Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-02-11-NJPW] Jushin Liger & Kendo Kashin vs Shinjiro Otani & Koji Kanemoto

soup23

Well what do you know, the last half of a hot looking NJPW juniors match. Kanemoto is able to get some revenge by beating up Liger and Otani is always good for dishing out the punishment. The clips we see here look really strong and we do get enough in the back half for me to rank. Finish was a bit perplexing as Kashin pins Otani. **3/4

Liger continues to brutalize Kanemoto. Give the guy a break. He finally seems to have enough and Liger just shrugs it off and powerbombs him. I really hate this booking. I loved Otani shoving the ref to do something about Liger being a bit excessive and being eager to come in and put a stop to it. Liger makes mincemeat of him too. I really hate this booking. Otani fares better when Kashin tags in, and at least Kanemoto gets to do a plancha to the floor on Liger to take him out for a moment, even if that and 100 pennies gives him a dollar. Liger KOs Otani. I really hate this booking. Kashin covers Otani and gets the fall. I really hate this booking. I'm ready for Liger to be Liger again.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-02-11-NJPW] Jushin Liger & Kendo Kashin vs Shinjiro Otani & Koji Kanemoto