Pro Wrestling Only

All Japan in 2006

Mad Dog

I guess a lot of that depends on how good this new "King's Road" promotion ends up being. If it comes off as planned, then it sounds like it might take what little fan base AJPW has left with it. Then again, AJPW still has Kojima and he's pretty popular. What I'd love to see is Kojima end up in NOAH.

This would be the perfect time in wrestling for promotions the world over to band together and have a traveling world champ that defends in the US, Japan and Mexico, but the politics would be even more chaotic today than they were in the NWA days, so it will never happen.

The Japan scene is interesting... in the US people complain that Vince having a virtual monopoly is part of the reason his company's creatively in the tubes, yet part of the reason Japan's in a mess is because there was about a billion indy feds at one point.

I think New Japan is posed for a comeback in 2006. They've finally got Antonio Inoki's influence away from the product and they have just the right gaijin in Brock Lesnar. With the rumored house cleaning coming up we should hopefully see a lot of deadweight like Tadao Yasuda getting the boot. Inoki being gone and Fujita pulling his usual nonsense over jobbing should hopefully end the shoot fighter crap.

Guest Mike Campbell

It's been a rough month for All Japan's roster. Jamal, Giant Bernard, the Dudleys, Taiyo Kea and a few other guys are now gone from the promotion

So far, Kea leaving has not been confirmed, and he's actually booked on the upcoming January tour. Team 3D are supposedly only gone for the month of January, due to TNA commitments.

With the rumored house cleaning coming up we should hopefully see a lot of deadweight like Tadao Yasuda getting the boot. Inoki being gone and Fujita pulling his usual nonsense over jobbing should hopefully end the shoot fighter crap.

Well Yasuda has been gone for awhile now. But I do see Chosyu's house cleaning being a good thing, and Mutoh being right there to pick up whoever he can.

It's a mixed blessing with Chosu. With Inoki gone it's going to be easier for a booker to operate. As long as he lets someone else book the junior division he's a plus for the company. If he's allowed to book the junior division we'll probably get a repeat of Liger in 2000.

Guest Mike Campbell

Lyger has been booking the junior division at least as far back as 2002. According to Stuart, Minoru Tanaka has been doing some booking alongside him as well this year.