Pro Wrestling Only

[2002-10-16-NWA TNA] A.J. Styles vs Syxx-Pac

Grimmas

One of my favourite current wrestlers versus one of my favourites all-time.

Syxx is the X Division champion and he is defending against Styles who has debuted his new manager Mortimer Plumtree here.

This was really good. After a nice slow build AJ unleashed some good offense while in control. Watlman's comeback was real good with some amazing spin kicks (even if AJ did flip sells). He brings out his own dive and a nice suplex, before AJ goes for a discuss lariat and nails the referee. X-Factor, but Plumtree breaks it up and as Waltman goes for revenge the referee wakes up and stops it.

Vicious punches sets up a bronco buster, but instead of the stupid riding he just punches him in the face. He unloads with more and more kicks, but the referee gets shoved down and Waltman getts DQ'ed. Grudge match is coming and it should be fun.

All and all a solid match setting up a rematch. Waltman still looks great in 2002.

#wrestling365

• 11 months later...

X Division Champion Syxx vs AJ Styles - NWA-TNA 10/23/02

Damn more people should wrestle on Meth if this is the outcome. I know he said he wrestled AJ on meth, was it this match or the one from the week before? Syxx looked great here busting out a HUGE dive and just kicking AJ's ass from pillar to post in a tremendous shine. I would say AJ was undoubtedly the star here. AJ was a bumping maniac here. Really strong bumping performance by AJ. I liked the transition with AJ catapulting Syxx into ringpost crotch first. Was not in love with Spiral Tap as the follow up and the kick out. Plumtree pulls the ref out on the X Factor. AJ goes for Styles Clash cant get it and Grandmaster Sexay coldcocks Syxx allowing AJ to win. Syxx raises AJ's hand in victory. What the fuck? Awesome shine, not much else going on but great AJ performance and Syxx looked good on offense. Thankfully the heavyweight bullshit has not seeped into the X Division. ***1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2002-10-16-NWA TNA] A.J. Styles vs Syxx-Pac