Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-01-22-OVW-TV] Trailer Park Trash & Jebediah vs Bull Buchanan & Mr Black (No DQ)

soup23

Mr. Black is essentially doing a Mr. Hughes gimmick here and using the Reservoir Dogs moniker as a kicker. TPT being from anywhere he pleases because his residence is a mobile trailer is one of the better hometown calls in wrestling history. TPT grabs a chair immediately which I really like since its no DQ. Bull’s punches, power moves and overall timing look better here than in the previous match he was in. Jebediah takes off his boot and whacks Bull as Cornette does his Bearnos Pizza ad read. Really impressive spot where Bull leaps from the mat to the top rope and does a clothesline. Work on Jebediah was good and the hot tag to TPT really works with him coming in as a big house of fire. TPT has the rollup when Bolin is able to hit TPT with the briefcase allowing Bolin Services contingent to get the win. One can assume they are due for a title shot now. Match was really good for the time it lasted. **3/4

Thought this match kind of meandered, which made this match seem longer than it really was. Bull Buchanan had been in wrestling for a few years at this point and still wrestles like he's a rookie. I'm not sure why they ever saw him as a top prospect, as he's never really impressed me at all. Cornette's commentary is also a little overbearing because he won't stop screaming. I didn't get much out of this at all. I would have expected something a bit more wild from a No DQ match, but more than that, what we got was pretty bland.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They seemed to forget this was a hardcore match about halfway through. Buchanan's jumping up onto and off the ropes twas impressive. Buchanan is interesting in that he looks so much better than the other guys in the match, I can understand why WWE thought he had potential, but in WWE, I always thought he was tremendously bland. Below average match.

• 4 weeks later...

A non-title, no DQ match with Kenny Bolin in the corner for the challengers. Trash is announced as being from ‘everywhere because his house is mobile’, which I liked. Collar and elbow tie up and Bull easily overpowers Trash sending him flying backwards to the canvas. He rolls out the ring and rather than test his strength against him again, he picks up a chair from the outside, returns to the ring and levels Bull in the back and Mr Black in the head with it. Backbreaker by Bull, he then leaps to the top turnbuckle in one and comes off with a reverse splash but Trash is able to get out of the way. Jebediah with a shoulder block, then he takes off his cowboy boot and starts using that as a weapon on his opponents. All four of them are in the ring, the referee tries to get Trash out of there (why if it’s no DQ?) and Black wallops Jeb with a slapjack. Bull leaps to the top rope and comes off with a reverse clothesline for a two. Springboard axe handle from him, scissor kick to the back of the head and Trash is in to break up the pin. Jeb ducks out the way of a Bull big boot and he hits Mr Black instead, giving him the opportunity to make the hot tag to Trash. Flying forearm on Bull and he then unloads on Mr Black. Trash with the roll up, but the referee is more concerned with Jebediah and Black fighting on the arena floor to count. Bull kicks out and he sends Trash crashing head first into Kenny Bolin’s briefcase and he makes the cover for the win.

I liked this but there were some inconsistencies regarding the match being ‘no DQ’. Why is the referee trying to get Trailer Park Trash out of the ring (and on more than one occasion)? Why at the finish of the match is the referee concerned with Jebediah and Mr Black fighting on the floor instead of officiating the in-ring action? Cornette says that Bolin Services asked for the ‘no DQ’ match as a tune up for a big tag match on Tuesday night at St. Therese’s Gym so that they could hurt one of their opponents and they wouldn’t be 100%. Why did they do nothing then to try and hurt or injure them bar hitting one of them with a slapjack? Bull showed off his athleticism, although Corny’s use of the phrase ‘cat like agility’ is already starting to grate. Shame Jebediah was in more for his team as opposed to Trash.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-01-22-OVW-TV] Trailer Park Trash & Jebediah vs Bull Buchanan & Mr Black (No DQ)