Pro Wrestling Only

[2017-02-26-NJPW/ROH-Honor Rising: Night One] Young Bucks vs War Machine

bradhindsight

2/26/17 ROH/NJ War Machine vs Young Bucks 4*

I really liked the psychology here, and the storytelling. Loved War Machine just tossing the Bucks around. Bucks use double teams moves to make a comeback then tried a double tope' only to be caught by War Machine, and then lawn darts them together.I enjoyed the comedy spots in the match. War Machine take a control with power moves. Bucks use their speed for a bit and takes control. We get a solid heat segment from the Bucks. Then we morph into a your turn then my turn with both teams trying to keep the advantage, yet they can't. Finally War Machine is too much to handle. This was really well done. I loved the early shine, I liked the comedy, I liked the Bucks heat, the back and forth wasn't that engaging, and the finish shocked me.

I had a lot of fun with this one. A neat reversal of formula with the beasts being the faces and the slimy heels getting their comeuppance and not being able to utilize their flash. For anyone annoyed at how ass kickerish the Bucks can look at times, this is a good contrast as every time they went into superkick mode, War Machine nipped it right away. Add to that an awesome, definitive finish that gets War Machine over huge. ***1/2

• GSR changed the title to [2017-02-26-NJPW/ROH-Honor Rising: Night One] Young Bucks vs War Machine