Pro Wrestling Only

Smackdown Spoilers

From the observer website.....

Smackdown

JBL came out and wanted a rematch with Cena.Eddie Guerrero,Booker T,Big Show,Rey Misterio & Kurt Angle all came out and wanted title matches.Angle had a great line saying he was arrested after Mania for armed robbery because he stole the show.Teddy Long came out and said

that JBL forgot to put a rematch clause in his contract and ordered a no.1 contender series with the first match tonight being Rey vs. JBL

Paul London retained cruiserweight title over Billy Kidman

London bled a good amount during the match.After the pin Chavo Guerrero,who was on commentary,and Kidman laid out London

Luther Reigns was in the back making fun of Show for losing to Akebono and Show challenged him to a match

Big Show pinned Reigns after a choke slam.

John Cena came out and talked about his title win.It was definitely a "beginning of a new era" type of speech and he celebrated in the crowd.During the celebration security knocked over a little kid who ended up getting a front row seat because of it.

Angle Invitational saw Angle make a Latin jobber tap out.His name was Jose something.Before the match Angle said he would be facing Guerrero next week in the next match of the no. 1 contender series

Carlito was interviewed backstage and said he interrupted piper's pit because it was boring watching a guy in a skirt and a bald guy in daisy dukes.He said next week he would start his own show called Carlito's Cabana

Rey & Eddie talked backstage and Guerrero said he didn't think Rey could beat JBL on his own and Rey said for Eddie to stay away

Next up was a bikini contest with Torrie Wilson,Dawn Marie & Miss Jackie.Joy Giovanni,Lauren Jones & Michelle McCool came out and wanted to take part.Torrie was declared the winner although I think Joy got a slightly better reaction.

JBL beat Rey via DQ

match was good and had great heat.Orlando Jordan interfered which led to Eddie coming down and he was attacked by JBL.Rey made a comeback and had JBL pinned when Eddie threw Rey off and started attacking JBL for the dq.Bashams ran in followed by Cena to clean house.

JBL vs. Rey

Kidman vs. London

Plus, just from the report, it looks like an entertaining show. I'll get the VCR running.

Doesn't look like a horrible show, and Angle/Eddy is next week. They really go all out to make London sympathetic, don't they? I think he's the type that will probably get more over getting his ass kicked than he will being dominant, as long as he wins in a convincing way when it matters.

Guest Some Guy

I'll watch it. I really think SD! will start to improve just by JBL's demotion. The fans regected his act out of the gate because he got the push too quickly after the heel turn and gimmick change. That said I don't know how long Cena will stay on top, given his inability to work a good match.

If they do the draft and put a heel turned Jericho against Cena they will do well.

Jericho should definitely be Cena's first program, OR they should switch him to SD and turn him heel and build to it as a big defense at Summerslam or something. Either way, put Cena over in the match. I think it might be best to do a Cena/JBL rematch first, just because that's what people expect. Angle would have made a great post-WM opponent for Cena based on how strong he looked coming out of WM, but he's already beaten Angle convincingly on the path to the title. They weren't thinking ahead.

Regardless of what they do with the draft (and they are still doing it), Jericho going to Smackdown and becoming the top heel is the one thing that pretty much *has* to happen.

Guest Some Guy

Jericho should definitely be Cena's first program, OR they should switch him to SD and turn him heel and build to it as a big defense at Summerslam or something. Either way, put Cena over in the match.

I agree.

I think it might be best to do a Cena/JBL rematch first, just because that's what people expect.

I think that this is and should be the Summerslam ME for SD! if they don't move JBL to Raw. IF they job JBL out two straight after pushing him with a bunch of smoke and mirrors wins, he'll lose any credibility he gained. I think he should be an upper mid-card heel who should be kept strong so that he can fill in the challenger slot on any PPV ME.

Angle would have made a great post-WM opponent for Cena based on how strong he looked coming out of WM, but he's already beaten Angle convincingly on the path to the title. They weren't thinking ahead.

They were thinking ahead. Cena needed big wins is above average matches leading into WM. Angle was the only heel availible to give him those. Angle/Cena is a SD! ME sometime down the road in a month that they don't have a PPV.

Regardless of what they do with the draft (and they are still doing it), Jericho going to Smackdown and becoming the top heel is the one thing that pretty much *has* to happen.

I agree, either that or keep him on Raw and move HHH over to SD!. I've waverd on my draft picks lately but I'm leaning towards a JBL and Angle for HHH and Flair and maybe Orton. This would flip the top heels and provide fresh matches.

I still don't think they know what they're doing with Eddy. They keep trying to turn him heel, but every time they've ever done so, it just makes him a bigger babyface. With Cena's appeal being somewhat marginal (although, admittedly, they are trying to correct that), if they turn Eddy heel and put him against Cena, the crowd will support Eddy. It's a big, unnecessary risk, and it could potentially damage everyone involved. Jericho/Guerrero, Jericho/Rey, Jericho/Cena, and even Jericho/Angle v Eddy/Rey feuds are all possibilities if he jumps, and all could be in high positions on the card. There's also Jericho/Taker, which does have some appeal since it's never been done, and they could rehash the feuds with Booker and RVD as well.

I'm surprised Rey jobbed in the first round of this tournament, considering he's coming off of a big WM win and they plan to push him hard this year, according to both Meltzer and Keller.

Guest Some Guy

With Eddy, it's their own fault that they can't turn him heel. They pushed him as a babyface who lies, cheats, and steals. How is he supposed to get heel heat when as a face he did heelish stuff? Austin had the same problem with turning heel in 2001.

Not on TV, but Meltzer and Keller have both confirmed that it will happen, as did Linda McMahon in an investors conference a while back. The date is unknown at this time, although most expect it to be in MSG later this month, where a RAW/Smackdown supershow has been promoted for months.

Eddy vs. Angle next week in the #1 contender's series?

Baaaaaaaaaddd booking right there. That match should have been saved for something else. Eddy's gotten punked out by Angle in all their big matches since Angle's return in early summer and Eddy just struck out at Mania against Rey.

Poor choices.

Guest KingPK

London and Kidman had a short match that was decent a few weeks ago, so hopefully this one's a bit longer. The show seemed to limp into WM, over the past month though and I still think it could be helped immensly by the draft. I'll probably watch that match and the main only, because I've already had to sit through complete shows for the past month now.

Luckily, I was able to tape both matches but my UPN affiliate has to have the worst reception of any TV channel I have ever seen. Unfortunately, I was running around too much to pay close attention but what little I did see made me optimistic.

Little fact: Tonight was the first time I have ever seen Luther Reigns in any capacity. I've heard of him but had no idea who he was. I am not impressed.

Yeah, Luther is just this big motherfucker who has a lot of charisma and is great on the mic, but can't work. Better booking would do a better job hiding that fact, as they'd keep him out of the ring as much as they could. If he can ever improve in the ring, the sky is the limit for him.

He was also Thunder-regular Horshu in WCW, one of the worst gimmicks of his time.

Guest The Metal Maniac

I like Reign's current gimmick of "I was in prison. I KNOW you're not gonna ass-rape me in the ring, so I ain't scared of you".

I mean, I don't think he says it quite like that, but that's the underlying idea.