Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-03-02-WWF-Smackdown] The Rock & Rikishi vs HHH & Big Show

soup23

I have enjoyed the Show vs. Rock feud more than I thought. This starts off with a good Shane promo and again things set up tonight while also having a long eye towards Mania. Rock has back up in Rikishi and they come down for the tag match. Shane has one more trick up his sleeve as he recruits HHH to tag with Show. Good, hot action follows and the finish was clever in that Show inadvertently whacks HHH with a chair allowing Rock to get a Rock Bottom and win the match. Steph and Shane bicker at each other afterwards. HHH clocks Shane and these two are going after it. **3/4

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was a really fun TV match. I don't know if Rikishi was working with a legit injury or what, but I like that it's a long term thing that's playing out over multiple matches. Show looked really good here, and HHH eating the fall from Rock felt like a much needed moment for Rock to diffuse some of the heat. Super hot hot tag, and Rikishi is a great seller and has his act down pat. ***

• 1 month later...

Pretty cool to see Rikishi still selling the leg injury in this one. This was a pretty fun tv match with The Rock getting a much needed win. Rikishi looked good in this one, he got his stuff in, but played the FIP for most of the match. The Rock gets the much expected huge reaction when he is finally tagged in and cleans house.

The crowd seemed really disappointed that Shane wasn't the one in the tag match.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-03-02-WWF-Smackdown] The Rock & Rikishi vs HHH & Big Show