Pro Wrestling Only

nwaclassics.com Houston Library

goc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that for the general audience it's easier to promote guys like Duggan and JYD and WWF Rock and Wrestling era nostalgia acts than the guys like Wahoo and Bockwinkel and 70s nostalgia acts. So that was prioritized.

It's weird because the main match they hyped at the launch was Harley Race vs Andre the Giant from 1979, but since then they've barely uploaded anything from the 1970s. There's so much from the 1970s that I'm sure oldschool fans would be interested in. Ric Flair made an appearance there in 1977. Iron Sheik, Jimmy Snuka, Big John Studd, and Roddy Piper all wrestled in Houston during the 1970s and those guys were the top stars in the WWF during 1984/1985 when the Rock n Wrestling connection started. In fact, Roddy Piper had some of his earliest matches in Houston (circa 1975). When he passed away, I was hoping they'd put some up. but no luck.

We have received more 80's material up front because it was the easiest to transfer - and had less problems to correct. Also I wanted to get as many matches on the database as quickly as possible. We have close to 200 now and all have been very well received. Just this week I contact the company in Indianapolis and requested that they now concentrate on transferring the oldest matches first. So start looking for that. However - I do understand that we have about 150-200 matches on hard drives that have already been transferred and are ready for upload to the NWAClassics site - however as the older matches are received - I will DEFINITELY put them up. Remember - we have an estimated 1200 to 1500 matches in the collection. And you have seen less than 200! That's exciting - even to me.

We have received more 80's material up front because it was the easiest to transfer - and had less problems to correct. Also I wanted to get as many matches on the database as quickly as possible. We have close to 200 now and all have been very well received. Just this week I contact the company in Indianapolis and requested that they now concentrate on transferring the oldest matches first. So start looking for that. However - I do understand that we have about 150-200 matches on hard drives that have already been transferred and are ready for upload to the NWAClassics site - however as the older matches are received - I will DEFINITELY put them up. Remember - we have an estimated 1200 to 1500 matches in the collection. And you have seen less than 200! That's exciting - even to me.

Thanks for the update, Bruce. I am definitely looking forward to the 1970s footage, particularly the stuff from 1977. I'm glad you will be making an effort to get the older stuff uploaded. I know the 80s stuff is really popular, so hopefully we can have a nice spread of footage fairly soon from 1974 -1986 (or whatever your library contains) without too many large gaps in between.

Unfortunately we have not made much progress on Roku because development of an app for a FREE service vs. development of an App with a paywall are two different matters completely. But we have something really big we are working on that will revolutionize the website IF we are able to close this deal. In the meantime - Google Chrome is only $30 and works fantastic.