Pro Wrestling Only

nwaclassics.com Houston Library

goc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little worried about how weak the uploads have been lately, we got a ton of great shit and now it has slowed to a trickle of jobber matches

While I am STARVING for some Bock we haven't seen, I can live with stuff like the Bracero match.

I am a little worried about how weak the uploads have been lately, we got a ton of great shit and now it has slowed to a trickle of jobber matches

I'm only worried about it if it means that they were hoping for more subscription money to come in and it didn't which means they don't have any more money to convert the stuff and that's why we're getting matches that are all from the same show.

I'm only worried about it if it means that they were hoping for more subscription money to come in and it didn't which means they don't have any more money to convert the stuff and that's why we're getting matches that are all from the same show.

That's one possibility, another is that it's easy to keep track of what they upload. Say they have 50 reels converted. They say these 10 reels we'll upload for the next 2 months. They get done with them etc.

I have no problem with them uploading "jobber" matches. Better to sprinkle them in and spread out the good stuff than to front load too much good stuff and then be stuck with nothing to upload after X months.

Besides, I want complete cards, so go right ahead and upload squashes and jobber matches!

All of this has been updated. The last 2 matches that have been uploaded are from 7/6/84

Boesch @ Houston, TX – Sam Houston Coliseum – July 6, 1984 (9,000)
Al Madril d. Buddy Landell
The Pretty Young Things d. Pat Rose & Hans Schroeder
Hercules Hernandez d. Mr. Wrestling II
Chavo & Hector Guerrero d. Hacksaw Duggan & Jose Lothario
Terry Taylor d. Krusher Darsow
Ernie Ladd & Butch Reed d. Sonny King & Terry Taylor
North American Heavyweight Title: Magnum TA © d. Ted DiBiase
The Midnight Express d. The Rock n Roll Express

Ted/Magnum is from Monsters of the Mat. The MX vs Rock n Roll would be a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Development of the Roku App has taken longer than I anticipated. We could have waited to launch NWAClassics.com until everything was ready to go including the Roku App - but I wanted to get this content online for the fans asap. No one wants this Roku App finished any quicker thank I do. Hopefully just two more weeks. We will make a HUGE announcement when it's ready.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wondering if there was any reason why there's been so little of the 1970s footage uploaded. There's been almost nothing from 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977 available and only a few matches from 1978 and 1979. I'm beginning to wonder if there's a problem with those early tapes or something, because it's been almost all Mid-South era uploads since the service launched.

This is just my guess. I think the 80's stuff is in better shape. It's also a matter of what they have converted from the reels 1st. I don't think they have converted everything. Converting these are expensive. Bix did a donation drive years ago and remember it was rather costly to convert reels he had gotten.