Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-03-01-WCW-Thunder] Jeff Jarrett & Ron & Don Harris vs Sid & Billy Kidman & Booker T

soup23

This face side looks like a lethal lottery draw. Kidman looked good to me working his quick spots vs. the Harris twins and it not looking shockingly good. He also bumps like crazy for them when he was FIP. Short segment with everyone coming in and clearing house. Sid chokeslams Jarret and powerbombs him. Harris pulls the ref out and Kidman accidently missile dropkicks Booker allowing Jarrett to get the sneaky win. Only 4 minutes or so. The Fargo crowd has had enough and starts pelting shit in the ring. *1/4

Booker is a WOTDC? I feel like Jarrett is a better wrestler than him. I was talking to Charles about Double J and he seems like the best wrestler without a classic (I have never seen the Angle match and the Shawn match falls just shy for me). I know Charles is super high on Booker/Benoit, but to me that is just great. I cant really think of the classic Booker T match. He is just kinda there for me.

• 3 weeks later...

This ended up a pretty short match after intros and everything. I do like the teaming on the babyface side, just because it pretty much says those are the three top babyfaces that aren't Hogan, Goldberg and Sting, all of whom are too big league to do a four-minute six-man tag on Thunder anyway. The crowd has been really into Sid in 2000. Not much to this. The biggest surprise for me was that Kidman screwed up to cost his team the fall, rather than actually eating the fall himself.

• 1 month later...

What an odd trio Sid, Booker and Kidman are! Booker gets the better of the opening salvo with Jarrett who tags out at the earliest opportunity. Booker ducks a clothesline from one of the twins and comes back with a flying forearm before tagging in Kidman. Headscissors, dropkick, but the second one misses and the twin tags in his brother. Kidman tries to use his speed until a clothesline turns him inside out. Jarrett with a sleeper, Kidman shoots him off and he counters with one of his own. Jarrett fires him into the turnbuckle, he avoids an elbow, evades the brothers and is able to make the hot tag to Sid. Big boot to Jarrett and Booker with a pair of scissor kicks to the twins before clotheslining them both to the outside. Chokeslam, powerbomb, and as Sid covers Jarrett one of the twins pulls him out the ring breaking the count. Booker holds Jarrett as Kidman climbs to the top turnbuckle. One of the twins low blows Booker, Kidman with a missile dropkick, Jarrett moves, he hits Booker instead and Jeff makes the cover for the win. ‘H-Bomb’ on Kidman post-match, they throw Booker to the floor and then turn their attention to Sid. They whip him into the ropes, but he grabs them both by the throat for a double chokeslam, when Jarrett is back in and clocks him over the head with the guitar.

Too quick to amount to anything but the action was okay. Thought Booker looked good and Kidman fine (hindered by working heavily with the brothers). Apparently they’ve had their problems so the finish seemed to further the tension between them, whilst Sid/Jarrett shows no sign of finishing anytime soon.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-03-01-WCW-Thunder] Jeff Jarrett & Ron & Don Harris vs Sid & Billy Kidman & Booker T