Pro Wrestling Only

Stacey and Elliott's Bogus Journey #4: Ken the Box

http://placetobenation.com/stacey-and-elliotts-bogus-journey-4-ken-the-box/

Stacey and Elliott's Bogus Journey #4: Ken the Box

Those three little words are all you need to know about this, a super happy special fun time like no other as we not only tackle one of the great NXT Takeover matches, we also take a look at the "man", the myth, the legend that is quite simply, the greatest wrestler of all time: Ken the Box.

Today's matches:

- Survival Tobita vs Ken the Box - Saitama Pro 8/23/99

- Survival Tobita vs Ken the Box - The Rematch

- The Revival vs American Alpha - NXT Takeover Dallas 4/1/16

The Revival vs American Alpha - Dailymotion link

Stacey's southern accent is A+. I had a crummy day at work and hearing you two unpack the deep of psychology of Ken the Box was a nice pick me up.

Well yours is my favourite Southern accent so this is a huge wrap.

This was the most fun one yet. Feedback is appreciated because we were kind of wondering if we should cut out the middleman and just do wacky and funny matches.

I'm towards the very end of the Ken stuff so some things might be covered later (and I am looking forward to hearing what Elliott thinks about the Revival tag). I did press him to talk a bit about the Tobita/Ken match in internet wrestling history context. Actually, it's sort of funny that they just drop you in with very little context except for "This is in a gym in japan!" It half makes me wonder if Stacey realized that things like this:

happened too (but she's a strong youtube searcher, so I imagine she does). It's hard to understate As it came to internet irony enjoyment of wrestling, the DVDVR guys were 15 years ahead of their time by clinging on to Tobita and Ken as their mascots in 2000. Let me put it this way. By that time, I had seen far more Tobita than I had seen Misawa.

I thought you guys did a great job of switching gears and not looking back to. Also, you almost got me to watch some Steiners vs Midnights matches last night (but instead I ended up watching this episode of Maple Leaf Wrestling with Adrian Adonis commentating with Gorilla. Pedro Morales did a Billy Robinson backbreaker to win a tag match with Tito so that was cool).