Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-02-21-WWF-Raw] New Age Outlaws & D-Von & Bubba Ray Dudley vs Edge & Christian & Matt & Jeff Hardy

soup23

This was the first Raw I ever went to. I find it amazing how honestly between all of the shows I went to, the WWF tv tapings are the ones I remember the least. The NAO as heels do their spiel which is annoying but at least we get a bit of something interesting where Billy attacks Christian with a microphone. NAO really stuck out here with all of this talent how far behind they are. Hardy is bumping like a loon and takes out a cameraman which Kevin Dunn immediately puts up as a replay. A kind of weird finish with the Dudleys and NAO imploding. E&C and the Hardys also have some words over who got the pinfall. Hebner was not very good at conveying the finish. This was used as more of a vehicle to advance things. **1/4

I liked this match a lot for Billy Gunn bushwhacking Christian and them building heat throughout when the Dome crowd was pretty silent early on. Jeff Hardy gave a great performance here, and his bumping and selling as FIP really built the heat and got the match going in a big way. I liked the chaos of the finish, with Christian accidentally doing a springboard plancha on Matt and Bubba Ray not accidentally hitting Gunn with the chair, since the teams that are teaming in this match are facing each other at the Sunday PPV. Hebner fucks up the finish because he's a lousy referee who messes up a lot of stuff. It was a good match until then.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-02-21-WWF-Raw] New Age Outlaws & D-Von & Bubba Ray Dudley vs Edge & Christian & Matt & Jeff Hardy