Pro Wrestling Only

WWE signs Dalip Singh

Strummer

This just screams of Sid Vicious and El Gigante getting huge pushes in the early 90s. Maybe one day, Vince will realize that the fat heel against the top babyface formula is dead, and he'll accept it. He seems to have been grieving that loss for over 10 years now.

Guest Dangerous A

Well, when Vince gets desperate, he goes big.

Still, they should do a little more research on this guy. I've seen him in some NJPW tag matches and he is awful. Add to that he put APW out of business because he killed a trainee with a spinebuster and I guess you can see why WWE would sign him.

Why not just sign Giant Silva back? He looks pretty similiar to this guy and he can at least work without killing somone. I also saw a lot of his NJPW work and he's awful. He's not akward like Giant Gonzalez or Heidenreich but he tends to not care about the health of his opponents.

Actually I think Singh gets a bad rap for that, the guy got a concussion on a spinebuster and he didn't want to look like a pussy a few months into wrestling school and didn't let himself heal properly. I blame APW's policy of abusing the n00bs more than anything Singh did. It's not his fault they sent a kid with a few months experience in there to trade bumps with a giant.

Guest Crucifixio Jones

Actually I think Singh gets a bad rap for that, the guy got a concussion on a spinebuster and he didn't want to look like a pussy a few months into wrestling school and didn't let himself heal properly. I blame APW's policy of abusing the n00bs more than anything Singh did. It's not his fault they sent a kid with a few months experience in there to trade bumps with a giant.

That's not exactly what I just read, Sek.

The San Francisco based law firm of Hersh and Hersh sent out a press release this week announcing that they have filed a lawsuit seeking damages against Rolo the APW Carny and several other APW stooges in regards to the death of Brian Ong, 24, who died May 28, 2001, as a result of negligence during a training session in APW's "boot camp."

Apparently, the geniuses in APW decided that Ong should continue taking moves from another worker who, described as being over 7 foot tall and over 400 pounds, could only be Dalip Singh, a monstrous no-talent currently embarrassing himself and the wrestling business in New Japan. According to the lawsuit, Ong suffered a concussion after what most likely was a powerbomb, was told to CONTINUE TRAINING by whatever unfeeling, uncaring robot was doing the training that night, got powerbombed AGAIN, vomited, and lost consciousness.

...it took 15 FUCKING MINUTES before someone decided it would be a good idea to call an ambulance. Unfortunately, it was too late to revive him, and poor Brian Ong, a 24 year old who just wanted to be a pro wrestler, died on the way to the hospital.

Guest savagerulz

How much you wanna bet his WWE push is going to focus on him killing that guy.

I doubt it, actually. The guy is big. That's enough. Hopefully he'll get something closer to the debut of Kane as opposed to the Giant Gonzales pubic hair suit.

That's not exactly what I just read, Sek.

The San Francisco based law firm of Hersh and Hersh sent out a press release this week announcing that they have filed a lawsuit seeking damages against Rolo the APW Carny and several other APW stooges in regards to the death of Brian Ong, 24, who died May 28, 2001, as a result of negligence during a training session in APW's "boot camp."

Apparently, the geniuses in APW decided that Ong should continue taking moves from another worker who, described as being over 7 foot tall and over 400 pounds, could only be Dalip Singh, a monstrous no-talent currently embarrassing himself and the wrestling business in New Japan. According to the lawsuit, Ong suffered a concussion after what most likely was a powerbomb, was told to CONTINUE TRAINING by whatever unfeeling, uncaring robot was doing the training that night, got powerbombed AGAIN, vomited, and lost consciousness.

...it took 15 FUCKING MINUTES before someone decided it would be a good idea to call an ambulance. Unfortunately, it was too late to revive him, and poor Brian Ong, a 24 year old who just wanted to be a pro wrestler, died on the way to the hospital.

That guy was already concussed before the APW trainers decided to put him in the ring with Singh.

The kid couldn't protect himself because he was probably still woozy from the first concussion. Singh just happened to be the poor bastard in the ring that day.