Pro Wrestling Only

Podcast Tips?

kingliam

That is really useful. Thanks.

I was also looking at creative process tips I guess - like, what do people do to do their podcast? Tape all at once? Segment by segment? Notes? Scripts? Etc etc. Just what do people do when they do a podcast.

I was also looking at creative process tips I guess - like, what do people do to do their podcast? Tape all at once? Segment by segment? Notes? Scripts? Etc etc. Just what do people do when they do a podcast.

Windows or Mac?

I'll throw this out there.

I do two podcasts. A wrestling one and a hockey podcast. The wrestling podcast, we get together every 2 weeks or so and I try to get two episodes out of it. The group of hosts I have are too busy for a weekly show so we try and get as much content in the can as we can in a single go. This show is much looser than the sports one. Most of us always have notes but we aren't afraid to go where the conversation takes us either.

The hockey podcast I do with my wife. That one can be interesting as an episode can be segments we do over the course of a couple of days depending or at all at once. That one just depends. If it's something like training camp and preseason one of those episodes will typically be our almost live thoughts on things spliced together in a single show. But we also have more time then, during the regular season we usually have to hit things on an off day or if it's noteworthy like a trade of firing we try to turn around and push our reactions out all at once. Now, outside of this, there's a lot of work that goes into this show. We get guests for this show, like sports writers and things like that. There are some episodes that have a couple of hours of research put into them before we ever hit the record button or get to editing. This one is tricky because we've had some moderate success and we've actually gotten recognition from the team and the writing community for the show. So there is a certain level of pressure to not embarrass ourselves when talking.

Windows or Mac?

Windows.

Also, cheers Mad Dog. That's helpful.

I will admit that I am a bit of an outlier since I do a podcast by myself.

As for the how: I tape in segments and will clean them up with production as needed as I go along. No scripts, but I make notes about items I want to say, jokes I might want to make, etc. I like to have an idea of what I'll be doing but also leave some room to riff as needed.

Practice, practice, practice....helps for you to find your voice. Before I started Greetings From Allentown, I did 2-3 practice pods. That is also useful in terms of learning how to edit, etc in whatever program you use, like Audacity.

I will admit that I am a bit of an outlier since I do a podcast by myself.

As for the how: I tape in segments and will clean them up with production as needed as I go along. No scripts, but I make notes about items I want to say, jokes I might want to make, etc. I like to have an idea of what I'll be doing but also leave some room to riff as needed.

Practice, practice, practice....helps for you to find your voice. Before I started Greetings From Allentown, I did 2-3 practice pods. That is also useful in terms of learning how to edit, etc in whatever program you use, like Audacity.

Thanks for the advice. Yours is one of the main ones I listen to and had made me want to try once more (I tried to do one a few years back).