Pro Wrestling Only

Shelton Benjamin Question

Mad Dog

I just think it comes down to management not thinking he's charismatic enough or that good of a talker. They're pushing Carlito because they think he's top notch in both of those departments. I would say size, charisma, and talking ability are the 3 most important things that they look at when giving a push, Carlito has two of those, Shelton doesn't have any in their minds. I don't think it's anything personal

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Hes back on Raw on a regular basis, but its ina jobbing capacity, Im thinking (hoping) there setting up a "Ive got to stop my losing steak angle". Some sort of slow build.

As far as Trevor Murdoch goes, Is he going solo now? Styles said he "parted ways with his partner". Lance Cade was gving a double chokeslam by the crappy new tag champs through the annouce table; I thought it was jus a worked injury though.

Guest Some Guy

Hes back on Raw on a regular basis, but its ina jobbing capacity, Im thinking (hoping) there setting up a "Ive got to stop my losing steak angle". Some sort of slow build.

The problem is that those angles never work. WWE is probably justifying all the jobs he is doing by thinking that it won't hurt him becuase the heel always uses the ropes or some other stupid logic.

Shelton has proven that he will get over when he is allowed to win matches. His heat is virtually nonexistant now because they have buried him since winning the IC title over a year ago.

There would be money in a Benjamin/Cena feud if Benjamin could bring it on the mic. That's one case where racial undertones in storylines wouldn't bother me, with Benjamin saying he's content to be himself while Cena wants to be like him. He could expose Cena for growing up in the suburbs, faking the thug stuff, etc. while going on about how he's real and has suffered through hard times, but doesn't feel the need to exploit his hardships to put money in his pocket. Cena could respond by calling him a hypocrite because of those "life in the ghetto" vignettes on Benjamin about a year ago. Shades of gray booking, yeah, but it would probably get over, as long as Shelton could pull off the talking. The only problem is that the crowd would probably side with him.