Pro Wrestling Only

Booker T injured at house show

sek69

From WO:

WWE Injury tonight

[email protected]

We don't have much in the way of details, but Booker T suffered an injury to his right knee while wrestling Matt Hardy tonight in White Plains, NY. From preliminary reports from talent on the scene, the injury appeared to be serious.

They went right to the finish, and just had Hardy cover him to get out of a match that Booker was likely supposed to win. A slew of officials were surrounding him after the match ended. He was helped out of the ring and had a hard time getting to the back.

Booker was scheduled to face Chris Benoit tomorrow night at the Smackdown tapings in Uncasville, CT in match No. 5 of the best-of-seven series.

Thanks to Jeremy Jacobowitz and several others.

Bad luck scenario after bad luck scenario is coming up. If Booker is going to be sidelined, that's unfortunate, especially since he's beaten Benoit so many times going out and the series may not be able to be completed after being hyped up so much. And how funny is it that Matt Hardy remains healthy and over and he's resented for it. I don't understand the thought process by putting Booker over Matt at this stage of the game, considering the future upside of both guys.

Booker has been using the bookend. He hit it on the highly reccomended match #2 and he went for it twice in the most rescent match. However, it's been the axe kick that's been Benoit's weakness as he's gone down to it several times so far.

This sucks for Booker's health. I've had my own groin injuries in the past and it's not fun. I think what they got to do is delay, delay and delay until Booker is ready to go. Have Booker being booked as a coward and avoiding matches because he wants to stop Benoit's momentum or something. He should also send out various hit men in the mean time to soften up Benoit before match #5

It's a shame this had to happen from a fan perspective because the series so far was kicking all sorts of but. The most fun I've had watching WWE in a long time.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

Why doesn't Booker just DQ himself when the match begins trying to severely injure Benoit so Benoit won't be able to compete in the next match and therefore would have to forfiet it? (Booker sacrifices one match because he can afford to, and needs only one more win). Teddy Long says he'll allow Benoit a leave of a few weeks so that explains the hold-over and Booker T won't be able to compete because he's tied to Benoit and Teddy doesn't want to risk an injury because he wants the US title series to be fairly decided.

In the meantime, the two can cut promos on each other to bring up the intensity and reference their WCW feud, have Benoit talk from a hospital bed with bruises on his face and his wife by his side saying when he gets back the next 2 matches will be the toughest of Booker Ts career because he did what only 18 years of wrestling night in and night out could do - put Chris Benoit in the hospital and the Cripper isn't going to forget or forgive that. Benoit has gone through too much to just come up short in losing the US title, so he's not going to lay down and forfiet for Booker.

Booker can cut a promo saying that he's been held back his entire career. And just when he was getting an opportunity in WCW, they go under. He spent too many years workin hard and not getting enough out of it, so he took the easy way out trying to injure Benoit and he'd do it again too. He is now about creating his own opportunities and he'll try every trick he knows to get that one pin fall on Benoit, so Chris better watch out. Holding the US title means first class seats on the airlines, Limos, VIP treatment and that's what Booker and his woman deserve. And once he gets that title, he's going to put his feet up and coast.

My concern is that at his age, groin injuries take forever to heal properly and you know he's not going to take the proper amount of time off let that happen.

I have a bad feeling that instead of letting it heal, he's going to try to work throught and risk this being a career ending injury.