Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

Guest savagerulz

I don't understand why there's so much pessimism from online fans towards ECW One Night Stand this year. The only major ECW stars who apparently won't be able to attend are The Dudley Boyz and Rhino, and considering the fact that Rhino joined the company pretty late in its history and the Dudleyz have sucked lately, I don't see it as much of a loss. I read that Sabu has a "WWE Legends Contract", so not every former ECW wrestler in TNA will be held back from attending. If anything, I think the pay per view could be even better this year, given the fact that RVD can wrestle this time, and especially if there is no "WWE vs. ECW" bullshit this time.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. If anything, I think the pay per view could be even better this year, given the fact that RVD can wrestle this time, and especially if there is no "WWE vs. ECW" bullshit this time.

The main event is going to be RVD cashing in Money In The Bank vs the WWE champion.

I don't understand why there's so much pessimism from online fans towards ECW One Night Stand this year. The only major ECW stars who apparently won't be able to attend are The Dudley Boyz and Rhino, and considering the fact that Rhino joined the company pretty late in its history and the Dudleyz have sucked lately, I don't see it as much of a loss. I read that Sabu has a "WWE Legends Contract", so not every former ECW wrestler in TNA will be held back from attending. If anything, I think the pay per view could be even better this year, given the fact that RVD can wrestle this time, and especially if there is no "WWE vs. ECW" bullshit this time.

Raven?

Guest savagerulz

. If anything, I think the pay per view could be even better this year, given the fact that RVD can wrestle this time, and especially if there is no "WWE vs. ECW" bullshit this time.

The main event is going to be RVD cashing in Money In The Bank vs the WWE champion.

Yeah, I am aware of this likely being what will happen. Allow me to clarify. What I meant was that I'm expecting/hoping that the show will not be centered on a WWE vs. ECW feud this time, with time wasted over garbage like WWE wrestlers sitting in their own private balcony getting mic time to bash ECW. If the "WWE vs. ECW" element is limited to the main event and its build up, I'll consider it an improvement on last year's show in terms of storylines, because I thought last year's show gave way too much attention to the WWE guys.

TNA PPVs are definitely better than WWE PPVs. WWE TV kills TNA TV though. I'd say it's a wash, maybe a slight advantage to TNA.

I disagree slightly about tv. I think Impact flows better than any of the WWE shows most of the time. But I think that has to do with the lack of 20 minute promos and dumb skits doing on forever.

Vince is giving himself his own DVD:

WWE has announced that they will be releasing a 2-disc DVD set called "McMahon" that looks at how Vince McMahon went from being an announcer to one of WWE's most controversial personalities. Below is the description.

"This 2 disc production takes a look back at what caused Vince McMahon to come out of the announcer booth and right into some of the most controversial moments ever seen on television. For the first time ever the onscreen and off-screen intrigues of the world's most notorious boss are broken down by the people who know the man best. Exclusive interviews with Shane, Stephanie and Linda McMahon, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman and more. Mr. McMahon himself reveals when the seed was planted to screw Bret Hart in Montreal, what it was like to win the WWE Championship, the true story behind the battle against WCW, the XFL, his daughter Stephanie marrying and more. Plus you'll see the Austin/McMahon rivalry, the infamous Kiss My Ass Club, and his classic matches versus Stone Cold, Shane McMahon, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. Who is the real Vince McMahon? You decide!"

Guest savagerulz

Yes it was.  It looks like the DVD will score highly in the unintentional hilarity department as they mix work and shoot together into a confusing mess.

Don't they do that with the majority of them?

How boring is the feature going to be: everyone who's ever tried to compete against Vince (Bischoff, Heyman, possibly Greg Gagne) saying how Vince is the most brilliant mind in wrestling, people in his family saying how Vince is the most brilliant mind in wrestling, people who work for him saying how Vince is the most brilliant mind in wrestling.....etc, etc.

Yes it was.  It looks like the DVD will score highly in the unintentional hilarity department as they mix work and shoot together into a confusing mess.

It depends. Some guys are just 100% shooting like Arn. And some guys are working like Lawler. Though Lawler is awful in these as it always becomes about him in some way.

Two items I just noticed on WWE Shop:

http://shopzone.wwe.com/Product_detail.asp...ductId=01-07728

http://shopzone.wwe.com/Product_detail.asp...ductId=01-07729

Is this an even greater (and also subtle) attempt by Vince to bring Bret back? Or just a way to make a quick buck?

(BTW, I'm old enough to remember the original versions of BOTH T-shirts!)

Guest Dangerous A

A good point was brought up recently in that WWE has essentially given away the Backlash ME 3 times before the ppv with the handicap matches since none of the partners have gotten along anyways and now they expect people to pay $35 to watch it for a fourth time.

I get the feeling Backlash's buyrate will be closer to No Way Out in that it'll break even or make a little money, but it will be disappointing nevertheless.

I was actually thinking about two or three weeks ago that a fourth man was going to be added to the mix. I was expected the whole HBK gets involved to get the D-X reunion started and possibly change the match to a tag match or a four way. WWE went with a tag match with God instead. :(

Guest The Metal Maniac

Just wait until HHH does become HBK's partner for the match.

I think the whole thing is just an overblown scheme for him to be able to get away with being announced as God.

Yes it was.  It looks like the DVD will score highly in the unintentional hilarity department as they mix work and shoot together into a confusing mess.

I just think that this will have much more BS than the average WWE release. I can't wait to see Vince blame the XFL's failure on the spiteful media who didn't give it a fair shake or how they get around Hunter and Steph being married in real life.

Is this an even greater (and also subtle) attempt by Vince to bring Bret back? Or just a way to make a quick buck?

I assume it's the latter. Bret has been open to doing further merchandise projects with WWE since he did the DVD, so I assume that this falls in that category. I do know they were thinking of working on a coffee table book of his career consisting largely of pictures.

possibly Greg Gagne

Why? What's the story with Greg Gagne and Vince?
I was just thinking that Greg will probably stand in for his dad in the "Vince is the most brilliant man in wrestling" segment that you know is going to be on there just because I don't know if Verne's still got all his faculties (his HOF induction made me wonder if he's just has a hearing problem or if he's going senile).

Guest savagerulz

In other news of WWE shitting on Smackdown...

? According to PWInsider.com, there has been virtually no talk of a draft this year, and many are leaning towards the belief that one ultimately will not happen. Because SmackDown?s timeslot (and vulnerability to preemption) prevents it from rivaling RAW?s stature, the feeling is that WWE has no real incentive to boost that brand?s roster.

Of course, WWE might decide to go ahead with another draft for the purpose of stimulating some ratings growth (at least on RAW) this summer. So, while a draft is still possible, readers should know that one is not presently in the plans.

Guest savagerulz

They shouldn't have a draft this year or any year. All they end up doing is disrupting storylines and breaking up tag teams and turning them into jobbers.

...and making proper switches of champions and giving guys who are losing steam a chance to revive or at least stabilize their careers.

I'm not saying I love the draft, but to deny that it's done ANY good is just being stubborn for stubborn's sake.