Pro Wrestling Only

Lutte Internationale September 1984

SirEdger

Lutte Internationale TV

Taped at CHLT-TV Studios, Sherbrooke, QC

September 1st, 1984

hqdefault.jpg

(After the opening credits, we go to the broadcast booth with Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to another jampacked edition of Lutte Internationale TV. The 1st Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup is in the books and unfortunately for our fanbase, Rick Martel fell a bit short of winning the tournament since he lost to USWA’s Terry “Bam Bam” Gordy, who returned to Texas $100,000 richer and with the trophy. Martel showed sportsmanship and congratulated Gordy following his victory. But Eddie, one has to wonder how this loss will impact Martel’s big showdown with Greg Valentine in 12 days at the Montreal Forum when Valentine will defend the International Heavyweight Championship.

Édouard Carpentier: The key for Rick is to not think too much about it. Luckily for him, he’ll be in action this week against Doug Somers so this will be a great opportunity for him to put this in the back of his mind and focus on the International Heavyweight Championship.

Guy Hauray: And we will also hear from Greg Valentine at the end of the show, as we want to ask him why did he try to end Rick Martel’s career during the semi-finals of the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup this week. And also on the program, Billy Robinson & Dino Bravo will meet inside the ring....but in a tag team match as Robinson teams up with “Adorable” Adrian Adonis against Bravo & Gilles Poisson. Let’s get to the ring for our opening contest.

Match #1

Carlos Colon vs Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin)

This is Carlos Colon’s first appearance since he and Chicky Starr captured the International Tag Team Championship last week in Sherbrooke from the Wild Samoans. Guy & Édouard mention that the Wild Samoans are getting their rematch in 12 days at the Montreal Forum as Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman invoked the Samoans’ rematch clause. However, Colon must not think past Mad Dog Lefebvre, who’s a former International Tag Team Champion himself with Pat Patterson. Colon also doesn’t seem to be fully recovered from the sneak attack he was a victim of a while ago by Frenchy’s Legion, of all people. Mad Dog Lefebvre seizes the opportunity and he scores a huge win over one half of the International Tag Team Champions with a shoulderbreaker. Guy & Édouard put over Mad Dog Lefebvre as a potential threat to any champions in Lutte Internationale after pinning Colon.

Winner: Mad Dog Lefebvre

***CONFIRMED FOR SEPTEMBER 13TH SUPERCARD***

INTERNATIONAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Caribbean Connection © vs The Wild Samoans

********COMMERCIAL BREAK********

PROMO AD FOR LIVE EVENT TONIGHT AT JARRY PARK IN MONTREAL

Featuring:

Dino Bravo vs Gino Brito for the International TV Championship

Carlos Colon vs Jacques Rougeau in a Street Fight

(As we’re getting ready to go for our 2nd match, Jim Cornette and Adrian Adonis join the broadcast booth as they make their way for the next scheduled match, a tag team match featuring Adonis & Billy Robinson vs Dino Bravo & Gilles Poisson)

Guy Hauray: Standing by with us are none other than Jim Cornette and Adrian Adonis, who will wrestle up next in a tag match. First of all, Jim, we haven’t seen much of the Midnight Express in action here on TV recently. What are they up to?

Jim Cornette: And you won’t see much of them on TV, do you know why, little man? Because the Midnight Express is special. They are a once in a lifetime tag team. You need to have something special for me to even remotely consider accepting the Midnight Express to perform on TV. You know, I wanted to apply the same thing to Adrian Adonis but Adrian told me: “No, no, Jim, allow me to entertain the masses and let them feast their eyes on my adorable body” So, who am I to say no to Adorable Adrian? One 3rd of the Midnight Express is better than none, Guy. So, everyone should feel lucky that they get to see Adorable Adrian in a wrestling ring in this stinkin’ place. Because I guarantee you that you won’t see anyone like Adorable Adrian ever!

Guy Hauray: Now, Jim, I understand that your Midnight Express will be in 6-Men tag team action at the Montreal Forum on September 13th against Frenchy’s Legion. If you win this match, do you think this makes your Midnight Express an immediate contender for the International Tag Team Championship?

Jim Cornette : Wh—are you kidding me, little man? The Midnight Express is ALREADY a contender for the International Tag Team Championship. I don’t even understand how in the hell the Caribbean Connection got those title shots before we did! But one thing is for certain and it’s that sooner rather than later, I’ll be leading the Midnight Express to the promised land. That’s Loverboy Dennis, Ravishing Randy & Adorable Adrian and each of them will wear gold before you know it. I can tell you this much; everyone is talking about how the Rougeau Brothers are the epitome of tag teams. Well guess what, Guy: until they’ve met my Midnight Express, they haven’t been ANYTHING. You understand me? Anything! And I’ll be damned if I let the Rougeau Brothers get a free pass because of who their daddy and uncles were. The Rougeau Brothers ain’t getting anything until they’ve beat the Midnight Express! So in the meantime, just watch and enjoy the work of Adorable Adrian!

(Adorable Adrian Adonis enters the ring with Jim Cornette and is followed by his tag team partner for the night, Billy Robinson. Shortly thereafter, out comes Gilles Poisson & Dino Bravo for their match. Poisson tries to calm down Bravo, who’s seemingly still fuming from Robinson’s previous attacks.)

Match #2

“Adorable” Adrian Adonis & Billy Robinson (w/Jim Cornette) vs Gilles Poisson & Dino Bravo

As expected, Billy Robinson is in no hurry to start the match in the ring with Dino Bravo so Adrian Adonis starts the match for his team against Dino Bravo. Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier hype tonight’s match at Jarry Park between Dino and his mentor, Gino Brito, for the International TV Championship. Bravo tagged in Poisson but unfortunately for Poisson, he gets dominated by Adonis & Robinson, who finally gets in the ring with Bravo on the apron. Robinson doesn’t miss a chance to taunt Bravo in the corner and that allows Cornette to get a few cheapshots on Poisson with his trusted tennis racket. Bravo finally gets the hot tag and cleans house, finally getting his hands on Robinson for a short time. Robinson still manages to escape most of Bravo’s wrath and Bravo hits his side suplex on Adonis to secure the victory for his team.

Winners: Gilles Poisson & Dino Bravo

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

(Back from the break, Guy & Édouard are ready for the next match but out comes Eddie Gilbert, along with Sherri Martel & “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers as Somers is about to face Rick Martel in this week’s feature bout)

Guy Hauray: Quite the surprise here as we’re being granted a visit from “Hotstuff” Eddie Gilbert himself.

Eddie Gilbert : Why, thank you, Mr. Hauray, nice to see people giving Hotstuff the proper recognition he deserves. I know that all of you, wrestling fans, are excited to see me in action on TV but you’re juuuuuust gonna have to wait a bit. Tonight, it’s all about this man right here, our little pet project of mine & Sherri called “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers. He’s the man today that will defeat the #1 Contender for the International Heavyweight Championship, Rick Martel. This man is a future champion, sooner rather than later, whether it’s in singles or in a tag team with me or someone else, he has all the tools to succeed. Only a matter of time, baby.

Guy Hauray: But how about you, Hotstuff? You’re in action all weekend long as we saw you defeat one half of the International Tag Team Champions Carlos Colon last night in West Guilford, Ontario and you still have 2 matches this weekend tonight in Montreal vs Kendo Nagasaki and tomorrow night in Exeter, Ontario vs Leo Burke. Any predictions?

Eddie Gilbert: Well, I’m not a betting man...well actually, I am but that’s besides the point—but if I were to wager something, I would definitely bet on Hotstuff right here. Now, no disrespect to Kendo Nagasaki, he’s a dangerous man but that’s gonna be a piece of cake. And as for Leo Burke, I’ll tell you what, Mr. Hauray. I just told you that I’m a betting man and that’s exactly what I’m gonna do right now. If I can’t beat Leo Burke in Exeter, Ontario tomorrow night, I’m gonna show up in every arena in the area wearing a dress to wrestle until I can win another match. That’s how confident I am that I’ll beat Leo Burke tomorrow night.

Guy Hauray: Let me guess this straight, Mr. Gilbert; are you saying that if Leo Burke beats you in any way , shape or form tomorrow night, you’ll be wrestling in a dress until you win another match?

Eddie Gilbert: That’s exactly what I said. TV, supercards, house shows, I don’t care. I’m Hotstuff Eddie Gilbert, baby. I’m the man of the hour. If I can’t beat that sloth, I don’t deserve to wear wrestling gear. But that won’t matter because tomorrow night, I will defeat Leo Burke in decisive fashion, just like my protégé Doug Somers will do the same to Rick Martel right now. C’mon Sherri, let’s go!

(Eddie Gilbert walks to the ring along with Sherri Martel & Doug Somers as they await the arrival of Rick Martel to the ring. Martel comes out to a big pop as he salutes the crowd walking to the ring. Martel is still banged up from the gruelling 3-day tournament he just went through but seems confident)

Match #3

Rick Martel vs “Pretty Boy” Doug Somers (w/Sherri Martel & “Hotstuff” Eddie Gilbert)

Once again, the announcers put over the outstanding performance of Rick Martel during the Johnny Rougeau Memorial Cup, only falling to Terry Gordy in the finals. They also hype the weekend’s cards as well as Eddie Gilbert’ s stipulation added to the Exeter card tomorrow night. Somers works early on Martel’s lower back and ankle, targeted by Frenchy’s Legion & Bob Orton during the tournament. Somers gets some momentum in the match but Martel is able to mount a comeback, despite Eddie Gilbert & Sherri Martel’s instructions for Doug Somers. Martel is able to get the submission victory with the Boston Crab.

Winner: Rick Martel

********COMMERCIAL BREAK**********

(We’re back from the break and Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier are soon gonna wrap things up.)

Guy Hauray: We’ve almost come to the end of this week’s episode but as promised, the champion is in the building and Eddie is about to interview him.

(Édouard Carpentier is standing by and out comes the International Heavyweight Champion Greg Valentine along with his manager Frenchy Martin and his hired gun, “Dr. D” David Schultz)

Édouard Carpentier: I see that you didn’t come alone, Greg. Is there anything we’re supposed to know?

Frenchy Martin: That’s because I have some business to take care of first, Édouard. I need to speak to David Schultz. But first, I think that you have some footage to show from our last joint event with the World Wrestling Federation in Toronto so you better roll it.

(Footage from the champion vs champion main event between Hulk Hogan vs Greg Valentine from August 18 is shown in which “Dr. D” cost Greg Valentine his chance to beat WWF Champion Hulk Hogan at the Maple Leaf Gardens. Back to the studio where David Schultz isn’t sporting the biggest smile.)

Frenchy Martin: Now, Dr. D, when I brought you here, it was to make sure that you would protect Greg Valentine. Also, it was because I wanted you to wreak havoc and win some gold around here. You got halfway there when you won that battle royal a few weeks ago to win the right to face Gino Brito. Now, after what happened in Toronto, I’m not so sure that you deserve that opportunity.

David Schultz: What the hell are you talking about?

Frenchy Martin: I talk about the fact that you cost Greg Valentine the biggest match of his life vs the WWF Champion Hulk Hogan in front of a sold out Maple Leaf Gardens. You had one job, ONE, and that was to take care of Gino Brito and you failed! To be honest with you, I’m not convinced you’re the man for this job anymore.

David Schultz: Man, you better get to the point before I shove that beret down your throat.

Frenchy Martin: My point is that Frenchy’s Legion can live with small mistakes but a big blunder like you had in Toronto is unacceptable. There must be consequences to your actions. So I went to Frank Valois and I demanded him to add one stipulation to your match with Gino Brito on September 13th.

Édouard Carpentier: What is that stipulation, Frenchy?

Frenchy Martin: To be clear, if David Schultz can’t get the job done at the Forum, I don’t ever wanna see him back alongside my Legion or in the territory. Win and you stay in. Lose and pack your bags, Dr. D. That’s the price you’re gonna have to pay if you wanna remain my hired gun.

David Schultz: Lemme get this straight....you’re telling me that if I can’t beat Brito, I’m outta here?

Frenchy Martin: That’s exactly right.

David Schultz: Then, I’ll tell you what, Frenchy: I’m gonna beat that snot-nosed Italian so bad that he’s gonna poop meatballs and piss marinara sauce. And then, HE won’t ever come back to his home territory ever again. And afterwards, I’m gonna get my hands on Rick Martel and I’ll destroy him once and for all. He won’t even make it to the main event against Greg. All you gotta do is stay out of my way, Frenchy. Just stay out of my way.

(David Schultz leaves the studio and the attention now shifts to the International Heavyweight Champion)

Édouard Carpentier: Alright, Greg Valentine, a huge match awaits you on September 13th at the Montreal Forum. Rematch for the International Heavyweight Championship between you and Rick Martel. Have you talked strategy with Frenchy yet.

(Greg is about to answer but is interrupted by Frenchy)

Frenchy Martin: Don’t worry about that, Édouard. I got everything under control for this one. Greg is gonna win this fairly easily.

Greg Valentine: Now, hold on just a second, Frenchy. There’s something I need to tell you right now.

Frenchy Martin: What is it?

Greg Valentine: Listen, I think you’ve been a great manager to me and without you, I wouldn’t be where I am in Montreal at the moment, so I thank you for that. However –

Frenchy Martin: However, what?

Greg Valentine: However, after further deliberations with my advisor, we came to the conclusion that it would be better that you don’t show up to my match with Martel. Or any member of your Legion for that matter.

Frenchy Martin: Wh---? What do you mean, “we”? I thought I was your advisor! That’s the deal!

Greg Valentine: Listen, Frenchy, it’s always good to have some outside advice just to keep things in perspective. And we’ve spoken long and hard about this and we came to the conclusion that it’d be in my best interest that you wouldn’t accompany me to my match on September 13th.

Frenchy Martin: Am I really hearing this? You’re firing me?

Greg Valentine: No, no, no, Frenchy, I’m not firing you or anything. It’s a one-time thing. Before September 13 and after September 13, you’ll remain my manager, make no mistake about it. However, for a special occasion like this, I went to someone who has experience leading champions in big time situations. September 13 is a big time occasion so it’s only fitting that I asked this man to be in my corner for the match with Martel.

Édouard Carpentier: Who are you talking about, Greg?

Greg Valentine: On September 13th, Frenchy won’t be in my corner, Dr. D won’t be in my corner, none of Frenchy’s Legion will be in my corner. But on September 13, Jimmy Hart will be in my corner.

Édouard Carpentier: Wait a minute, Jimmy Hart from the World Wrestling Federation will manage you at the Forum?

Greg Valentine: You heard me right, Mr. Carpentier. You see, it’s nothing personal, Frenchy. Don’t get me wrong, you’re doing a great job for me and with Frenchy’s Legion. But when you can have a secret weapon like him to guide you in the biggest match of your career, you just can’t say no. See, myself, Bob Orton, Dick Slater and Jimmy Hart, we started something during the Jacques Rougeau Memorial Cup that we didn’t quite finish. Rick Martel didn’t win the tournament but he’s still there. He’s still a threat to my International Heavyweight Championship. So I need to get this done with so I can move on to another challenger. And Jimmy Hart is the man that can help me doing this. Again, nothing personal, Frenchy. Strictly business. I’ll still make you proud.

(Greg Valentine walks off the set as Frenchy Martin stands completely dumbfounded as this week’s episode concludes.)

20111012-052508-g.jpg

À LA SEMAINE PROCHAINE SI DIEU LE VEUT!

****UPDATE ON SEPTEMBER 13TH SUPERCARD AT THE MONTREAL FORUM****

INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Greg Valentine © (w/Jimmy Hart) vs Rick Martel

September 1st, 1984

Jarry Park, Montreal

-Raymond Rougeau beat Buzz Tyler in 6:05 with the Savate Kick

-International Heavyweight Champion Greg Valentine & Adrian Adonis (w/Frenchy Martin & Jim Cornette) beat Charlie Cook & Pete Doherty at 8:10 when Valentine submitted Cook to the Figure Four

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat "No Class" Bobby Bass at 14:05 after putting his feet in the ropes for leverage

-Justice Dubois beat Randy Rose (w/Jim Cornette) at 10:13 by DQ after interference from Jim Cornette

-"Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert (w/Sherri Martel) beat Kendo Nagasaki at 11:55 with the Hot Shot

-Sheik Ali (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Baron Von Raschke at 12:31 with the Camel Clutch

Street Fight: Jacques Rougeau beat International Tag Team Champion Carlos Colon at 19:45 with the foot in the ropes

International TV Championship: Dino Bravo beat Gino Brito at 60:08 with the side suplex - TITLE CHANGE!!!

September 2nd, 1984

Exeter, ON

-The Creatchman Family (Sheik Ali & Sika, w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Tito Senza & Serge Jodoin in 10:33 after Ali put his foot in the ropes while pinning Senza

-"No Class" Bobby Bass beat Charlie Cook in 12:55

-The Missing Link won a 20-men battle royal

Loser Wears a Dress: Leo Burke beat "Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert (w/Sherri Martel) in 8:38. Per match stipulations as explained on TV, Eddie Gilbert must wear a dress while wrestling until he wins another match

-Raymond Rougeau beat "Dr. D" David Schultz (w/Frenchy Martin) in 33:32 when an attempt at throwing a fireball to Raymond by Schultz backfired on him and Rougeau pinned Schultz afterwards.

Great TV sow. I liked how Cornette said the Midnight Express are to special for TV. Very cool and Cornette like thing to say.

The Valentine/Schultz interview was great! THe Mouth of the South and Valentine after Martel... great match.

Just to let you know, when I see your matches posted, I predict a winner. Tonight I was only 1-3. That makes things so unpredictable and also says something about the quality of your matches. I love it!

September 7th, 1984

Centre Paul-Sauvé, Montréal, Quebec

-"Dr. D" David Schultz (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Buzz Tyler in 7:42 with a piledriver

-Doug Somers (w/Sherri Martel) beat Denis Goulet in 9:32

-The Spoiler & Rick Martel beat Tito Senza & Serge Jodoin in 7:38 when The Spoiler submitted Senza to the Claw.

-Leo Burke beat Afa (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 11:42

-Gilles Poisson beat Dennis Condrey (w/Jim Cornette) in 15:31 with a handful of tights

-Randy Rose (w/Jim Cornette) beat Eddie Gilbert (w/Sherri Martel) in 17:33. Per stipulation, Eddie Gilbert must keep wrestling in a dress.

Guest Referee - Maurice Richard: Armand Rougeau beat Gino Brito in 17:08

International Heavyweight Championship: Greg Valentine beat Mad Dog Lefebvre (w/Frenchy Martin) in 20:48 with the Figure 4 Leglock to retain

Lutte Internationale TV

September 8, 1984

hqdefault.jpg

(After the opening credits, we go to the broadcast booth as the action is about to start)

Guy Hauray: Hello everyone and welcome to our final edition of Lutte Internationale TV before our supercard at the Montreal Forum. Lots of intensity as we’re heading into the final stretch. Several of our main event guys are tuning up their final preparations for the big event but we have an excellent main event on tap for you as the now former International Tag Team Champions the Wild Samoans will take on Baron Von Raschke & the now former International TV Champion Gino Brito.

Édouard Carpentier: Indeed, Guy, now Dino Bravo will make his first International TV Championship title defense at the Montreal Forum vs Billy Robinson on September 13. And if you ask me, Guy, I think that’s exactly how Dino Bravo would want it. Making a statement and settling a score at the same time. This might be one of the most anticipated matches on the card this Thursday.

Guy Hauray: We’ll see about that once we get there but we’re ready for our first match so let’s get to it.

Match #1

“No Class” Bobby Bass vs Pete Doherty

An opening match that doesn’t seem to entice the crowd a whole lot between two preliminary workers but the crowd’s attention cranks up a notch when out of nowhere, The Sheepherders, storm the ring to attack both Bass & Doherty! Butch Miller & Luke Williams came to the ring with a flag and they stick the pole in Bobby Bass’ throat, choking him! The Sheepherders throw Bobby Bass outside the ring and now turn their attention to Pete Doherty! The poor Doherty is now just easy pickings for The Sheepherders as they hit their Double Gutbuster on him. Referees rush out of the back in hopes to stop the carnage. Finally, The Sheepherders wave their New Zealand flag to a chorus of boos before leaving the ring.

No-Contest

Guy Hauray: The Sheepherders in Lutte Internationale? Eddie, the tag team just got put on notice!

Édouard Carpentier: The Sheepherders are known around the world to be one of the most dangerous and toughest teams there is. They’ve been champions everywhere they are. If I’m the Caribbean Connection, I’m not looking past the Wild Samoans Thursday night but I’m looking over my shoulder because the Sheepherders aren’t too far behind. Same goes to everyone else in the tag team division!

Guy Hauray: After the commercial break, the Creatchman Family is in action!

****COMMERCIAL BREAK****

Match #2

The Creatchman Family vs Serge Jodoin & Tito Senza

The Creatchman Family is approaching the ring for their match but we see that Eddy Creatchman is alone with King Tonga and Tonga doesn’t seem to have a partner. The Brain isn’t gonna wrestle, isn’t he? No, because Eddy approaches the broadcast booth and asks for the mic.

Eddy Creatchman: Guy & Édouard, boy do I have a surprise for you guys. You’ve known me for years and you’re aware that I’m always looking to expand my Creatchman Family. Because I never have enough members in my family to torture the Rougeaus, Dino Bravo and Rick Martel. So I scoured the globe and I found myself all the way back down to Texas where I found exactly the man I was looking for. A man who has no moral values, no mercy & is ruthless. Exactly, the kind of man that I like to have in my family. Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I introduce to you, the newest member of the Creatchman Family. From Pampa, Texas, I give you....BLACK BART!

Black Bart comes out dressed with his long trenchcoat, his black cowboy hat and his lasso. Bart yells insanities to the audience and gets into the ring to join his Creatchman Family stablemate, King Tonga. As soon as the bell rings, it’s all Tonga & Bart. They show great chemistry for a team that is just forming. Senza & Jodoin don’t stand a chance in this one. In the end, while King Tonga neutralizes Jodoin with the Tongan Death Grip, Black Bart hits his Texas Trash Compactor 2nd rope legdrop on Senza to secure the victory. Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman gets in the ring and proudly celebrates with his newest acquisition.

Winners: The Creatchman Family (King Tonga & Black Bart)

******COMMERCIAL BREAK******

PROMO FOR MONTREAL FORUM SUPERCARD

Match #3

Samu (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman) vs Raymond Rougeau

Throughout the match, Guy & Édouard hype the Rougeaus vs Orton/Slater Street Fight Thursday at the Montreal Forum. We see Raymond displaying a more aggressive side to himself, as the broadcast team mentions numerous times as well as Raymond’s reputation as a legit tough man. As expected, Eddy Creatchman tries to get involved in the match and it works as his timely distraction allowed Samu to turn the tide and take control in the match. Finally, Raymond regains control after a timely miscue following a 2nd rope headbut attempt from Samu. Raymond mounts a comeback against Samu but unfortunately for him, Raymond misses his Savate Kick and Samu hits the Samoan Drop to get the victory. Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier put Samu over as a legitimate threat to the International Heavyweight Championship more than ever.

Winner: Samu

******COMMERCIAL BREAK******

Back from the break, before the main event starts, Guy & Édouard run down the final card for the Montreal Forum supercard on Thursday

MAIN EVENT

Greg Valentine © (w/Jimmy Hart) vs Rick Martel

INTERNATIONAL TV CHAMPIONSHIP

Dino Bravo © vs Billy Robinson

NON-TITLE STREET FIGHT

The Rougeau Brothers vs Bob Orton & Dick Slater (WWF Tag Team Champions, w/Jimmy Hart)

INTERNATIONAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP REMATCH

The Caribbean Connection vs The Wild Samoans (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman)

Gino Brito vs “Dr. D” David Schultz

***If David Schultz loses, he must leave Lutte Internationale***

6-MEN TAG TEAM MATCH

The Midnight Express (Loverboy Dennis, Ravishing Randy & Adorable Adrian, w/Jim Cornette) vs Frenchy’s Legion (Richard “Le Magnifique” Charland, Mad Dog Lefebvre & George “The Animal” Steele, w/Frenchy Martin)

Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) vs The Missing Link

Eddie Gilbert (w/Sherri Martel) vs Leo Burke

King Tonga & Black Bart (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) vs Baron Von Raschke & The Spoiler

MAIN EVENT

Match #4

The Wild Samoans (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman) vs Baron Von Raschke & Gino Brito

This is Gino Brito’s first TV appearance since he lost the International TV Championship to Dino Bravo at Jarry Park last week. Brito doesn’t seem to be too much rattled by the loss of his title as he seems to gel very well with the Baron in this one. Sika is still sporting the taped ribs and the announce team put over how much pain Sika must be in to even consider having his ribs taped, considering the reputation of Samoans in the wrestling business. Still, that doesn’t prevent the Samoans from dominating the match especially when Gino Brito is in the ring. And it’s Sika’s injured ribs that prove to be the momentary downfall for the former International Tag Team Champions as Sika missed a 2nd rope splash on Brito, allowing him to go tag in Baron Von Raschke. Big comeback from the Baron and it doesn’t take too much time before Samu, Von Raschke’s opponent at the Forum, runs in and attempts to attack Von Raschke but he’s turned away. In the meantime, Eddy Creatchman threw his cane in the ring to Afa who’s about to whack Von Raschke with it but all of a sudden, The Caribbean Connection run in to prevent Afa from using the cane. Fists are traded and referee Adrien Desbois decide to stop the match and awards it to The Wild Samoans. While the Samoans are fighting with Von Raschke & the International Tag Team Champions, Gino Brito is trying to leave but he’s ambushed by David Schultz! Schultz pummels Brito near the broadcast booth and tears Édouard Carpentier’s mic from him. Schultz beats Brito with the mic before using the cable cord to choke Brito with it! The show ends in complete chaos as Brito is struggling to flee the grip of “Dr. D”!

20111012-052508-g.jpg

September 8th, 1984

Centre Paul-Sauvé, Montréal, QC

6-Men Tag: Frenchy's Legion (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Tito Senza, Serge Jodoin & Denis Goulet in 11:35

-Afa (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Buzz Tyler in 3:01 with a Samoan Drop

-Hercules Ayala beat Doug Somers (w/Sherri Martel) in 7:38 with a piledriver

-Gilles Poisson beat Gino Brito in 11:41 with a backbreaker

-Adrian Adonis (w/Jim Cornette) beat Sheik Ali (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 46:58 with Good Night Irene

September 9th, 1984

Welland, ON

-Afa (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Buzz Tyler in 9:53 after using Eddy Creatchman's cane

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Denis Goulet in 11:55

6-Men Tag: The Creatchman Family (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Serge Jodoin, Tito Senza & Leo Burke in 13:37

-Frenchy's Legion beat Charlie Cook & Pete Doherty in 3:38

-Baron Von Raschke beat Dennis Condrey (w/Jim Cornette) in 9:46 with the Claw

-Jacques Rougeau beat Butch Miller in 27:57

6-Men Tag: The Creatchman Family (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat "Dr. D" David Schultz, Adrian Adonis (w/Jim Cornette) & International Tag Team Champion Chicky Starr in 35:37

Montreal Forum Supercard

September 13th, 1984

forum1.jpg

-Baron Von Raschke & The Spoiler beat King Tonga & Black Bart (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman). Postmatch, Black Bart & Eddy turned on King Tonga, attacking him with Eddy's cane & Black Bart's branding iron

Grudge Match: Leo Burke beat "Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert (w/Sherri Martel). Per stipulation, Eddie Gilbert must still wrestle with a dress until he wins his next bout.

-Samu (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat The Missing Link

6-Men Tag Team Match: The Midnight Express (w/Jim Cornette) beat Frenchy's Legion (w/Frenchy Martin)

-Gino Brito beat "Dr. D" David Schultz. Per stipulation, David Schultz must leave Lutte Internationale

INTERNATIONAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Caribbean Connection beat The Wild Samoans (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) to retain

STREET FIGHT

The Rougeau Brothers beat "Cowboy" Bob Orton & "Dirty" Dick Slater (w/Jimmy Hart) when Jacques Rougeau used Jimmy Hart's megaphone on Dick Slater

INTERNATIONAL TV CHAMPIONSHIP

Dino Bravo beat Billy Robinson to retain

Rick Martel beat Greg Valentine (w/Jimmy Hart) to win the title. Bob Orton tried to interfere for Greg Valentine but Martel turned him down. The end came when Frenchy Martin showed up to the ringside area, trying to interfere for Valentine but stopped mid-way down the aisle. It distracted Valentine long enough for Martel to roll up Valentine and win the title.

September 14th, 1984

Sorel, Quebec

-Justice Dubois beat Serge Jodoin in 2:31

-Billy Robinson beat Tito Senza in 4:55 with a double underhook suplex

-Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers (w/Sherri Martel) in 14:40 with a piledriver

-Hercules Ayala & Gino Brito beat "Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert & Black Bart (w/Sherri Martel & Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 19:57 when Ayala submitted Gilbert to the Figure Four. Per stipulation, Gilbert must still wrestle in a dress until he wins another match.

Lutte Internationale TV

September 15th, 1984

hqdefault.jpg

Exceptionally this week, since I had a crazy week, I didn't have time to write a full show so this will be more like a recap. Plus, a couple of things fell through and I didn't have the chance to change my plans. Either way, everything will be back to normal for next week.

6-Men Tag: The Rougeau Brothers beat Buzz Tyler, Pete Doherty & Charlie Cook

-Sika (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Denis Goulet

-Édouard Carpentier interviewed at the broadcast booth what is loosely referred to as "Hotstuff Enterprises", consisting of Eddie Gilbert, Doug Somers and Sherri Martel. Édouard Carpentier tried to talk to Eddie Gilbert about him losing his rematch to Leo Burke at the Forum 2 days ago and still wrestling in a dress but Gilbert quickly avoided the subject and told Édouard that this would change tomorrow at Jarry Park and that this wasn't about him today but his protégé Doug Somers. Eddie told Somers that he's proud of how he has progressed here since Sherri & himself took over his career and he believes he's ready now for the big time. Eddie said he went to promoter Frank Valois and got Somers an International Tag Team Championship match tomorrow night at Jarry Park. Somers gets excited and says that he & Eddie Gilbert will make great tag team champions together. Eddie calms down Somers and tells him that he won't be his partner because he's already booked in a tag team match with Adorable Adrian Adonis to face the Wild Samoans tomorrow night. However, he can tell him that he received a phone call this morning from a man who offered his services to be Doug Somers' tag team partner for the tag team title match. Somers asks who it is and Eddie can't tell him who it is because he doesn't know himself. All he knows is that he told him his initials are "B.R." and he'll be ready to win those tag team belts.

-To close the show, Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier inform us that Rick Martel, who just won the International Heavyweight Championship from Greg Valentine 2 days ago at the Forum, was supposed to be make his first title defense this week but because his opponent had visa issues and Lutte Internationale couldn't find a replacement in such short notice, the match has been cancelled. Instead, they would show the replay of the match between Martel & Valentine from the Forum. After the footage was shown, Guy & Édouard are interrupted by Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman, Sheik Ali & Samu. Creatchman calls bullcrap the "visa issues" and claims that Martel is scared of showing up because he knows Samu is waiting for him so he can take his belt. Eddy reminds everyone that Rick Martel has never beaten Samu here in Lutte Internationale and the last time they wrestled, Samu took Martel out of the Colisée in Quebec City on a stretcher. This time, Samu is not only ready to take the title away from him but also, he's ready to take his career away from him. Eddy Creatchman challenges Rick Martel to defend his title versus Samu and wants an answer by next week.

20111012-052508-g.jpg

September 16th, 1984

Jarry Park, Montreal

-The Sheepherders beat Denis Goulet & Pete Doherty in 16:43

-Randy Rose (w/Jim Cornette) beat Buzz Tyler in 12:19

-Armand Rougeau beat Serge Jodoin in 17:49

-Dennis Condrey (w/Jim Cornette) beat Tito Senza in 13:31 by using his foot in the ropes for leverage

-Greg Valentine & Sheik Ali (w/Frenchy Martin & Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat The Missing Link & Justice Dubois in 17:28 when The Missing Link passed out to Sheik Ali's camel clutch

Guest Referee - Maurice Richard: Adrian Adonis & Eddie Gilbert (w/Jim Cornette & Sherri Martel) beat The Wild Samoans (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) in 24:47. Per match stipulations, Eddie Gilbert can now resume wrestling in his normal gear.

International Tag Team Championship: Billy Robinson & Doug Somers (w/Sherri Martel) beat The Caribbean Connection in 18:39 - TITLE CHANGE!!!

-Frenchy's Legion (Richard Charland & Mad Dog Lefebvre, w/Frenchy Martin) beat International TV Champion Dino Bravo & International Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel in 15:05 with blatant cheating from Frenchy Martin

September 21, 1984

Ottawa, Ontario

-George Steele (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Charlie Cook in 14:49 with the hammerlock slam

-The Missing Link beat Serge Jodoin in 15:55

6-Person Intergender Tag Match: Sherri Martel, Adrian Adonis & Eddie Gilbert beat Baron Von Raschke & Wild Samoans in 10:52

-Sheik Ali (w/Eddy "The Brain" Creatchman) beat Raymond Rougeau in 38:48

Lutte Internationale TV

Taped at CHLT-TV, Sherbrooke, QC

September 22nd, 1984

dieu.jpg

(After the opening intro, we go to the broadcast booth with Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier)

Guy Hauray: Hello, wrestling fans, and welcome to another edition of Lutte Internationale. We’ve got another action-packed program this week but the story coming into this program is the ultimatum that Eddy Creatchman gave to Rick Martel about granting Samu an International Heavyweight Championship match. However, Eddie, Rick Martel isn’t here this week since he’s away making promotional appearances for the territory so unfortunately for the Brain & Samu, they won’t get their answer. But Rick Martel told us right before we went on the air that he will be here next week and answer Samu’s challenge.

Édouard Carpentier: We’ve always known Rick Martel to be a fighting champion and also an honourable champion, as he once again proves it with his media commitment. I have no doubt that he will do the right thing as a champion. We know that it’s been eating him inside that he hasn’t beaten Samu yet in Lutte Internationale. He still has in mind what happened in the Colisée last time in his hometown. He’ll do the right thing.

Guy Hauray: In the meantime, we have an interesting main event for you tonight as now 2 former co-holders of the International Tag Team Championship will be in action as Carlos Colon battles Sika. We’re ready for action so let’s get to the ring!

Match #1

Pete Doherty vs Gilles Poisson

The grizzled veteran seems to be on his game from the start. Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier mention the latest streak of success of Gilles Poisson lately. Poisson doesn’t waste too much time and ends up submitting Doherty quickly with a bearhug in about 2 minutes.

Winner: Gilles Poisson

******************COMMERCIAL BREAK****************

Match #2

Jacques Rougeau vs Charlie Cook

During the match, Guy & Édouard put over the brutal street fight the Rougeaus were in against Bob Orton & Dick Slater last week as well as the 6-men main event tag they had with WWF Champion Hulk Hogan vs Greg Valentine, Bob Orton & Dick Slater in Toronto 2 days later. Jacques is definitely still feeling the effect of those matches as he has more trouble dispatching of Charlie Cook that he normally would’ve. At one point, Charlie Cook goes outside the ring to grab an empty chair in the first row but Raymond Rougeau comes in and snatches the chair away from Cook. Raymond and Cook argue while Cook returns in the ring but he’s distracted long enough for Jacques Rougeau to roll him up with the O’Connor Roll and get the victory.

Winner: Jacques Rougeau

(Jacques and Raymond celebrate in the ring together while all of a sudden, Jim Cornette comes to the broadcast booth)

Édouard Carpentier: Wait a minute, Jim Cornette, what are you doing here?

Jim Cornette: What am I do--- are you kidding me, old man? Didn’t you see what just happened? Raymond Rougeau had no business getting involved in this match, getting in poor Charlie Cook’s face – which I normally wouldn’t give a damn about – but in this case, that was uncalled for. You see, this is what I hate about those stinkin’ Rougeaus. One can never win without the other. Never! When’s the last time Jacques Rougeau won anything, let alone without his big brother’s help! Uh? (talking to the Rougeaus) Oh yeah, big boy, I’m talking to you! You’ve never done anything on your own in your damn life, Rougeau!

(The Rougeaus get off the ring and go to the broadcast booth)

Jacques Rougeau: Excuse-nous, Édouard, mais on va régler ça tout de suite. (Translation : Sorry, Édouard, but we’ll settle this right now). Alright, Cornette, what is your problem with us, exactly? Are you craving attention, now?

Jim Cornette: Oh, I’m not craving anything, Rougeaus. I’m just merely stating facts. You’ve been doing this your entire life. When things aren’t going your way, you’re always relying on the other to settle your problem or give you the advantage. That’s cheap, and you both know it. Whereas for my Midnight Express, they’ve been doing things the right way. Have you seen Loverboy Dennis interfering in Ravishing Randy’s matches lately? No! Have you seen Ravishing Randy interfering in Loverboy Dennis’ matches? No! I can’t say the same thing about you two, right now.

Jacques Rougeau: Listen, Cornette, if you have any problem with us having each other’s backs, that’s not our concern. All that matters to us now is getting our hands on the International Tag Team Championship. Whatever you think isn’t important.

Jim Cornette: Oh, really? What would uncle Johnny think about you two? Especially after you miserably failed in your uncle’s Memorial Cup, uh?

(In a fit of rage, Raymond Rougeau punches Jim Cornette, who falls down on his ass, provoking much applause from the audience. Cornette sits in shock, his hand on his cheek)

Raymond Rougeau: The next time you even mention our uncle Johnny, I’m gonna take that tennis racket of yours and shove it down so far up your ass you won’t even walk straight! Do you understand me?

(Jacques is able to restrain Raymond and walk him to the back)

Jim Cornette: Did you see this? Did you see this? I’m gonna sue that stinkin’ family. They’re history! HISTORY!

(Cornette gets up and leaves the set, visibly upset by what just happened.)

********COMMERCIAL BREAK***********

Match #3

Richard “Le Magnifique” Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) vs Butch Miller (w/Luke Williams)

Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier puts over this match being the first official match involving the Sheepherders in Lutte Internationale. The crowd seems to be more behind Butch Miller than Richard Charland but given the presence of Frenchy Martin at ringside, it’s a bit normal. The end of the match comes when referee Luigi Macera gets knocked in the corner and Butch Miller hits a gutbuster but Mad Dog Lefebvre enters the ring and hits Miller with his wrestling boot. Lefebvre removes Miller and drapes Charland over Miller’s body to get the 3 count. But as Frenchy’s Legion celebrates, senior referee Adrien Desbois comes out and explains to Luigi Macera what happened. Immediately, Luigi Macera reverses the decision and awards the match to Butch Miller! Frenchy is irate as the Sheepherders get in the ring and clean house of Frenchy’s Legion.

Winner: Butch Miller by DQ

**********COMMERCIAL BREAK*************

Before the main event, Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier plug the weekend cards in St. Catharines, on Saturday night and Maple Leaf Gardens on Sunday. They particularly plug Greg Valentine vs Baron Von Raschke in St. Catharines and Dino Bravo defending the International TV title vs Mad Dog Lefebvre at Maple Leaf Gardens.

MAIN EVENT

Match #4

Carlos Colon vs Sika (w/Eddy “The Brain” Creatchman)

The broadcast team reminds the audience about The Brain’s ultimatum last week and how Rick Martel isn’t here to respond to it. Eddy Creatchman seems a bit bothered and doesn’t seem totally focused on the match. Nevertheless, Sika still shows his usual aggressiveness against Carlos Colon, rekindling the rivalry that pitted them for the International Tag Team Championship recently. After being dominated for most of the match, Carlos Colon mounts a comeback and is able to regain momentum. Sika seems to be thrown off and is seeking advice from Eddy Creatchman but Creatchman seems more occupied by talking to Guy Hauray & Édouard Carpentier at the booth about Martel not being here. Eventually, Sika turns over but walks into a small package and this allows Colon to get the victory. Then, Creatchman realized what happened and he gets into the ring, fuming. As Carlos Colon celebrates, this week’s program ends with Sika having words with his manager.

20111012-052508-g.jpg