Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-01-28-EWF] Adam Flash vs Danny Rose (No DQ)

soup23

The Rachies explode. I have never seen Adam Flash outside of CZW setting so we can see what he had about a year before I would have watched him way back in 2001. I had forgotten how thick Danny Rose was. Pretty fun match here. Something about EWF I enjoy to a degree. They have the generic commentary with a face/heel color structure but it is done with both of them being energetic and not entirely grating. The shots here looked good and the intensity was there even though the heat in the tag was much better. Bad Crew also tries to interfere and we get a contrived finish where multiple chair shots are dished out and Flash ends up on top of Rose winning the belt. **1/4

One thing I realized when the credits roll is that Mike Burns (owner of SMV) is the one that does the heel commentary.

I've seen these names a lot but have never actually seen a match from either of them. Solid stuff. Adam Flash has good offense and wrestles with conviction. Perfectly watchable wrestler. Danny Rose is a little harder to figure out because he is mostly just getting beat up, but he's fine at that. I wasn't a fan of the Bad Crew run-in when they were babyfaces and did a stretcher job earlier in the show and here they are running in to help the heel and suddenly they are dastardly heels. The run-in wasn't very well-executed either, and it kind of exposes just how much they were carried in that tag match. Still, EWF has made an impression on me and we admittedly watch this stuff in a fragmented way, so it's possible something happened in between that made it all make sense.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No DQ match for the EWF title currently held by Danny Rose. Flash opens the aggressor whipping Rose hard into the turnbuckles, and an Ace Crusher for an early two count. Dropkick from Flash, he tosses Rose to the outside and comes off the top with a high bodypress to the floor. Flash whips Rose into the stage and the two fight to the back but out of the vantage point of the camera. Back in view and Rose twice slams Flash’s head into the table at ringside before hurling him into the ringpost. Bodyslam, elbow driop and a lackadaisical cover by Rose for two. Nice series of knees to the mid-section off the ropes followed by a release suplex. Powerslam and Flash kicks out. Rose heads up the turnbuckles, but Flash is back to his feet and a frankensteiner off the top. As Flash goes up himself, he’s nailed in the back with a chair by Dirty Deeds. The commentators lament about the interference until they remember it’s no DQ and therefore anything goes. Flash blocks a suplex and a small package for two. Sunset flip for another near fall. Rose with an Irish whip, he then presses Flash in the air and drops him chest first down to the mat. He tries it a second time, but when he presses him, Flash nails him with a dropkick. DDT by Rose, when out walk the Bad Crew who he invites into the ring. One of the Crew swing a chair at Flash who ducks and he levels Rose instead. Flash takes out that member of the Bad Crew, only to get cracked over the head with another chair by his partner. As he falls though he collapses onto Rose, the referee counts the pin and we have a new EWF champion.

Flash and Rose are guys who used to be staples of CZW back in the early 2000s when I watched that. I wish more had been made of the ‘no DQ’ stipulation here, we got one fight on the outside and a couple of bits of interference; I was wanting more. I also felt this should’ve gone longer as it seemed rushed. Ironic as I watched this after the IPW Quack tag match which could’ve done with being shorter. Creative finish with the Bad Crew’s interference backfiring, and Flash works hard and tries a lot. Okay match, but not something I could imagine remembering (bar that finish) in a week or so’s time.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-01-28-EWF] Adam Flash vs Danny Rose (No DQ)