Pro Wrestling Only

WWE preparing to ruin more OVW talent

sek69

Vince's new moneymaking idea for the new guys coming up is "Team Spirit", a stable of male cheerleaders.

Ken Doane apparently has been doing the gimmick in houseshows, Elijah Burke has already asked out of it.

Surely this will turn things around in 2006.

Guest EastCoastJ

This one is roughly akin to Matt Morgan being groomed for three years in OVW as a future main eventer and then being brought in as a stuttering fool with a Nick Busick haircut. Ken Doane is already turning in to what World Wrestling Entertainment so desperately wants Randy Orton to be. If we're taking draft picks now, I would take Doane over Orton as he has a better wrestling body, he's only 19 and he's more believable on the mic and in the ring than Randy Orton.

This gimmick could potentially be a career killer for Doane, which is insane considering anyone who watches OVW television has to know that he's one of the very few guys with star potential written all over him.

I can't wait to see what they are going to do with Brent Albright. I have a feeling that he is going to get stuck with something brutal, as will CM Punk.

Guest EastCoastJ

Did you see the Punk/Albright match that went like 30:00? It was one of the best OVW matches that I have ever seen. I'm not big on star ratings but people I have talked to who have seen it went as high as ****1/2.

I agree thought that aside from that match Punk has looked really bad in OVW. Albright did most of the work in their one good match as well. Being good at the WWE style might be the hardest thing to do in wrestling, and so far Punk isn't exactly adjusting well. It's not like it matters though, he was over in the indies and he's over in OVW. I KNOW that there is some kind of a lesson that WWE will feel the need to teach him and he will be saddled with something terrible when he comes in. I don't even like Punk that much but it's sad that he'll probably be punished for getting over somewhere besides WWE.

So what's CM Punk using as his finisher now? The Anaconda Vice? Obviously he can't use the Pepsi Plunge.

I'm not sure. I'd have to go through all of the matches and look. He's won most of his matches by cheap methods. Though he has gone for the Pepsi Plunge and Anaconda Vice in various matches.

Had to post this tidbit from the SD spoilers here:

Simon Dean came out and said he's ready for some competition. He challenged any tag team to a match. Out came London & Kendrick. Dean said the match was not against him, it was against his new team The Gyminizers! Out came The Shane Twins/The Johnsons, who beat the hell out of London & Kendrick. There was never a match.

Gyminizers! Get it? They're twins, so Gemini>Gyminize! Brillant, that WWE is.