Pro Wrestling Only

Mid South Wrestling on Tour May 1984

LowBlowPodcast

5/2/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Fort Worth Texas – Will Rogers Memorial Center

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you on its Fox Affiliates throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Action is coming to you tonight from the Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth, Texas!

-MSW opens this week with Jim Ross putting over the night’s event as we will see the Mid South Tag Team Titles on the line when the Fantastics challenge the champions, Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard. Ross puts over how we have a NEW North American Champion and we will see the footage in a little while on the broadcast. The crowd then pops when we see Ted Dibiase walk out to the ring! He joins Jim Ross…

Jim Ross: Wait just a moment… Ted Dibiase?!?

Ted Dibiase: Don’t adjust your television sets… I am here and I have got a couple of things on my mind. First things first, I want to congratulate Jim Duggan on winning the Mid South North American Championship. I have held that title more than anyone and I know exactly what it is all about to win that title but retaining it is going to be the hard part. The next thing on my mind is the team of Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard. These two call themselves the Dynamic Duo… well I am a man alone but you better damn well know that I have got revenge on my mind. You two put me out of action for months here in Mid South and I am back and revenge is on my mind. Jim Ross… I am going to sit right here and join you tonight as we watch this tag title match…

Jim Ross: Fans there you have it… Ted Dibiase is here and fans we have got a big one coming up!

MID SOUTH TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Fantastics vs Tully Blanchard © & Gino Hernandez ©

-Here we go after some big entrances it is time! These four men put it all together tonight in a great 17-minute contest! Ross and Dibiase tell the story and what a story it is. The Fantastics’ rise to the titles. The rise of Gino and Tully and the subsequent bad luck that have had over the past two weeks. Could it come to fruition here tonight? The match is fast paced with some smooth tags. The big moments see Gino and Tully work some serious heat with the crowd over on Fulton and we get a big hot tag to Rogers who come in like a house of fire! He is firing on all cylinders but Gino and Tully break him down. Dibiase says they may be the best tag team in wrestling and perhaps the world. Tully and Gino look to finish but Fulton and Rogers find a way out but it isn’t enough. Gino has got something in his tights and he CRACKS Fulton who goes out of the ring. Dibiase leaves to check on him and see what’s going on. Inside the ring, we see Gino and Tully set up for the SPIKE PILEDRIVER but Dibiase distracts Gino who is on the ropes! We see Rogers with a mule kick and Hernandez goes down! He runs through Tully’s legs but on the other side of the ring Fulton is on the rope and leaps for a SUNSET FLIP ON BLANCHARD FOR THE 1…2….3!!! WE HAVE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! THE CROWD EXPLODES! Nick Patrick gives the titles to Rogers and Fulton and they hold them up high in the air! Blanchard and Hernandez are IRATE! We will be right back!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Jim Ross putting over the big tag team title win of the Fantastics with Ted Dibiase. They cut to footage of Gino Hernandez losing the TV title to Magnum TA and then Tully Blanchard losing the North American title to Jim Duggan! Ross and Dibiase put it over in the biggest way. Gino and Tully come back out and they are screaming up a storm!

Tully Blanchard: YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY DIBIASE?!?

Gino Hernandez: Listen up here pal… if you want we should finish the job we started you just keep talking…

Ted Dibiase: Hold it right there fellas… hold it right there. As you can see, I didn’t come here tonight to fight… I came here to make a deal… and a deal I made… you see Bill Watts is in the back… he is coming out here in just a little while to talk about the Russians… but he and I agreed to a deal… a deal that will see the two of you in the ring against me and a partner on the 25th of May in the Superdome!

Gino Hernandez: Oh yeah… and just who is that going to be huh??

Tully Blanchard: You seem to forget there Dibiase… you broke every friendship you ever had here… there is NO ONE who is dumb enough to team with you against us…

Ted Dibiase: That may be true… hell I may have to give them everything I have got to do it… but I am going to be in the Superdome… I am going to make some phone calls right now and see what I can do!

-Dibiase walks off to a nice little pop from the crowd. Hernandez and Blanchard are still hot… Ross puts over our next contest in the ring…

Hacksaw Duggan vs Dominic DeNucci

-The new North American Champion makes his debut to the ring and he chases off Gino and Tully with the 2x4 and the title! We get a pretty simple squash with Duggan making quick work of DeNucci. He nails the flying clothesline for the 1…2…3! He takes the title over to Jim Ross…

-Ross and Duggan put over his big title win. They talk about him being up for any and all challengers. Ross says that Bobby Heenan has been talking about King Kong Bundy a lot and Duggan says he would love to see him in that ring anytime… anywhere! Magnum TA then walks out and joins Duggan and congratulates him. He puts over how he retired Wrestling II this past week and he says just like Jim Duggan… they are on the golden road. He says it is hard to walk this road with enemies at every turn but he will do whatever it takes to keep his title! Ross puts it over and says the Heenan Family will be here when we return!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Ross putting over the big title change earlier tonight but then we see Bobby Heenan come out. He puts over the Family and says that next week… right here on MSW… Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch are challenging The Fantastics to a Loser Leaves Town, Texas Tornado, Mid South Tag Team Title Match. Ross jokes that Heenan could barely pronounce that. Heenan threatens Ross and says that next week it will be the Fantastics… but he has got an issue with Wahoo McDaniel first… this brings the big Chief out and he is in the ring…

Wahoo McDaniel: You got something to say to me Heenan?! I can see you brought everyone to the party here tonight… well let me put it on the line for you. Rick Rude… Bundy… right here… right now… and I have got a partner!

-Rude and Bundy head into the ring but then the crowd pops when Scott Casey runs out to join Wahoo and we have got tag team action right now!

Wahoo McDaniel & Scott Casey vs Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

-A fun little 6-minute contest but it breaks loose pretty quick. Adonis and Murdoch come out and get involved but then we see Fulton and Rogers run out and break things up for an eight-man brawl. Ross it putting it over like crazy as we see the babyfaces standing tall with Heenan and the Family irate in the aisleway!

*COMMERCIAL*

Don Muraco & Ivan Putski vs The Invaders

-A quick little squash for Muraco and Putski. They work these guys over pretty good and get a nice pop from the crowd. Ross puts them over as the crowd then erupts when we see Bill Watts walk out and join Ross.

Jim Ross: Thank you for coming in here Bill… I know everyone wants to know the status of your injuries…

Bill Watts: Well Jim Ross, you can see this brace around my neck. I have had a pain in my neck for a LONG TIME and it is because of those RUSSIANS! They came out here a couple of weeks ago and that good for nothing Ivan Koloff unleashed the Russian Nightmare, Nikita Koloff and he hit me brother with a Russian Sickle that tore up all the muscles and strained all the muscles in my neck.

-The crowd pops as here comes the Russians! The Koloffs and Kruschev walk up to Watts but then the crowd goes nuts when we see Rotunda and Williams come out!

Ivan Koloff: You want to come out here and you want to disgrace Russia. You want to disgrace my family! Bill Watts, you are going to rue to the day that you messed with the Kremlin!

-Watts rips off the neck brace to a huge pop!

Bill Watts: You wanna talk about ruing the day Koloff… lemme tell you something right now brother… I haven’t been in that ring in quite some time brother but this is going to be the last Stampede!

Ivan Koloff: What do you want? You want me to unleash Nikita again to finish the job!?!

Bill Watts: I’m gonna tell you right now… in a couple of weeks… we’re going to the Superdome… the three of us vs the three of you in an ALL AMERICAN BRAWL! Come as you are… leave if you can… one team wins and one team loses!

Ivan Koloff: If you want to know the date of your demise you know it… we will see you then…

-The Koloffs walk off as the crowd is going wild right now for Watts, Williams, and Rotundo! We will be back in just a moment!

*COMMERCIAL*

Jim Ross: Fans we are back… you heard it just a moment ago… on May the 26th in the Superdome it is going to be a six-man American Brawl for it All as Bill Watts is going to come out of retirement and join Mike Rotundo and Steve Williams to take on Ivan, Nikita, and Kruscher Kruschev! Wait just a moment… we heard this one earlier… Ted Dibiase…

UWF-9-13-1986.mp4_001565465.jpg

Ted Dibiase: Jim Ross… I set the challenge out earlier… well Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard accepted the challenge and I set out to get a partner. Well I asked around the back and needless to say I have burned those bridges to the ground and I can’t blame anyone… but what I do have right here…

-Dibiase pulls out a piece of paper…

Ted Dibiase: This is a contract but not just any contract… this is the Junkyard Dog’s contract!

-The crowd explodes!

Ted Dibiase: JYD if you are watching… if one of his family members or friends is watching… this is your contract. I am the one who can make it happen again… you show up here next week… you join me in the Superdome against Hernandez and Blanchard… this become whole once again!

Jim Ross: Fans there you have it! the JYD has a chance to come back to Mid South if he joins Ted Dibiase in the Superdome! We will hopefully have him here next week!

OH I LOVE IT. I said in a post awhile ago that I thought I had this one figured out and if I was right, you were brilliant. I thought when you said Dibiase could be the only one to bring JYD that you were going to do this. I truly love it!

This show was great. It was fun to watch the demise of Tully and Gino over the past few weeks losing all their belts and now we have the feud to end all feuds coming.

Watts vs The Russians is classic!

Keep sending us these great cards!

5/3/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Austin, Texas – Frank Erwin Center

Don Muraco defeated Samu

Nikita Koloff defeated Ivan Putski

Steve Williams & Mike Rotundo and The Russians went to a double DQ

MID SOUTH TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Magnum TA © & Gino Hernandez went to a 30-minute draw

ELIMINATION MATCH

King Kong Bundy, Rick Rude, Adrian Adonis, & Dick Murdoch defeated Wahoo McDaniel, Scotty Casey, & The Fantastics

MID SOUTH NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP

Hacksaw Duggan © defeated Tully Blanchard

5/4/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – San Antonio, Texas – HemisFair Arena

Don Muraco defeated Samu

Steve Williams & Mike Rotundo defeated The Russians

Wahoo McDaniel & Scott Casey defeated Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

The Fantastics © defeated Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch via DQ

CAGE MATCH

5/5/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Lake Charles, Louisiana - Civic Center

Don Muraco defeated Samu

Steve Williams & Mike Rotundo and The Russians went to a double DQ

ELIMINATION MATCH

Wahoo McDaniel, Scotty Casey, & The Fantastics defeated King Kong Bundy, Rick Rude, Adrian Adonis, & Dick Murdoch

5/9/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma – Civic Center

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you on its Fox Affiliates throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Action is coming to you tonight from the Civic Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

-MSW opens up this week with footage of the rise and subsequent fall of Tully Blanchard and Gino Hernandez. We see them winning all the titles and then losing all the titles last week. The final scene is that of Ted Dibiase challenging Blanchard and Hernandez and then announcing that he had a contract for the Junkyard Dog to join him against Hernandez and Blanchard on the 26th in the Superdome! We cut to Jim Ross who is standing by…

Jim Ross: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Mid South Wrestling! I am Jim Ross and fans I want to welcome in right now, the one, the only, Cowboy Bill Watts! Cowboy, I see you are joined right now by the All Americans, Mike Rotundo and Steve Williams… are they ready for the All American Brawl at the Superdome?

Cowboy Bill Watts: Well lemme tell you something Jim Ross… I have got these two men right here ready for the fight of their lives brother. You are talking about American vs Russian. Decency vs Scum in my opinion. These three come out here and just run America into the dirt… well we are right here boys and we are going to rise up from the ashes and we are going to be the ones putting you down or good!

-The crowd pops big for Watts who is going wild right now…

Cowboy Bill Watts: Now you wanna talk about the Superdome? I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag, but I have got a limo going to pick up the Junkyard Dog from the airport, and he is going to be here tonight to answer Ted Dibiase! He is going to be here in about 45-minutes and I am told he has some input on what is going to happen.

-The fans are screaming for the JYD!!

Cowboy Bill Watts: Now I have got a couple more announcements. First… the Television Championship… this Friday night, Rick Rude is going to get a shot at Magnum TA… and the North American title… this Friday night in Houston, we’re going to have a number one contender match between Wahoo McDaniel and King Kong Bundy and the winner is going on to the Superdome to face Duggan! Now… that leaves the tag titles… and tonight we have got that big Texas Tornado, Loser Leaves Town Tag Team Championship Match…. Well the losers are leaving Mid South but the winners… they are going on to the Superdome to face the Guerreros in an NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match! Now it is time to see these two in action, let’s take it to the ring!

The All Americans vs Two Bad Dudes (Koko & Norvell under masks)

-While they are hiding who they are, these two bad dudes have got some great stuff going even under the masks. The match isn’t fully two-sided but Williams and Rotundo give them some space to work. It isn’t much space though as Dr. Death nails the biggest Oklahoma Slam you’ve ever seen for the 1…..2….3!! Williams and Rotundo celebrate but we see the Russians in the aisle-way… this one could go down at any point in time… but tonight isn’t the night. The Russians are just soaking it in and Nikita Koloff looks SO FUCKING BIG! He is going to be unleashed for real next week… get pumped!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Watts and Ross putting over all the action from tonight and then build up to our next big contest between Wahoo McDaniel and Rick Rude. They put over the Heenan Family and talk about the big showdown this Friday night when Wahoo McDaniel will take on King Kong Bundy for a shot at the North American title. They also put over Rick Rude’s big chance this Friday night in Houston to take the TV title from Magnum TA! We head to the ring for this big contest.

Wahoo McDaniel vs Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan

A white hot contest here as Wahoo rips the RIP shirt right off of Rick Rude’s chest! Wahoo is sending him rocking and reeling with some HUGE chops and the fans are just going NUTS! Heenan calls out of the reinforcements as we see Bundy, Adonis, and Murdoch run out. The crowd is stirring as they are starting to surround the ring. The crowd then really pops when Magnum TA and Scott Casey run out and shit is about to hit the fan! We get a couple more minutes of action before Adonis and Murdoch try to get involved but Magnum and Casey pull them down. Here comes the Fantastics to help the cause. Bundy is looking to get a shot in on Wahoo but here comes Casey and he nails Bundy in the back. Heenan then jumps up and Casey is about to crack him but Heenan ducks and Casey nails Wahoo instead! Rude then pulls the tights with a roll up for the 1…2….3!! Casey jumps down and goes after Bundy as we’ve got pure chaos right now with Watts and Ross just going nuts on commentary!

*COMMERCIAL*

-We are back for MSW and it has alredy begun as inside the ring the tag team contenst has started. The tag team titles are on the line and so are the contracts. Watts and Ross put over how one of these teams will be leaving Mid South after tonight and one of them will be able to face the world tag team champions in the Superdome!

LOSER LEAVES TOWN

TEXAS TORNADO MATCH

The Fantastics © vs Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch w/ Bobby Heenan

-This one is picked up hot right off that bat! We see the best out of both of these teams for 15-minutes. With no tags, it is an all out brawl. They even take the fight outside the ring and we see the evolution of the Fantastics. As Murdoch and Adonis are working over Fulton, Tommy Rogers runs off the apron and flying cross body taking both men out! The crowd is white hot right now! We see Heenan trying to bring out Bundy but Hacksaw Duggan is there and he CRACKS HIM OVER THE BACK WITH THE 2x4! Inside the ring Murdoch and Adonis try to isolate Fulton as Rogers has still got some steam. Heenan however grabs Roger’s leg while inside the ring, Murdoch and Adonis set up Fulton for a SPIKE PILEDRIVER! Rogers kicks Heenan away and then goes up top and leaps for a flying dropkick that nails Murdoch right on the chin! Adonis comes flying for a clothesline but Rogers with a backdrop. Fulton is getting up to his feet as Rogers flips Adonis into the ropes and here comes a double dropkick from the Fantastics for the 1…2…3!!! OH MY! Fulton and Rogers have won it and the crowd is going nuts!! Duggan grabs their belts and holds his own while the three of them celebrate in the ring. Heenan is going nuts outside the ring, as he can’t believe it! Adonis and Murdoch are irate. Watts and Ross put this through the roof. The crowd is going wild as we may never see Adonis and Murdoch again!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW is back with limited time remaining. Ross and Watts are putting over the nights action before the crowd stirs with the arrival of Ted Dibiase. He walks over to Ross and Watts…

Jim Ross: Is he here? Did she show up?

Ted Dibiase: I don’t know… I haven’t heard yet…

Bill Watts: Wait just a moment…

­-THE JYD IS HERE! THE JYD IS HERE! He walks over and joins everyone… the crowd is going absolutely insane right now!

36913a2a3723714962475cc9a223b861.jpg

Jim Ross: Welcome in here Junkyard Dog!

JYD: Oh Jim Ross, it is good to be home daddy. I love me some Mid South Wrasslin and brother I am back here to put this together.

Jim Ross: Now do you understand the circumstances?

JYD: I think I got an idea…

Ted Dibiase: I don’t know if you do. Let me lay it out for you. On the 26th in the Superdome, this contract stats that you can step back into that ring and team with me. Let me make it perfectly clear Dog… you and I have never seen…

JYD: Why don’t you let me explain it to you Dibiase! I sign on that dotted line, I get to step back into the ring on the 26th in the Superdome! You and I have never seen eye to eye and brother don’t you think for a minute I can trust you today. I know you are doing this for you… if you had it your way you’d have me gone forever… but brother, if it gets me back in the ring and a shot at the title, I am going to sign on the dotted line!

Ted Dibiase: I guess you do know it… then sign the line…

-JYD signs the line and the crowd goes wild. This is the most unholy of alliances right now and there is no telling what could happen when these two walk into the Superdome together in a little over 2 weeks!

The JYD/Dibiase angle has been wonderful to follow and I am really looking forward to the Superdome. Really enjoyed the picture of Dibiase and JYD in Georgia. Brings back some cool memories.

We have such fun with these loser leave town and I truly enjoyed yours. The idea of the Fantastics growing right before our eyes is cool and they are now one of the best face teams in the game.

Keep up all the great work and thanks so much for doing so much of the behind the scenes work here.

5/10/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Tulsa, Oklahoma – Civic Center

The Barbarian defeated Ivan Putski

Scott Casey defeated Kurt Von Hess

Ivan & Nikita Koloff defeated Mike Rotundo & Steve Williams

Magnum TA © defeated Rick Rude via DQ when Bobby Heenan interferred

The Fantastics & Tully & Gino went to a 30-minute draw

Wahoo McDaniel defeated King Kong Bundy

Hacksaw Duggan © defeated Krusher Kruschev

5/11/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Houston, Texas – Sam Houston Coliseum

Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell vs Koko Ware & Norvell Austin went to a double dq!

Nikita Koloff defeated Don Muraco

Magnum TA © defeated Rick Rude via DQ when Bobby Heenan interfered

#1 CONTENDER MATCH

King Kong Bundy defeated Wahoo McDaniel – When Scott Casey interfered and nailed Wahoo McDaniel leading to Bundy hitting him with the Avalanche and getting the win!

The Fantastics © defeated Ivan & Nikita Koloff via count out

Ted Dibiase defeated Tully Blanchard via DQ!

Hacksaw Duggan © defeated Gino Hernandez

5/12/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Lafayette, Louisiana - Canjundome

Mike Rotundo & Steve Williams defeated Ivan Koloff & Krusher Kruschev

Wahoo McDaniel & Scott Casey went to a double DQ

Rick Rude w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Magnum TA to WIN THE TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP!

The Fantastics defeated Gino Hernandez & King Kong Bundy

5/16/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Shreveport, Louisiana - Irish McNeil Boy’s Club

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you on its Fox Affiliates throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Action is coming to you tonight from the Irish McNeil Boy’s Club in Shreveport, Louisiana!

{MSW opens this week with a lot of footage. We first the big moment when King Kong Bundy defeated Wahoo McDaniel with the help of Scott Casey this past weekend in Houston to become the number one contender! We then see footage from a house cam showing Rick Rude defeating Magnum TA with the help of Scott Casey! The final video shows the conclusion of last week’s show when the Junkyard Dog accepted the contract to come back to Mid South and team with Ted Dibiase to take on Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard in the Superdome! Jim Ross and Bill Watts are standing by!}

Jim Ross: Welcome everyone to Mid South Wrestling! I am Jim Ross alongside the Cowboy Bill Watts. Cowboy, we have got an action packed night ahead of us but in just 10 days, it is the Superdome and it may just be the Last Stampede!

Bill Watts: That’s right Ross. Lemme tell you something… I shined up the boots just this morning brother and I am ready for the last Stampede. The All-American Brawl! USA vs Russia and these Russians are going to get what’s coming to them!

Jim Ross: Fans tonight we will see Nikita Koloff in action for the first time, plus the tag team champions, the Fantastics, and we will see a huge six-man main event, Hacksaw Duggan, Magnum TA, and Wahoo McDaniel taking on Bundy, Rude, and Casey… it is going to be a barn burner!

Bill Watts: That good for nothing turn coat Scott Casey dug his own grave brother. He is going to get what is coming to him tonight, but also in the Superdome… he is going to be facing Wahoo and brother you know he will feel that power of the Chief!

Jim Ross: Fans it is going to be a great night… wait just a moment… what…

{We see Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard show up. They are dressed to the nines but also holding briefcase…}

Jim Ross: What are you two…

Gino Hernandez: Just cool out there Jimbo… cool out and open your eyes and shut your mouth! Right here brother, you are looking at the premiere team in all of professional wrestling. There’s been a lot of people talking about the rise and fall of Hernandez and Blanchard… but brother this is the rise right here.

Tully Blanchard: That’s right Gino… we took a little trip up to Atlantic City this weekend and came back with something special…

{They open up the case full of money…}

Gino Hernandez: This right here is $200,000! This right here is the key to the Superdome… you see it is just too bad Bill Watts that the JYD’s contract doesn’t start till the Superdome or else I’d step in that ring right now and show him just what I think of him…

{The crowd explodes as the JYD comes out!}

JYD: Now wait just a minute there Gino. You see I talked to the Cowboy… we agreed that we can’t wait till the Superdome… if you wanna do the thing, let’s do the thing!

{The crowd is chanting JYD!}

Gino Hernandez: Hold it there dirty dog…now I was just funnin…

Tully Blanchard: Yeah JYD… we didn’t want to fight… we wanted to offer you something…

Gino Hernandez: Inside this case is $200,000… and how would you like half of it?

{The crowd is booing…}

Tully Blanchard: Now you know how much you could do with $100,000… here’s the thing… you take the money and come the 26th… you take the night off.

Gino Hernandez: You make like you got something to do and we will finish off Ted Dibiase once and for all and then you don’t ever have to worry about him again.

Tully Blanchard: Now we want you to think about it… take some time… but the clock is ticking… you let us know what WE can do for you!

{Hernandez and Blanchard take the case and walk off to a chorus of Boos! Ross and Watts put it over as we head to the ring…}

Ivan Putski vs Invader 2

-A simple showcase for the Polish Power… Ivan Putski. He handles Invader 2 with no problems and ends things with the Bearhug. Putski gets a nice pop from the crowd as we see him exit but in his way in the entryway is…

0ea4a4e995797b55f8ed416558826de0.jpg

-Ross and Watts put over the Barbarian! Who is this guy? What is his plan? More when we come back!

*COMMERCIAL*

-We return to MSW with some footage of the World Tag Team Champions… the Guerreros. Ross and Watts return putting them over and say they will be in the arena next week! They will face the Fantastics in the Superdome but Bobby and Tommy are here tonight!

The Fantastics © vs Jose Estrada & Victor Rivera

-A great showcase for the Fantastics who are looking CRISP! They have got the titles back. They have got the fans behind them. They nail a great Rocket Launcher for the 1….2…3 and that’s all she wrote!

-Bobby and Tommy join Ross and Watts to put over the World Tag Team Title contest in the Superdome. They say they are going for the gold and want to unify the titles and bring the gold back to Mid South!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Watts and Ross putting over the action of the night and then they turn to the All American Brawl and Ross puts over the Russians while Watts says his All Americans are going to be ready for the fight of a life time! Ivan Koloff is shown walking to the ring with Nikita and Krusher Kruschev behind him. Ivan cuts a quick promo before Nikita Koloff steps in and he is going to be in handicap action here tonight.

Ken Raper & Barry Horowitz vs Nikita Koloff w/ Ivan & Krusher

-90-seconds. It is only 90 seconds for Nikita Koloff to just completely destroy these two guys. He hits a couple of big power slams. A couple of huge body press slams. Nikita then sets up for a huge RUSSIAN SICKLE on Barry and then Raper and stacks them for the 1….2….3! Nikita looks completely unstoppable. Ivan and Krusher just laugh it up as Watts and Company look on. What a war this is going to be!

*COMMERCIAL*

­-MSW returns with footage from earlier and the $100,000 offer from Hernandez and Blanchard to the JYD. Watts puts over JYD vs Gino next week! Ross puts over the Guerreros as they will be here next week in action. They turn their attention to his huge main event as we head to the ring for this contest…

Hacksaw Duggan, Magnum TA, & Wahoo McDaniel vs King Kong Bundy, Rick Rude, & Scott Casey w/ Bobby Heenan

-It doesn’t get much bigger than this. The North American and TV champions are here. Heenan has got his men primed and here we go! This one is a fast paced 15-minute affair. We get to see all six-men involved and just tastes of what is to come. Duggan and Bundy really excite the crowd and there is something special to be had. Casey and Wahoo have got some heat but it is Magnum and Rude who bring the crowd to a roar. As the match get near the end we get complete chaos. Heenan is trying to get involved but he gets CRACKED by Duggan who is outside the ring with Bundy. Wahoo and Rude lock up but inside the ring we see Casey go for a big clothesline but Magnum ducks and BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX! 1….2….3! Magnum and company win! Heenan tries to get his men regrouped as we see Heenan, Rude, and Bundy once again walk away and leave Casey in the ring… Ross is going nuts on commentary though as something is happening in the back…

-We cut to the camera outside of the arena where Gino and Tully are shown yelling into a car. That is TED DIBIASE! Gino and Tully are yelling something at him and then they throw the briefcase in the car as Dibiase speeds off! What is going on here? Tully and Gino push the camera away as we fade to black…

5/17/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Monroe, Louisiana – Civic Center

Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell defeated Koko Ware & Norvell Austin

The All Americans defeated Krusher Kruschev & Ivan Koloff via DQ when Nikita interferred

King Kong Bundy & Scott Casey defeated Wahoo McDaniel & SD Jones

Tully Blanchard defeated Don Muraco

The Fantastics © defeated Bob Orton Jr & Dick Slater

Rick Rude © w/ Bobby Heenan vs Magnum TA went to a double count out!

Hacksaw Duggan © defeated Gino Hernandez

5/18/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – San Antonio, Texas – HemisFair Arena

The Russians defeated the All Americans

King Kong Bundy defeated Don Muraco

Wahoo McDaniel defeated Scott Casey BLOODBATH

Magnum TA defeated Dick Slater

The Fantastics © vs Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard goes to a 30-minute draw!

Rick Rude © w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Ivan Putski

Hacksaw Duggan © defeated Bob Orton Jr.

5/19/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Beaumont, Texas – Beaumont Civic Center

The All Americans defeated Krusher Kruschev & Ivan Koloff

King Kong Bundy & Scott Casey defeated Wahoo McDaniel & SD Jones

Magnum TA & Gino Hernandez went to a double DQ!

The Fantastics © defeated Bob Orton Jr & Dick Slater

Rick Rude © w/ Bobby Heenan defeated Don Muraco

5/23/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – New Orleans, Louisiana - Lakefront Arena

logo.jpg

Mid South Wrestling is coming to you on its Fox Affiliates throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. Action is coming to you tonight from the Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana.

{MSW opens this week with footage from last week’s show and we see Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard throwing the briefcase into Ted Dibiase’s car as he sped off. We cut to Jim Ross and Cowboy Bill Watts…}

Jim Ross: Welcome everyone to Mid South Wrestling! I am Jim Ross alongside Cowboy Bill Watts and fans we are just days away from the biggest show in the history of Mid South Wrestling in the Superdome in New Orleans this Saturday night!

Bill Watts: Lemme tell you something right now Jim, you are talking about prime time wrestling this Saturday, Main Event, Gino Hernandez and Tully Blanchard taking on the JYD and Ted DIbiase. You got Hacksaw Duggan vs Bundy for the North American Title. Rude vs Magnum TV Title. Guerreros vs the Fantastics for the World Tag Team Titles. And you got the All American BRAWL brother… it is going to be a night to remember.

Jim Ross: That’s right Bill. So many people will be in attendance and waiting to see how things turn out. I know everyone is geared up to see Wahoo McDaniel take on Scott Casey as this feud has been boiling for weeks now. Tonight we will see Wahoo teaming up with Magnum TA.

Bill Watts: Plus tonight in the main event, the JYD returns to Mid South to take on Gino Hernandez.

Jim Ross: Fans we will also see the World Tag Team Champions in action tonight. Right now, the Russians are here… let’s go to the ring!

Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell vs Ivan Koloff & Krusher Kruschev w/ Nikita Koloff

-A nice showcase here for the Russians who look to be primed for the All-American brawl this Saturday night. Blair and Brunzell put up a good fight, but it is nothing for the Russians. In the end we see Ivan hoist up Brunzell for Krusher to hit a flying Russian Sickle for the 1….2...3! Nikita then gets in as the Russians hold these guys up for Nikita to put them down. He flexes at Watts who puts him over but says his All-Americans are primed for the fight of their lives this Saturday!!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns with Jim Ross and Bill Watts putting over the Superdome show and the big All-American Brawl. They turn their attention to the television title match and the grudge match as Wahoo McDaniel and Magnum TA join them. They put over the matches and talk about the Heenan Family. They say that they will do whatever it takes to walk out winners this Saturday and will put it all on the line. Magnum is in action tonight as we cut to the ring…

Magnum TA vs Dominic DeNucci

-A great little showcase for Magnum TA who makes quick work out of DeNucci. We see the big BELLY TO BELLY for the 1…2….3! Wahoo and Magnum shake hands in the middle of the ring and they call out the Heenan Family… but nothing doing. We’ll see what happens here…

*COMMERCIAL*

­-MSW returns with footage of the World Tag Team Champion Guerreros and the Mid South Tag Champion Fantastics. We then cut to Ross and Watts who put over the huge match this Saturday night in the Superdome with the World Tag Team Titles on the line. We see the Fantastics come out to the ring and talk about the Guerreros and put them over. Hector and Chavo Guerrero are here tonight and they are in action as we head to the ring.

Koko Ware & Norvell Austin vs Chavo & Hector Guerrero

-We get a nice 11-minute contest here as Koko and Austin really show what they’ve got but the Guerreros are just one step ahead. The Fantastics really put them over and talk about how good the match is going to be this Saturday. Inside the ring we see a big suplex by Hector followed by a top rope elbow from Chavo for the 1…2…3! The Guerreros hold up the titles and the Fantastics give them their due. We then see pure chaos though as Hacksaw Duggan is shown coming out of the locker room. He is a bloody mess. Wahoo and Magnum are helping him…

*COMMERCIAL*

­-MSW is back as Bill Watts is trying to get a word from Hacksaw Duggan who is bleeding all over the place. Magnum and Wahoo try to hold him up…

323-1024x768.jpg

Bill Watts: Hacksaw Duggan… what happened here?

Hacksaw Duggan (panting): I don’t know what it was… but I got out of my car… it was Rude… it was Bundy… it was Heenan… they hit me with something. I don’t know what it was.

Bill Watts: I guess that explains where these guys were…

Magnum TA: It shows just how low they are willing to go…

Bill Watts: Fans we will be back with our main event, let’s get Duggan some help!

*COMMERCIAL*

-MSW returns showing Heenan, Rude, and Bundy leaving the arena with Magnum TA and Wahoo McDaniel trying to fight them in the back. We return to the set with Ross and Watts putting over the Superdome one more time. They put it through the roof and run down the card.

MAIN EVENT

Ted Dibiase & Junkyard Dog vs Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard

Jim Duggan © vs King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Fantastics © vs The Guerreros © (Hector & Chavo)

ALL-AMERICAN BRAWL

Bill Watts, Mike Rotundo & Steve Williams vs The Russians (Ivan, Nikita, & Krusher)

Magnum TA vs Rick Rude © w/ Bobby Heenan

Wahoo McDaniel vs Scott Casey

-Ross and Watts continue to put it over as we head to our Main Event…

MAIN EVENT

The Junkyard Dog vs Gino Hernandez w/ Tully Blanchard

-The crowd comes UNGLUED for the JYD here tonight. Tully joins commentary and says that JYD is an idiot for not accepting the money. We only get about 6-minutes of a match as we have limited TV time remaining but this is just a big tease for the Superdome this Saturday. We get some good action from Gino who is garnering some MAJOR heat. Before too long we see the JYD pick up Gino for a THUMP out of nowhere but Tully comes in and breaks up the match for a DQ. We see Tully and Gino looking to finish off JYD but the crowd pops when Dibiase runs out with the briefcase. Tully and Gino back off as we have the image of Dibiase looking at JYD who is on his knee with the briefcase. He looks out to the crowd who waits and then ROARS when Dibiase NAILS TULLY AND NAILS GINO WITH THE BRIEFCASE! The crowd goes nuts and Ted and JYD clear the ring. We are out of time… find a way to get to the Superdome this Saturday!

5/24/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Biloxi, Mississippi – Mississippi Coast Coliseum

Koko Ware & Norvell Austin defeated Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell

Wahoo McDaniel & Scott Casey went to a double Count out

Nikita Koloff defeated Don Muraco

The Fantastics © defeated the Russians

Magnum TA & Rick Rude © w/ Bobby Heenan went to a double DQ

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Guerreros © defeated Mike Rotundo & Steve Williams

MAIN EVENT

SIX-MAN TAG

Hacksaw Duggan, Junkyard Dog, & Ted Dibiase defeated King Kong Bundy, Gino Hernandez, & Tully Blanchard w/ Bobby Heenan

5/25/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Live – Houston, Texas – Sam Houston Coliseum

Koko Ware & Norvell Austin defeated Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell

King Kong Bundy defeated Wahoo McDaniel

Mike Rotundo & Steve Williams defeated Ivan Koloff & Krusher Kruschev

The Fantastics © defeated Bob Orton & Scott Casey

Magnum TA & Rick Rude © w/ Bobby Heenan went to a double DQ!

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Guerreros © & Gino Hernandez/Tully Blanchard went to a 30-minute draw

Hacksaw Duggan © defeated Dirty Dick Slater

MAIN EVENT

TWO RING BATTLE ROYAL

Ted Dibiase won a huge two ring battle royal featuring Hacksaw Duggan, Dick Slater, The Guerreros, Gino Hernandez, Tully Blanchard, Magum TA, Rick Rude, The Fantastics, Bob Orton, Scott Casey, Mike Rotundo, Steve Williams, Ivan Koloff, Krusher Kruschev, The Barbarian, Ivan Putski, Koko Ware, Norvell Austin, Brian Blair, & Jim Brunzell

LOGO_MSW.png

5/26/1984 - Mid South Wrestling Presents: The Last Stampede!

Live from the Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana

Attendance: 22,453

Brian Blair & Jim Brunzell vs Koko Ware & Norvell Austin

-A hot opener with four of the brightest young stars in wrestling. We see Koko and Austin really work well and get some nice heat. On the flip side, Blair and Brunzell work hope spots well and we see a nice 11-minute opener to get the crowd going. We see a lot of fast paced action and the finish sees Koko and Norvell with a double back body drop on Brunzell but he lands on his feet and then drops down as Blair hits a double flying cross body! Novell gets up and runs at Brunzell who drops down and Norvell goes over the top to the floor. Koko leaps at Blair who hits him with a huge dropkick and he backs up into Brunzell who grabs him for a crucifix for the 1…2…3!! Blair and Brunzell with the big win here as the crowd pops!

Ivan Putski vs The Barbarian

-A real prime showcase for the Barbarian who looks like a complete monster. He handles Putski well who gives him exactly what is needed to put him over. This one only goes about 8-minutes and we see the power of the Barbarian and in the end he hoists up Putski on his shoulder and then a big SHOULDER BREAKER for the 1…2….3! Barbarian looks great here and he has got a bright future in front of him!

Wahoo McDaniel vs Scott Casey

-This one has got a lot of heat with Casey and Wahoo’s story being one of passion and betrayal. This is a 15-minute blood bath with both of these guys just bleeding buckets. They battle outside the ring and into the crowd as the fans are screaming for their lives. The brawl goes back into the ring and we see Casey looking to finish but it is Wahoo who has got something left in the tank. He hammers away with some huge chops and then an overhead chop that puts Casey down on his knees. Wahoo hits the ropes and then jumps and hits another overhand chop and Casey crumbles. The referee goes to check him out as Wahoo is standing over him bloody. The referee calls for the bell and awards the contest to Wahoo who is bloodied and raises his arm in the air.

Magnum TA vs Rick Rude © w/ Bobby Heenan

-A great prime time contest for both of these men. Rude is rocking the title and Heenan is getting some great heat. This one goes 25-minutes and it does have some weak spots. Neither Rude nor Magnum is in their prime yet, but with Heenan’s help they get through. This one doesn’t have the blood and guts of the other but has some decent wrestling. In the end we see Rick Rude hit the Rude Awakening but Magnum is right next to the ropes. Rude works him over a little more but Magnum makes his big comeback. The crowd is rocking with him as he looks to finish but Heenan is up on the apron. Rude is able to grab Magnum and looks for the Rude Awakening but Magnum powers out, pushes him into Heenan and knocks him off the apron! Rude turns around and Magnum is there for the BELLY TO BELLY FOR THE 1….2…..3!!! MAGNUM HAS WON THE TV TITLE FOR A SECOND TIME! The crowd is going wild here as Magnum holds the title high in the air and the fans behind him all the way.

ALL-AMERICAN BRAWL

Bill Watts, Mike Rotundo & Steve Williams vs The Russians (Ivan, Nikita, & Krusher)

-This one is pretty simple… both teams come out for a fight and a fight is what they get! Watts is nowhere near ready for the beating but he pairs up with Ivan and they do some decent work. Rotundo sells big time for Nikita and then we see Dr. Death beating the piss out of Kruschev. We see all six men interact with one another and it is Nikita who is greener than grass but he definitely gets his strength over. We see the Americans, Ivan, and Krusher all bloodied up but Nikita stands strong. The finish sees Ivan and Krusher lock up Williams and Rotundo in the ropes with Russian chains and then they holds Watts and we see Nikita kill him with a couple of huge Russian Sickles. Ivan holds up Watts one more time as Nikita wraps the chain around his arm and then nails Watts one last time and puts him down as Ivan covers him for the 1…2….3! The Russians have won and the crowd is irate! They are showering the ring with debris as the Russians have a hard time getting out of the ring to the back.

*INTERMISSION*

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Fantastics © vs The Guerreros © (Hector & Chavo)

-We come back from intermission with a white-hot tag team contest. We see these four men put on a clinic. They go 28-minutes and get close to the 30-minute time limit as it comes down to the last 120 seconds. We see all four men get involved and even the Guerreros really take control of Tommy Rogers. They are beating him down to nothing left but he makes the huge tag to Fulton who is a house of fire! They come back with some huge shots and strikes all over the place. We see every man putting everything they have got and in the last two minutes we see greatness. Hector comes off the rope with a huge dropkick on Fulton. Chavo and Hector double up on Rogers but he hits a flying double head scissors! Fulton and Rogers run with a double dropkicks on both men. Chavo runs at both of them again and a double monkey flip and Chavo goes flying over the top rope to the floor! Hector comes and kicks Fulton right in the throat and goes for another on Rogers ducks and then comes behind with a backslide for the 1….2…3! THE FANTASTICS HAVE WON THE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES! THE CROWD EXPLODES! The fans are just going nuts. Security is trying to hold the fans back as some of them jump into the ring! Rogers and Fulton hold both titles high in the air as this is a magical moment!

Jim Duggan © vs King Kong Bundy w/ Bobby Heenan

-Heenan is back out here looking for the biggest prize in Mid South. This one is a messy brawl for about 14-minutes. We see these guys go outside the ring and inside. Heenan gets involved and helps Bundy get control. Bundy is working the ribs pretty well here and Duggan is selling in a big way. We see Bundy hit him in the turnbuckle 4 times with a big splash and Duggan is selling in a big way. Bundy goes for the AVALANCHE for the 1….2….3… But Bundy says keep counting for the 4…. And Duggan kicks out! Heenan is screaming at Bundy! He had the title won but he won’t take it. He picks up Duggan and walks him around the ring but Duggan jumps over his back and throws Bundy into the turnbuckle… Bundy staggers back and Duggan with a powerslam! Both men are down and Heenan is screaming for Bundy who slowly gets up, as does Duggan. Heenan tries to hold on to Duggan’s leg as Bundy runs for a splash but Duggan gets out of the way and Bundy nails the turnbuckle! Duggan hits the ropes and leaps for a flying shoulder block and Bundy goes flying! Duggan covers for the 1….2….3!! DUGGAN HAS WON IT! Heenan is crying outside the ring and he comes in as Bundy and Heenan double up on Duggan and he goes outside but gets the 2x4! He comes in and just CRACKS Bundy over the skull with the 2x4 and it shatters! Heenan takes his man, bloody as all get out up the aisle. Duggan holds the title high in the air.

MAIN EVENT

Ted Dibiase & Junkyard Dog vs Gino Hernandez & Tully Blanchard

-We have seen some matches try to steal the show but this is the reason why everyone is here. Gino and Tully have got so much heat as security brings them down to the ring. Dibiase comes out to a nice ovation but fans are still luke-warm on him. The fans come unglued when the JYD comes out and it is pure chaos. JYD is kissing fans all the way to the ring. These guys get a solid 30-minutes and my oh my it is great as a spectacle. Dibiase does some great in ring work with Hernandez and Blanchard to carry the match but it is JYD who makes the match special. He comes in with some huge bombs and he has got the crowd going wild. We see the tease near the end with Dibiase getting busted up on the corner. Hernandez and Blanchard work over the Dog badly but somehow he finds a way to break free. He goes to tag Dibiase who drops down and is shaking his head. He is shaking out the cobwebs but here comes Blanchard to try and finish off the Dog. Dibiase is getting screamed at by the crowd as Hernandez and Blanchard are going for a spike pile driver but Dibiase jumps back in and we’ve got a four way brawl and the crowd is back in! Dibiase and JYD go back to back and then we see Dibiase throw JYD down and take a huge clothesline. Hernandez and Blanchard are working as a unit but JYD has got the momentum. We see him with some huge strikes and then Dibiase comes back and he and Hernandez go out of the ring to the floor. Inside, Blanchard goes for a knee lift but JYD grabs him and hoists him up for the THUMP and the 1…2….3!!! THE CROWD EXPLODES! Blanchard goes out of the ring but Dibiase grabs the briefcase… he steps into the ring and teases hitting JYD with it… instead he opens it up and they start tossing the money around! They shake hands and what a night. The Superdome has seen it all. So long for Mid South Wrestling!

WOW! The Stampede really delivered! Bold move putting the Russians victory on that early with the potential for a riot....however the Fantastics winning the World Tag Team titles was a great way to reign them back in and make them happy....not to mention huge victories for Magnum, Hacksaw, and the JYD/Dibiase finish sent the fans home on cloud nine! Great show!!