Pro Wrestling Only

Vince McMahon's rules to announcers leaked on reddit.

Grimmas

Rock vs Hogan was also a rarity in itself. It isn't something that could be relied on as a year round storyline. When that match ended, what is left to carry the company? The world title. So yes it should be treated with the utmost respect and urgency it deserved, not an once in a lifetime dream match. Come on. Use real examples here to support your arguments.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use real examples of what? I'm not sure what you are looking for me to prove? That the title isn't always the most important thing on a wrestling card? It's not. That's been proven like 100 times. Hell, right now Cena vs. Owens for the U.S. title on the last 2 PPVs felt more important than the Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose matches.

Go back to dozens of matches in Memphis where Jerry Lawler's match was more important than the Southern Title match if Lawler wasn't the champ. Or in Mid-South when guys like Brad Armstrong, Terry Taylor or The Nightmare were the champ but the big match was whatever Duggan was doing.

There you go. Unfortunately that is all true. I would say though that if the belt was left on guys like Cena, Lawler and JYD/Duggan that things would be much better. However I know that spreading out the card so you had multiple matches with some importance is something they have done for ages but I still think it is somewhat of a failure if the title match isn't treated with the most respect. Then again maybe that is why we see Lawler with 20 title reigns or Cena with 15 or etc. Because the belt always have to find their way back to the key guys.