Pro Wrestling Only

Meltzer on Figure Four Daily

Loss

I don't get how Henry holding a title devalues it. Even if he's just holding it for someone like Rey to win it from him, that alone makes it a worthy effort.

I say if Angle can't go, have Henry beat him and build up Rey winning it at Mania. Have Rey win the rumble and build the chase. Talk about your Wrestlemania Moments, having Rey win the title in memory of his friend (and if you want to go for maximum emotional effect, have Benoit, Malenko, and Chavo come out and have a tearful embrace and not leave a dry eye in the house).

Guest Dangerous A

Because it's Mark Henry, that's why. He just doesn't have the goods to make for a good champion. I get the story of little Rey overcoming a massively big and strong man to get the belt for Eddie (something I think they should go more subtle, but instead they'll go overboard) but Henry isn't that marquee guy that should headline WM.

Now, I'll acknowledge that he has made improvements and this is the best I've ever seen him look, but he's damaged goods in terms of being a ppv draw, much less a WM headliner. As teke said, Big Show was rehabbed, but it took a ton of effort and there isn't enough time between now and WM for him to look like anything but a lame duck champion.

Guest DylanWaco

JBL was a much more "WTF?" choice as champ than Henry would be if he won the title tomorrow. Henry has been pimped as the biggest, baddest guy on SD for weeks now. He's beat the top face on the roster (and in the company for that matter) two weeks in a row. Would I put the belt on him? Probably not. I'd just as soon put it on Orton or keep it on Angle till Mania. But it wouldn't be the worst choice ever, and the fact that he isn't a proven buyrate, doesn't mean shit because Mania is going to do a fuck ton of buys no matter what.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people are surprised about Flair popping ratings. He's always done that. If memory serves he was consistently one of the highest quarter hours on Nitro, just as he has been since his WWE stint started. It amazes me that people are stunned that he gets people to tune in every week when he always has.

Random addendum: I think I'm the only person alive who didn't really mind Vince holding the title. I didn't like the forfeiture, but the fluke title win and the way it was set up didn't bother me at all.

I guess it just surprises me that as old and broken down as he looks, as overexposed as he is, with all the bad publicity he's gotten and with booking portraying him in practically the worst way possible at least 90% of the time, that he is still somehow able to bring in ratings. It never fails to boggle the mind. Flair is 30 years my senior, and he will probably be wrestling after I'm dead.

I guess it just surprises me that as old and broken down as he looks, as overexposed as he is, with all the bad publicity he's gotten and with booking portraying him in practically the worst way possible at least 90% of the time, that he is still somehow able to bring in ratings. It never fails to boggle the mind. Flair is 30 years my senior, and he will probably be wrestling after I'm dead.

Flair's one tough guy. He shouldn't be wrestling though as he's an accident waiting to happen in there. The WWE shouldn't even be allowing him to wrestle. Ever since at least 2004 I feel like Flair's going to injure himself severely in ever match he has.