Pro Wrestling Only

...and now for some TNA news

sek69

As reported earlier, it is likely that TNA Impact will be moved to Thursday nights at 8PM ET soon. TNA, however, is fighting for the 8PM ET slot on Monday nights. It is very possible that as a concession for being on Thursdays, SpikeTV will give TNA 90 minutes, from 8PM ET to 9:30PM ET. SpikeTV wants to package TNA and UFC together on Thursday nights in a three to four hour block.

Credit: PWInsider.com

TNA Wrestling officials will be meeting with Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre promoter/owner Paco Alonso over the next few weeks and months in hopes of building a alliance/working agreement between the two promotions. TNA Wrestling would like to bring in some of the luchadores from Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre to spice up their X Division during the summer, which would hopefully help build to the World X Cup (a plan that also includes the appearances of many new Japanese and Canadian “X Division“ superstars). TNA Wrestling is also very interested in using Mistico and Ultimo Guerrero as the two focus points (aka Captains) for “Team Mexico” this August for the return of TNA Wrestling’s “World X Cup” Tournament.

Rumor has it that Black Tiger,Tiger Mask and Tanahashi will represent Team Japan. Harry Smith is rumor to be close to signing with TNA. With this X cup news,the possible return of Low Ki, Harry Smith and Kevin Steen to TNA,they will have the BEST roster in the world. The roster will be like the WCW roster from 1997.

Mistico, Tiger Mask, and Low Ki on TNA in a decent timeslot = OWNAGE

I would think the Hart family's probably not too keen on working with WWE, especially since Vince is going to embarrassing lengths to try to bait Bret to come back for an angle.

Plus I think that the more TNA grows, the less likely an up and coming indy guy is going to want to sign with WWE and suffer through the development process where you get stripped of anything that makes you stand out only to get shitcanned for not bowing low enough when the agents come visit.

You know, if TNA does sign all these guys or get everyone to work with them, the article is right. They will without a doubt have the best available roster today. Add in a one and a half hour show, and you might actually have a good alternate to WWE.

Of course, we still need something done about JJ, but hey, at least TNA's improving.

Guest Dangerous A

Anything involving Mistico and Ultimo Guerrero is nothing but good news.

The rest is just whipped cream on top of a huge wrestling sunday.

I really, really want to see this potential X Cup.

You know, I really wouldn't care as long as they had talent like this on the card.

Besides, TNA is starting to notice that the Orlando crowds are completely shitting on JJ at every turn. So either he's going to drop the belt soon, or they'll move the tapings :lol:

Guest bravesfan

I would think the Hart family's probably not too keen on working with WWE, especially since Vince is going to embarrassing lengths to try to bait Bret to come back for an angle.

Plus I think that the more TNA grows, the less likely an up and coming indy guy is going to want to sign with WWE and suffer through the development process where you get stripped of anything that makes you stand out only to get shitcanned for not bowing low enough when the agents come visit.

The difference with Smith is, the WWE's bevvy of Canadians, along with the Harts still in the wrestling business, had been trying to motivate Harry to get into the business after his dad passed on. Harry Boy is one of the few non-contracted talents - probably the only one, actually - that Vince himself has been keeping track of. According to Dave and Bryan's sources, they're just keeping a roster spot open for him when he wants to jump aboard.

If he signs with TNA, Vince will flip.

Guest Famous Mortimer

The "boring" chant whenever he opens his mouth gets louder and louder, it seems. He's like a square peg in a round hole as far as where TNA should be heading is concerned. He's never drawn flies, so I don't see why he should still be on top. I sincerely hope Christian goes over at the next PPV.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high about Ultimo Guerrero and Mistico working for TNA, as they've been trying to get them for dates for ages, but Paco Alonso has nixed it every time, because Konnan works for TNA. I assume that will still be a stumbling block.

Guest Dangerous A

If that's the stumbling block, then they need to fire Konnan.

Homicide is good enough to ride on his own or with Ki if he returns. They shouldn't let a potential great program get ruined just because TNA wants to keep around a has been who can't go any longer.

Guest savagerulz

I hoped they'd get a Monday spot but Thursday is acceptable. Monday would have been FAR more interesting, and given TNA a chance to steal some established WRESTLING fans. Then again, I am sure the theory on Thursday is, "There used to be a wrestling show on Thursday, so fans are conditioned to watch wrestling then." Also, many places still have Smackdown on Thursday, right?

TNA has reached the point where they are a solid wrestling show. Monday night is, of course, more intriguing. Not just because it can be Monday Night War 2.0, but because it would force the WWE to DEAL with TNA, and TNA to really push to compete.

Smackdown is still on Thursdays in Canada.

The only thing that sucks about it is that it puts them up against CSI, which is where most networks put shows to die. I don't know any stats about the wrestling-to-CSI audience crossover but I know that I watch both, and something's going to end up getting Tivo'ed.

Guest savagerulz

Yeah, Thursdays are the busiest night for TV...more people watch that night than any other.

TNA is an hour...and should really think long and hard before going to two hours. Right now, their show is a mix of squash matches, storyline advancement, and maybe one competitive match.

If they were to go to two hours...they should add classic TNA matches (that way you aren't giving away money matches while still having a high quality product). This is one of those overlooked things. For all the things Watts did wrong in his WCW tenure, showing classic matches was a GOOD thing, and led to increased viewers and interest in certain stars without costing them a dime.

TNA has a lot of great footage and matches from the last 4-5 years that virtually nobody has seen. You might as well cart some of it out. You may be able to sell a few DVDs and build a few stars by doing this, also. Plus, because you can cherry pick what you want to show, you can showcase guys before giving them a major push if you want, or make other guys look like jackasses. You can also make sure that the in-ring stuff you are showing is of far better quality than the WWE in ring, and further establish your rep in that way while still having "live" squash matches taking place on the show.

Guest Jack D. Ripper

I think an hour on primetime without competing with WWe, is a step TNA needs to take first.

Making the show longer also needs to wait. They still don't use their hour as well as they could.

I think an hour on primetime without competing with WWe, is a step TNA needs to take first.

Making the show longer also needs to wait. They still don't use their hour as well as they could.

I agree, they need to be able to walk before they can run. You don't go raising the wrath of Vince McMahon by going head to head before you know you can compete.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Mama still thinks an easier night (like tuesdays OR earlier saturdays) would be benneficial to them. Theres already something for everybody on Thursdays, and people often watch two shows at once. This doesnt bode well for TNA.

Well Smackdown got the best ratings on UPN on Thursdays, so TNA has a chance to catch some eyes, certainly more than they had at Saturdays at 11.

I just wish they would have got 90 minutes. 2 hours is too much, but an hour's not enough to get everyone the TV time they deserve.