Pro Wrestling Only

Meltz updates the Smackdown title situation:

sek69

Guest Cam Chaos

Randleman is a former UFC champion. He may not be the best but you he does have moderate skills and has fought at heavyweight so I think it's valid.

"Lil" Nog dropped Shogun so he's got some power behind his punches. As for technical striking meaning dick against tall opponents, dictating distance and picking your shots are essential when fighting a taller guy. He's not actually "Lil", Rogerio's 6'2" and walks around at 220lbs so Sylvia isn't twice his size by any means. I can't see it being like Sapp-Nog. I'd imagine it going longer but see it ending much like the Sylvia-Arlovski fight, knock down to sub.

I can't imagine them having three champions of three weight divisions all of equal importance in WWE because it would be too much work to book them all and the politics would prevent it.

IF Rey has beat JBL, former world champ, who is to say he couldn't beat the current one?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Some Guy

Think Austin & HHH v the Hardyz. The Hardyz were over and were a money-drawing tag team, but no one bought them going against Austin & HHH. Admittedly, the booking didn't help, but the fans expect a certain type of main event body that Matt and Jeff just didn't have, which is also part of the reason the feud was a failure.

I think part of that was more than just size. People were conditioned to seeing things like the NAO (a dominant tag team in 98 and 99) being beaten in handicap matches by Rock. The Hardys were never really pushed as serious wrestlers, they were pushed as daredevils who suceeded through taking high risks and won via flukes. Austin was percieved as being the absolute best and HHH was pushed as being too smart to fall for the flippy floppy bullshit more than maybe once.

Plus, it has always been the case in WWF that singles wrestlers are perceived as being better than tag wrestlers. So putting two established singles stars (Rock n Sock or HHH/Austin) together is seen as an unbeatable duo.

Look at who the tag champs are now, Kane and Big Show are not a tag team, they are two singles stars who happening to be tagging together at the moment and they squash the (admittedly few) established tag teams.

It's more about how tag teams are and have been pushed in WWF/E rather than body type, IMO. Body type does have a great deal to do with how people are pushed in WWE, though and with very few exceptions (HBK, Bret, Flair, and Savage) always has.