Pro Wrestling Only

[2016-04-17-RIZIN] Kazushi Sakuraba & Hideo Tokoro vs Wanderlei Silva & Kiyoshi Tamura

GOTNW

Look if it's questioned whether or not a match is a work or a shoot in the first place it can classify as pro wrestling. I'm not really sure what was going on in the grand scheme of things but as soon as I saw this was announced I was hoping "special grappling rules" were a euphemism for pro wrestling. I'm not gonna go into the Sakuraba-Wanderlei interactions and what was going on there, but you have a tag team match with a 15 minute time limit that ended on a draw just as we were getting a banana split nearfall. And there's also literally a point in the match where the ref tells the guys to tag out. And Takada is at ringside commentating and booked this. Takada. And then you watch the Tamura-Tokoro interactions and they are basically a RINGS match, which is what I'm all about. I would cut everything else out if I were doing a JIP but if you want to see Tamura grapple like it's 1998 while working a Petr Čech gimmick (there's probably a rational explanation for his headgear but I don't want to hear it) this is your best bet.

• GSR changed the title to [2016-04-17-RIZIN] Kazushi Sakuraba & Hideo Tokoro vs Wanderlei Silva & Kiyoshi Tamura