Pro Wrestling Only

[1975-10-08-Joint Promotions] Clive Myers vs Steve Grey

Microstatistics

While this is a great, great match on its own, it is a brilliant lead-in to their MOTD the next month and enhances the story of that match. I thought the story here was that Grey has completely outmatched and pretty much gave a performance of defiance. Even when he had control, Myers never really looked in any sort of trouble. They build off all of that in the November match with Grey's growth and improvement and how Myers initially approaches the match based on the result here and how he is forced to change gears. This feud rules. ****

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1975-10-08-Joint Promotions] Clive Myers vs Steve Grey
  • 5 months later...

This is the matchup that got a lot of people into british wrestling, altough not their famous match. This was full of fast reversals and pretty athletic. Personally I prefer the more slower paced technical hold for hold work, but the match had good enough build and they kept the moves coming.

• 2 years later...

This was a great showcase of high-spots. Myers continues to impress me as a high-flying babyface and Grey looked good here too. I love Grey handstanding his way out of a headlock. The pace was quick here, with things really going up to 11 during the third round. ★★★¾