Pro Wrestling Only

No Way Out Discussion

Mad Dog

Guest DylanWaco

I'll watch via theft, and will probably leave work early to do so (though I'll likely end up watching the replay version, rather than the original). Top to bottom it's too good a card to miss

Guest Big Papi

Again, I'm probably being naive, but is there a chance that Matt's partner will be Jeff Hardy? I know all the talk on the net is that it's going to be Animal.

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

Again, I'm probably being naive, but is there a chance that Matt's partner will be Jeff Hardy? I know all the talk on the net is that it's going to be Animal.

Actually it's supposed to be Tatanka.

And didn't Jeff re-sign with TNA recently? I thought so anyway.

I won't be watching live because I'd much rather watch the NBA All-Star festitivities. That being said, this PPV won't be worth the thirty-five dollars either as most pay-per-view events these days rarely are.

I do plan on watching the event sometime before Raw hits tomorrow. I want to know what's going on when all the uproar starts.

Guest bravesfan

Pre-show note by Alvarez...

Also, as of right now, the plan for the main event at WrestleMania has been changed to Kurt Angle vs. Rey Misterio vs. Randy Orton in a three-way.

I think that may just save Wrestlemania. Someone in the office must've seen Rey/Sylvan from this past Smackdown, because after that performance, Rey deserves that title.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Thats whaat they should do. Ive been saying this for weeks. I know most dont want orton anywhere near the main event but the WWE is hellbent on it. This is the best way to appeasse everybody. Itsounds like a very imteresting match. Plus, weve already seen Angle/Rey and Rey/Orton. This could be a very interesting dynamic.

Id also be voting for HHH/Cena/Edge if I wasnt still a Foley mark.

I just don't want to see another Orton title run jammed down our throats. On one hand I have to hand it to WWE for not giving up on the guy, but on the other hand I just want to say enough already. If WWE put half the effort into the rest of the roster that they did trying to get Orton over, they'd be in much better shape.

Guest savagerulz

So I was listening to the Law radio show, and practically every caller liked-to-loved this PPV, and apparently Angle and Taker tore ass in the main event. Anyone care to add to this?

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

Kurt Angle vs. Taker was easily match of the year so far, and I saw the Samoa/AJ/Daniels match. The early parts of the match built up perfectly to the finish. The reversals actually had me anxious and I almost never feel like that for WWE matches anymore. I have no problem with the Undertaker kicking out of the Angleslam or pushing out of the Anklelock. The Undertaker has been built up as an unstoppable monster his entire career. Moves that finish the average or even above average competitor shouldn't be enough to finish him. Good booking, imo. My favorite spot was when Angle pulled down his straps (after hitting a slam) getting ready to do the Ankle lock submission and the Undertaker did his sit-up. Crowd loved it as well. Added to the drama of the finish. The ending pinfall was somewhat controversial (Undertaker thought he won via submission, and Tazz and Cole thought he won as well) but Ankle had his shoulders pinned. Basically, Undertaker had him in some armlock like submission, while Angle shifted his body to pinn Taker's shoulders to the mat. The crowd seemed to be disspointed that Taker didn't win. A little confusing. So that leaves it open for another rematch on Smackdown or something. I'm not into ratings like that, but it's definitely ****+ from my estimation. Definitely worth trying to track down if at all possible.

I think four stars is a bit much. Folks are just excited that Taker had his work boots on for the first time in a long while, and they actually booked a main event where both guys come out looking good.

I'm betting all the match of the year talk will die down once the afterglow wears off and people see that once again Angle was rushing from finisher to finisher practically killing off the Angle Slam and the Ankle Lock.

Guest DylanWaco

It was a great main event. Angle stopping the ten count and cursing out Nick Patrick because he wanted to beat Taker in the ring was excellent. Taker bumped like a nut last night. All the big moves and transitions were well setup and the finish was excellent. GREAT match.

Guest DylanWaco

Rey/Orton was a very good match with a shit ending. The flash pin really killed it for me as everything they had built to was heading in the exact opposite direction

It was a good match, definately the best WWE main event in a while, but I'm telling you, once you get done creaming your jeans over Taker working like he was in WCW again you'll start to notice Angle doing all the stuff people bash him for doing.

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

I think four stars is a bit much. Folks are just excited that Taker had his work boots on for the first time in a long while, and they actually booked a main event where both guys come out looking good.

I'm betting all the match of the year talk will die down once the afterglow wears off and people see that once again Angle was rushing from finisher to finisher practically killing off the Angle Slam and the Ankle Lock.

None of that bothers me, so I doubt it.

Guest DylanWaco

It was a good match, definately the best WWE main event in a while, but I'm telling you, once you get done creaming your jeans over Taker working like he was in WCW again you'll start to notice Angle doing all the stuff people bash him for doing.

I've watched it twice already and I liked it better the second time around.

Angle's failure to sell the arm is annoying, but other than that I think everything he did was quite good. His insistence on the anklelock was stubborness at it's best, just as was his insistence that he win the match in the ring. Angle was portrayed perfectly in this match, and his facial expressions and mannerisms were awesome, though Taker topped him there. The timing on some of that stuff was truly amazing.

Honestly this match was really, really good.