Pro Wrestling Only

Marty Janetty = GONE?

sek69

From WWE.com:

WWE breaks ties with Jannetty  March 3, 2006   

World Wrestling Entertainment has broken all professional ties with Marty Jannetty.

Working the angle, or did Marty fuck up again? Either way it's the most strangely worded release note ever.

Guest savagerulz

Until I hear a story that warranted such a unique dismissal announcement I'm going on the assumption it's part of the angle.

Because... yeah, that's pretty different.

And more on Marty Jannetty       

[email protected]   

Marty Jannetty was scheduled to appear again on Raw on Monday in Birmingham, AL, to continue as part of an angle. He was legitimately dropped from the show and the rest of the angle as of this morning due to screwing up at the wrong time. He is not expected back.

Guest MJHimJfadeaway23

From WWE.com:

WWE breaks ties with Jannetty? March 3, 2006? ?

World Wrestling Entertainment has broken all professional ties with Marty Jannetty.

Working the angle, or did Marty fuck up again? Either way it's the most strangely worded release note ever.

They didn't even wish him well. It must've been something real bad.

"A quick update on the Marty Jannetty front. It is not a work. And they were really mad about him screwing up this opportunity, and it was off the field behavior, not anything that took place on Monday, that caused this."

Meltzer in today's update

Honestly, much like Tatanka and Animal, he really didn't have a reason to be around. What's he going to bring to the product? He doesn't have a future in the WWE anymore. He could've been more "enhancement talent" but WWE has already got an abundance of that.

source: MySpace.com

-- Below is Marty Jannetty's explanation of why he will not be on RAW this coming Monday:

OK, for my fans, family and friends, here is the situation....Due to travel restrictions I have as part of a probation agreement, I was denied travel this week to Birmingham, Alabama for Monday Night Raw. As you could or should imagine, this is a disaster for WWE as they now have to go back and rewrite a major portion of their show in which I was to be included in, and with less than 3 days notice. The fact that this could happen again at any given time my PO decides against me traveling, is good reason for WWE to be concerned in another major disaster especially with WrestleMania coming up. Could you imagine that 2 days before that show I'm told I can NOT go to Chicago. Please understand WWE's position, and believe in them as they have not closed the window of opportunity yet. We are working hard right now on getting all travel restrictions lifted. It is a good possibility that it will happen. If you really care and are concerned, believe me when I say, prayer works and is greatly needed and appreciated right now. I'm getting tons of e-mails from friends and fans hating Vince and the WWE right now. They are not at fault!!! And, they are supporting me on this, so no more hating on them, ok?? I thank all of you for your support, cares and concerns. I love you all!!! I do have a strong gut feeling everything is going to be fine!!!!

Guest jaymz

It sucks than Jannetty got screwed like that by his P.O. I mean unlike Animal and Tatanka I think Jannetty can still somewhat work a decent match, his match with Angle (granted Angle can carry most anyone) was pretty well done and I think it would have been a great twist by having Jannetty come back and swerving HBK during the Kiss My Ass segment.

That doesn't make sense, why would a probation officer keep someone from plying their trade? Couldn't he give him the number of a PO in Birmingham and say "call this guy when you get there or you go jail"?