Pro Wrestling Only

Observer Notes

Strummer

from DVDVR Board:

Shelton B. is expected to beat Flair for the IC title

Raven is having severe health problems as it relates to his past abuses of recreational and performance enhancing drugs. His thyroid is all messed up.

The reason TNA had their unopposed Monday night show canceled the week that the dog show is preempting RAW, is because TNA was told by Spike to sign another marquee talent (ala Sting) and failed to do so.

Jeff Jarrett contacted The Rock recently asking advice about product advice.

TNA and the UFC are sharing much the same audience on Spike. This was not the case when UFC and WWE were both on the network. Dave suggests that TNA is more appealing to a ?sports? fan than the WWE is then based on those stats.

Armageddon did roughly 290,000 buys ? highest SD! PPV since July 2003 (Vince vs Gowen and Brock vs Big Show vs Angle)

Mexico?s Roberto Rangel, a ref full time for 53 YEARS, went into shock on Dec 24th and his career is now over.

In the it can always be worse category: Former WWE ?star? Kenzo Suzuki is part of a Hustle storyline where his wife is GM so he is Main eventing all the shows. (Razor Ramon Hard Gay is one of his opponents)

WWE is avoiding Dome shows because it costs 2 million dollars before you can even open the doors on such an event.

Antonio Inoki continues his trend of weekly outrageous claims: This week he claimed the Bankrupt New Japan promotion was going to split into 2 brands. One would tour Japan and the other foreign countries.

The ?Hart House? in Calgary is expected to be preserved as a centerpiece for a new townhouse development.

An obscure Mexican wrestler died recently, which led to Dave telling a story about how this guy teamed with wrestling legend Danny Hodge and the 2 of them went over Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody in 1975. Brody and Hansen weren?t happy jobbing to small guys, so Hodge got to stretch Brody a little bit.

April Hunter?s ex boyfriend (who she still lived with due to $$$ restraints) recently beat the tar out of her and claimed he was going to cut her tits of since that?s all she had going for her.

Dave reveals that Kimmel wanted the ?It?s still real to me Damnit!? fan to be on his show, but once they located him and found out he was (gasp) normal and lost interest in him. Dave said he was approached by NBC in the 80?s to be featured in a show on Pro Wrestling as ?Wrestling?s biggest fan? after the producers saw how clean cut he was they went with a ?barely coherent, drooling Louisiana Jim Duggan fan? as the Biggest fan instead.

The legends PPV coming on March 3rd will be called World Wrestling legends and will be mostly 80?s stars.

Chris Jericho has his own 2 hour XM radio show, a UK Fozzy tour coming up and has a book deal for his bio. Plus he?s still doing auditions and taking acting classes.

Jim Cornette fell down his stairs at home and got a deep hip bruise. He said it was more painful than the Starcade Scaffold bump that messed up his knee permanently.

Chris Jericho cited interest in TNA if he could get ?Sting money? . It seems unlikely.

Jarrett visited Bret Hart recently and believes he can convince Bret to do some TNA shots.

Vince wanted Sting for 2002?s Wrestlemania but negotiations didn?t go fast enough and Sting felt he wouldn?t be in good enough shape to go. Vince called him when the TNA deal came close to fruition, but the WWE wanted him to work 12-15 days a month and Sting wouldn?t do that.

Dave Hebner has opened up a wrestling promotion with NASCAR?S Hermie Sadler. He will use mostly TNA talent as a TNA house show dry run. His 1st show had a Dusty finish for the main event which just makes for a wonderful precedent. Al Snow refereed at the event. WWE theme music was used and Spike Dudley used that name which WWE owns.

TNA will be doing another PPV of all cage matches this year.

The guy who financed Randy Savage?s rap CD made an offer to buy TNA

When Skanador Akbar did his recent MMA cornerman duty, he did so while in full turban and Sheik?s clothing (Think World Class 1987)

SummerSlam is now up to roughly 640,000 buys the 2nd biggest SSlam buyrate in history (98 Taker vs Austin = no. 1)

Antonio Inoki (yeah he?s still lying) claimed Lesner won his court case vs WWE and is now free to go anywhere to work

HHH was mad that WWE.com broke kayfabe about he and Steffi having a lil Demon brewing in her womb.

The 1st SNME will air March 18th and be on a 3 hour tape delay

Kurt Angle?s lower back and his neck are both very bad but now with the belt Angle?s going to go harder than ever.

Cole and Tazz both complained that Ken Kennedy was added to their announcing team (Cole more than Tazz)

Bob Orton caught hepatitis as a teen and forgot he had it (35+ years) Taker was so pissed off by the whole situation Johnny Ace had to fly to a house show and sooth things over with him. Bob Orton was sent home.

Jim Ross has been offered a new contract. No word on whether he wants to resign or not though.

Flair said in a recent interview he wants to run for North Carolina Governor

Dave confirms that Animal can?t wrestle in 0ne on one matches due to his Lloyd?s of London deal.

Al Snow claimed in a recent interview that Vince once called him about his European Champ gimmick while Vince was in the middle of screwing Linda.

Billy Graham will be working WWE TV in February to promote the DVD and book

Awesome WWE logic: OVW requested Mac Johnson be returned to them from Deep South since he?s over in OVW and not really being used in Deep South. Talent relations denied the request because OVW is seen by the writers and the writers will see Mac has ?no body? week after week and thus have no ideas for him and he will be fired. If he stays in Deep South no one will see him and his job is safe. So by being in a place where he?s not over, he has a better chance to keep his job!

The Wrestlemania tour bus which is to go city to city promoting the show was broken into recently and half the stuff was stolen.

here is the entire list of Buyrates for the year from Meltzer:

New Year?s Revolution 2005 - 367,000

2005 Royal Rumble - 570,000

No Way Out 2005 - 238,000

WrestleMania 21 - 985,000

Backlash 2005 - 310,000

Judgment Day 2005 - 260,000

ECW One Night Stand - 330,000

Vengeance 2005 - 427,000

Great American Bash ?05 - 238,000

SummerSlam ?05 - 640,000

Unforgiven 2005 - 225,000

No Mercy 2005 - 219,000

Taboo Tuesday 2005 - 215,000

19th Annual Survivor Series - 375,000

Armageddon 2005 - 290,000

In all seriousness, if TNA were told by Spike TV to bring in "another marquee name" why wouldn't they want Jericho? He's a big name with a helluva lot more upside to him than Sting. If Jericho wants "Sting money" they should jump all over it.

Guest Kilgore Trout

Looks like Shawn/Hogan was a huge draw for Summerslam. Not sure if Mark Henry/JBL would score the same buyrate...

Neither would Benoit/Angle. What's your point?

I think having a Hell In The Cell or Elimination Chamber match is worth at least 75,000 buys compared with a normal bog standard brand only PPV show. Of course, they've got to be careful not to burn out those cash cows.

Guest WidowsPeak

In all seriousness, if TNA were told by Spike TV to bring in "another marquee name" why wouldn't they want Jericho? He's a big name with a helluva lot more upside to him than Sting. If Jericho wants "Sting money" they should jump all over it.

Yep. You got that right.

Guest Famous Mortimer

Sounds a bit suspect to me. Jericho would have done it, it seems, but this might be the cheeky prankster working us internet fans again. Would they be likely to to be able to afford Stone Cold?

Give him 6 months and Joe will be a marquee name.

Would they be likely to to be able to afford Stone Cold?

I can't see Austin ever going to TNA, unless they offered him completely ridiculous money for someone who only has a few matches left in him, because I think he still has lingering heat with Jeff stemming from Jeff calling the Austin 3:16 gimmick blasphemous on Raw when Jeff returned to the promotion in 1997 amongst other things. It's a moot point anyway as Austin is under WWE contract to make 3 movies for their film division, so I doubt legally he's able to work for TNA and even if he was I doubt he'd want to risk losing his very lucrative film contract.

I hope so, but I think it's more likely he ends up the next Chris Benoit or Chris Jericho or Eddy Guerrero circa 1998. Pigeonholed behind the real "stars".

Guest Some Guy

Sounds a bit suspect to me. Jericho would have done it, it seems, but this might be the cheeky prankster working us internet fans again. Would they be likely to to be able to afford Stone Cold?

Give him 6 months and a feud with Jericho and he will be a major star. Jericho would be able to put him over better than anybody on that roster.

Guest Dangerous A

Yesterday on F4D, Honky Tonk Man said that he thought Jeff Jarrett would be ok with TNA going under, just so long as he could stay on top. Sometimes the things that I see coming out of TNA make me believe that his crazy statement might actually be true.

Guest Famous Mortimer

It's not that crazy an idea considering it isn't his money on the line if it goes out of business, it's Panda Energy's.

But at some point, he's surely got to realise that this is his last best chance to make any money. If TNA goes under, there's no way in a million years WWE would hire Jarrett, and short of maybe the odd novelty booking in Japan, he's done. ROH wouldn't have him, he'd never work for one of the garbage places so where's left?

Besides, if the network say "bump Jarrett down the card" there's fuck all he can do to change that, I'd say.

Guest Some Guy

I think Chris Jericho would have enough clout that if he wanted to feud with Joe, he would get a feud with Joe.

Agreed. Chris Jericho would be the biggest star in that company were he to sign. He probably wants to work with Christian, AJ, Joe, and a few others and he would certainly have the power upon arrival to make that happen.