Pro Wrestling Only

Observer Notes

Strummer

I would think that signing Sting and then (apparently) at least talking to other big names would give a signal that JJ's days on top may be numbered. I don't think Spike and Panda want to see the money they invested going towards more jobs for Double J.

Guest Some Guy

If Jericho signs with TNA, expect HHH to unload with major shoot comments on RAW.

I hope HHH does and in the process he'll be putting TNA and Jericho over just by mentioning him.

But at some point, he's surely got to realise that this is his last best chance to make any money. If TNA goes under, there's no way in a million years WWE would hire Jarrett, and short of maybe the odd novelty booking in Japan, he's done. ROH wouldn't have him, he'd never work for one of the garbage places so where's left?

Does Jarrett really need to make any more money though? If he's saved his money wisely he's probably earned enough money over the last decade to be comfortably well off, even if TNA does go out of business. He'll probably end up with the TNA tape library that he could sell to WWE for a nice six figure sum and if WWE doesn't bring him in as a wrestler so Vince can get off on humiliating him, he can always work for his fathers construction company.

Besides, if the network say "bump Jarrett down the card" there's fuck all he can do to change that, I'd say.

That's probably true, but I can't see that happening when Jarrett has more name value than 95% of his roster. Of course, the Carters could put their foots down and force Jarrett down the card, but there is no sign of them doing that yet.

Guest Famous Mortimer

I don't see the TNA tape library being worth four figures at the moment, especially not to WWE. And wouldn't the tape library go to the person who owns the company?

Interesting tidbits:

- Kurt Angle is said to be working through a back injury, in addition to his regular neck problems. Shawn Michaels, who seems to be working in pain, says he is not retiring any time soon.

- Rene Dupree has suffered a second hernia and his career is in jeopardy at the young age of 22.

- Chris Benoit's wife Nancy ("Woman") had neck fusion surgery in December from Dr. Lloyd Youngblood. (sek note: is Benoit practicing Germans at home?)

- Backstage, wrestlers have been talking a lot about shrinking physiques since plans for a drug testing and wellness policy were announced. Even "cut" wrestlers that still appear so on TV aren't as "thick."

- There is a split within WWE on the philosophy of WWE.com -- breaking stories before other IWC sites do vs. staying kayfabe.

- Shelton Benjamin's negative push late last year was due to him copping an attitude with a veteran agent. (sek note: Dean Visk was recently released from OVW when he was asked by WWE agents who his role models were in wrestling and he said Ultimate Warrior and Kerry Von Erich. Ted DiBiase pointed out that those probably aren't the best guys to pattern after and Visk publically blew him off)

- Ric Flair was recently seen making out with his younger girlfriend in a parking lot at New Year's Revolution. Woo!

- WWE is hiring seat-fillers for empty on-camera seats at the TV tapings and PPV events. They are told to be polite, brings signs, and not drink too much, among other guidelines.

- Vince told workers they could not work a planned Eddie Guerrero tribute show on December 16. Meanwhile, Johnny Ace let the Mexicools wrestle at a December 23 show in Guadalajara in front of 1000 vs. Chuck Palumbo and Crazyboy.

- WWE is considering doing a movie on Eddie Guerrero's life.

Guest TheShawshankRudotion

If only to bring a sign that says "I was paid to be here".

Wow, the story of Eddie Guerreros life on film. Just when you think they couldn't milk it enough.

The crucial scene in the movie will be Eddie on his knees looking up, tears in his eyes and a bible in his hand, saying "So many years of pain, of drugs, of darkness. But since I found you, you have taken me away from all of that. You saved me. I have found the light. Thank You. Thank you Vince McMahon." And then Vince says "Well, Eddie. The difference between before with WCW and now with the WWE is that we're familia here. And Eddie, we're not saving you... you're saving us." and then they hug and you see a single tear go down Vinces cheek and it falls to the ground and a flower sprouts.

And there are, of course, other scenes which involve Eddie being sexually attracted to Steph and having to deal with his feels on that matter, of Eddie being jealous of Shane McMahons athletic ability and willingness to do anything to help the company, as well as Linda McMahons level-headedness and business-sense.