs it - as he makes his way out. This was a GREAT match in my opinion.

Hope everyone enjoyed it half as much as I did!

Oh wow. Tough day waking up to hear of the passing of NICK BOCKWINKLE. What an Icon. We will all be sad today but rest assured I will be looking for as many Bockwinkle matches to post as I can find. Hang in there today guys. I'm having a tough day too - but for those who believe - at least we know that Nick isn't sick anymore.

We will be posting an excellent Match Online TODAY at NWAClassics.com! LANNY POFFO vs. TOM LINTZ! Check it out when you can.

I know there was a Bockwinkle - Chavo match on the first hard drive we received because I watched it! For some reason it has been misplaced but it's there somewhere. Just need to locate it again. I am actively looking for THAT match and i will post it as soon as I find it. Hopefully this week!

Any chance you already uploaded it but it didn't go "live" yet?

I know that the Ivan Putski/Abdullah the Butcher match was on the site for a while before it was ever officially posted because I saw it on the 'discover' thing that rolls after the match is over way before it ever officially got posted. Ditto with a few other matches I've seen pop up there before they officially get posted including the Lintz/Poffo match that played after I watched a match this morning.

Chavo Guerrero vs Jack Victory 1/9/87

This was a solid bout. It's a bout booked to give Chavo a win to give him some steam heading into his more high profile match with Buddy Roberts. Jack Victory is a guy who's booked as a threat, but it's not the money match.

Chavo's offense is really state of the art. Victory was a solid heel working the crowd. He'd also use the size to ground Chavo. Victory was good in working the neck. He even delivers a nice German Suplex. The match delivered on what it needed to do.

Lanny Poffo vs Tom Lintz

Man this was FUN. Poffo is a guy in the WWF who had a lot of good underneath matches with a variety of opponents. He's doing it in Houston as well. Lintz has a unique look. He had to work as a Russian somewhere. He worked a strong manish gimmick here.

Poffo was had a lot of unique offense. It made his shine really standout. He also did a good job of keeping Lintz off balance with his headlock. Lintz was real solid in his heat segment using his strength to keep Poffo down. In Poffo's comeback he gets the win. A really fun undercard bout. 2 1/2*

Need to watch that later, I may be the only one but I get excited when I see a Tom Lintz match pop up on the site. Very under rated guy, with his size and look I'm really surprised he didn't ever really get a big break anywhere.

His biggest run that I know of was in Southeastern/Continental as fake South African Boomer T. Lynch. He always showed a lot of personality in the ring and was pretty good on the mic in Alabama although his material was pro apartheid racist shit.

• Loss unpinned this topic