Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-02-04-NJPW] Shinjiro Otani & Tatsuhito Takaiwa vs Dr Wagner Jr & Kendo Kashin

soup23

We cut to one of the best superplexes I have ever seen with Takiawa taking a great bump bouncing off the mat. Ka Shin much like Suzuki before him may be a whipping boy for the decade to come but he looks actively good here and crisp. Takiawa makes his own comeback and has no problems dropping Wagner on his dome with a DVD, powerbomb and brainbuster. Ohtani comes in a house of fire and here responds Wagner. Everyone is just killing each other with bombs in this match. Ohtaini is able to get the win on Wagner with a big bomb. Nothing really significant from a storyline perspective but a big bomb fest that was fun to watch. ***

Second match between these teams in three days. You weren't kidding about that superplex. Whoa, that Takaiwa bump. Someone should GIF that. I know this is clipped, but I didn't get the sense this was anywhere in the same league as their 2/1 match, but it was still pretty good. Loved Wagner's showmanship and schtick in this one, and it's a really fun sprint at the very least. Good way to pass 10 minutes, but not much more than that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-02-04-NJPW] Shinjiro Otani & Tatsuhito Takaiwa vs Dr Wagner Jr & Kendo Kashin