Pro Wrestling Only

We Don't Know Wrestling SUPERTHREAD!

TIME TO BRING THIS BACK CAUSE THE SHOW IS GOING WELL! Seriously, the past month or two have been maybe the most interesting the show has been. If you have listened and stopped now is a good time to hop back on. Or if you never have listened THIS I think is a great episode to try.

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-sorry-pwg/

Pro wrestling is an art form that when viewed live takes on a totally different experience. This week Dylan Hales and Tim Buechner hop on WDKW to discuss how the live show differs, which wrestlers have raised their stock when watched in-person, and favorite promotions to have seen from the crowd. PWG doesn’t get properly buried…or does it? I don’t want to get your hopes up but I also don’t want you to not listen if you wanted to hear a PWG burial. There’s a little talk of Freelance Wrestling and a whole bunch more.

Have any feedback? Tweet using #WDKW and I will likely RT you as I am shameless. PS My voice is a little low. Recording software decided to be weird. Apologies!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having a ton of fun with this show...hopefully that shows?

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-what-a-rush/

Lio Rush has found himself in some hot water. Another wild moment in 2016 which might get forgotten about in a few months. Feels like a potential theme of 2016. Devon Hales and Case Lowe join We Don’t Know Wrestling this week to talk about some of the underappreciated matches, promotions, ect. of 2016. Things we may have forgotten or things others might not have talk about. I mention Dojo Wars, Case buries Dragon Gate, and Devon’s life consists of shoot promos and Titan Sports, FKA World Wrestling Entertainment, tapes on the YouTube. WHAT A RUSH!

Have any feedback? Tweet using #WDKW and I will likely RT you as I am shameless.

• 2 weeks later...

TWO Plugs this week. What a blessed time:

FIRST, the podcast

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-listen-until-the-very-end/

Mark Maxwell and Brad Stutts join me on a special WDKW. We essentially talk about how two seemingly wildly different promotions in CWF Mid-Atlantic and Freelance Wrestling manage to stand out in the crowded indie wrestling scene. There is talk about the role of commentators, their influences, the distribution methods of these promotions, and we go over Dylan Hales’ fantasy booking of CWF Mid-Atlantic and Freelance Wrestling. And like I said in the title, listen until the very end. We had a few audio hiccups so hopefully it didn’t go to complete garbage because of my editing skills!
Have any feedback? Tweet using #WDKW and I will likely RT you as I am shameless.
SECOND, the WDKW100 forums. They are up and running. I would describe it as a more inclusive version of the WKO100 even if there are some barriers in place. The link below will lead you to the forum. The Announcements, Information post is probably the best to check first.

Thanks for the kind words guys! Didn't post a reply before because I'm not dumb enough to think anyone is going to click this thread if I'm the last to have posted.

Also, not sure why those marks don't create a thread but there are plenty of WwW shows on the podcast feed that I would think would appeal to some people here, and according to Twitter have appealed to some, so check those out. They really aren't like WDKW. Take that as you will.

If last week's episode was focused on some more thoughtful discussion based on two of the most unique indies in the country, this week is more about the banter that WDKW usually provides. Will that be your cup of team? I don't know. It has Papa Hales though who is a certified G and a bonafide stud.

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-papa-came-to-shoot/

Acclaimed professional wrestling fanatic Papa Hales joins me as well as Fray to discuss the Lord’s greatest gift to man. We give you the semi-full rundown of AIW’s Double Dare tournament that Papa Hales will be attending which features talent such as Matt Riddle, Team IOU, DJ Z, and many more quality grapplers. There is some gushing over PWX’s X16 tournament. Waxing poetically about bananas does happen. Shots are fired at the vertically challenged at an alarming rate, especially given the host does not possess great height. Banter is had.

This week I had quite a hard time wrangling up guests for WDKW. I had the bright idea, which seems really bad in hindsight, to record a solo show. I have never really listened to a solo show nor have I ever done one. What transpires is a little less than 30 minutes of me rambling without a single thread that ties it together. I have always admitted that guests make the show, not I. Maybe I should have just skipped this week. But We Don’t Know Wrestling is my time set aside each week to talk wrestling with buds. To talk graps and not just type banter. Even without anyone else there is something cathartic about talking wrestling and all the excitement it gives me. NOT CANON AT ALL! For the love of content I give to you the first and probably only solo edition of WDKW. Next week will be back to normal.

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-not-so-special-solo-show/

Sorry for this being a bit of a WEAK SAUCE show.

Thanks for the kind words on the solo show!

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-motwc-club/

WDKW100 focused this week. Joined by Tanner, Tim B., and Quentin to talk the hottest wrestlers of 2016 and Zack Sabre Jr. We cover the globe, unfortunately. Has Roman Reigns fallen from 2015? Do people still care about Sasha Banks? Is LA Park your wrestling Spirit Animal. I can only answer so many questions at once.

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-we-dont-know-smackdown/

I don’t watch a lot of the World Wrestling Entertainment which is on full display here. Luckily Fray, Tanner, and Devon are certified SmackDown super fans who fully believe in Vinnie Mac and the Blue Brand. Multiple wrestlers are talked about as possibly being the greatest of all time. TLC is given a little preview. Who doesn’t love a Chairs Match?

http://wrestlingwithwords.com/podcast/we-dont-know-wrestling-we-dont-know-smackdown/

I don’t watch a lot of the World Wrestling Entertainment which is on full display here. Luckily Fray, Tanner, and Devon are certified SmackDown super fans who fully believe in Vinnie Mac and the Blue Brand. Multiple wrestlers are talked about as possibly being the greatest of all time. TLC is given a little preview. Who doesn’t love a Chairs Match?

No internet at my place till tomorrow. Wanted this for my bus ride home from work tonight and it made me go over data! This pod better be worth the ten bucks I paid for it!

No internet at my place till tomorrow. Wanted this for my bus ride home from work tonight and it made me go over data! This pod better be worth the ten bucks I paid for it!

Sam needs to paypal you $10

Actually great show.. only drawback was Sam didn't say much. Sam makes the show more awesome, so more Sam please!

I only half run my own podcast. Got something together last minute and some people got to gush about Strowman. I felt dumb a lot of the time but I'm okay if it gives some others some time to GUSH about graps. I've got any other week :P

Also, we've started lining up the FKAABT (Formerly Known As Always Bury Tanners) for 2016. Will be recording the week of prior to Christmas. If you didn't listen to last year's I would recommend it.

Actually great show.. only drawback was Sam didn't say much. Sam makes the show more awesome, so more Sam please!

I only half run my own podcast. Got something together last minute and some people got to gush about Strowman. I felt dumb a lot of the time but I'm okay if it gives some others some time to GUSH about graps. I've got any other week :P

Also, we've started lining up the FKAABT (Formerly Known As Always Bury Tanners) for 2016. Will be recording the week of prior to Christmas. If you didn't listen to last year's I would recommend it.

Downloading now.