Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

Yeah, it took me a really long time too. The having to pin both of the non-captains to win a fall really threw me for a solid six months or so. I remember it was one of my first discoveries when I got Dish Network in 1998.

Glad to see you're enjoying it though. CMLL has probably been the best promotion in the world for the last year and half.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen in OVW he isn't *that* bad, he's the type of guy that back in the 80s would have been a perfect tag wrestler, but these days he might be hosed since WWE sees tag team wrestling as an annoyance.

Guest Bruiser Chong

I went to a SD house show here last night. Bleh. Card looked decent on paper, but guys like Booker, Matt Hardy, and Finley were well aware that it was just a house show and stalled accordingly. Mark Henry and Chris Benoit was probably MOTN until the main, which featured Rey vs. Angle. I'd say the Eddie thing has been detrimental to Rey, since everytime he got in trouble, there was no chant for him. Instead, nice, fat, "Eddie" chants broke out. I know he's supposed to be like Rey's inspiration and all that, but it seems like WWE may have created a monster, since a dead guy is getting more chants than their world champion.

P.S. the typical wrestling crowd makes me embarrassed to ever admit I like wrestling. Grooming is not big amongst these folks.

As to why people are cheering Triple H? Wow. It could be a lot of reasons too. Maybe because Hunter always wins so people are just tired of "betting against him" so to speak. Maybe it's just because he's against Cena? It could easily be either of those scenarios.

HHH has lost five of his last seven PPV matches (six out of eight if you want to include the Royal Rumble), with his only victories against *Ric Flair and the Big Show*. If you've been betting against him at all in recent memory, you've been winning an awful lot of money, so I don't see how that works. It's because he's against Cena and to a lesser extent because his character is much cooler than it should be right now.

The Cena hate on the net is getting out of control. The story about him blowing up in the airport started on cut and paste sites (I haven't seen it mentioned on the Observer site yet) and everyone's already decided it's 100% true and Cena needs punished like Orton was.

Trish has been around so long that lots of people tend to kinda forget about her or just take her for granted. It's not until she turns in a match like she did at Mania that lots of people sit up and take notice again. And even though she's been doing this horribly demanding job for seven years now, she still looks fiiiiiine.

Trish has never stopped looking good, she just doesn't dress as provocative as she used too since she started wrestling. She wears pants and tops that have a less likely chance to have a "waldrobe malfuction" since she's wrestling weekly. So, when she does wear something to show off her ass or whatever, people are like "oh, I forgot...damn."

Whereas someone like Torrie Wilson is always hanging out, so people get used to it and it's not special anymore.

Guest savagerulz

The Cena hate on the net is getting out of control. The story about him blowing up in the airport started on cut and paste sites (I haven't seen it mentioned on the Observer site yet) and everyone's already decided it's 100% true and Cena needs punished like Orton was.

I've not read that story...what's supposed to have happened?

From what I've heard though Cena is always a great public entity and a real gentleman when he's out and about, really carries the company well and shows them in a good light at every occasion.

The internet hate for Cena is out of control though, he's really not half as bad as anyone makes out, in fact, he's better than most of the nobody's that they juice up over.

The WWE's handling of the whole thing I still find strange, but I'm sure they have some clue as to what direction they're going with him in the end.