Pro Wrestling Only

Too many clean wins, not enough cheap finishes.

JerryvonKramer

You were talking about the main events in your post and I was addressing that. Of course they beat jobbers, but the idea that the string of lame finishes in main events is something new when it dates back to the 70s at the very least is something I see more than I should. Also, Savage, Flair and Yokozuna all had managers or valets that interfered. Undertaker and Triple H clean wins were usually against mid carders and you're overstating the amount of non-title jobs Seth has done.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/bios/s/seth-rollins/

One vs Ambrose, another vs Cena and that handicap match (which was a really stupid idea.)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were talking about the main events in your post and I was addressing that. Of course they beat jobbers, but the idea that the string of lame finishes in main events is something new when it dates back to the 70s at the very least is something I see more than I should. Also, Savage, Flair and Yokozuna all had managers or valets that interfered. Undertaker and Triple H clean wins were usually against mid carders and you're overstating the amount of non-title jobs Seth has done.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/bios/s/seth-rollins/

One vs Ambrose, another vs Cena and that handicap match (which was a really stupid idea.)

It's two complaints that overlap:

1.They've been doing too many screwy finishes on PPVs lately. SEVEN shows in a row without a single clean finish in the main event. Things like makes the audience lose faith that the company will ever give them an ending they'd actually want to see. Like a 1998-era Nitro, when everyone was beyond sick and tired of nWo run-in fuck-finishes in the main events (and the ratings proved this with math), but they kept happening on every show anyway.

2.Seth Rollins hasn't been protected at all. He's the world champion, theoretically the top guy in the company, yet he apparently couldn't beat a Mulkey without an Authority run-in. Unlike heel champions of the past, he's not allowed to beat any undercarders. And really, don't ya think three non-title pinfall losses on television within a few months are more than enough to make the guy look like a loser? This devalues the world title; if a chump like this guy can be champion, then ANYONE could be champion and the belt means nothing.

Part of this is due to the ridiculously illogical way that the Authority exercises super-dominance of all the top storylines. (Especially how HHH and Steph can never decide if they're really heels or not; but that would be yet another different overlapping complaint.) But they've got their entire booking ass-backwards when all the wrestlers are portrayed as quaking in their boots at the wrath of Stephanie, yet they clearly view their own world heavyweight champion as a joke.