Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-08-03-IWRG] Blue Panther & Mosco De La Merced & Pimpinela Escarlata vs Safari & Tony Rivera & Black Dragon

soup23

A really strong IWRG mid cardish type match. The face team was one I wasn’t expecting a whole lot from but they delivered a good performance. However, Blue Panther continues to be a shining star as he sequences in particular with Safari were the highlight of the match. I also enjoyed seeing Pimpenela in a rudo role and trying to use her advances and sexuality to gain an advantage. The rudos end up justifiably taking this one given their star power. All of the falls had time to develop and the IWRG building and atmosphere lend itself to strong matches overall. ***1/2 (7.1)

• 2 months later...

Yeah this got some time to space out and build into something though I didn't love it that much. The Blue Panther exchanges early on with Black Dragon were really fantastic and then Dragon got sloppy as the match progressed. Escarlata's antics were a highlight as she and Rivera carried some of this with some lightheartedness. Safari looked pretty fiery.

**3/4

• 2 months later...

Very pleased to see Blue Panther back on my television. Very pleased to see Pimpi back on my television. Solid midcard fare with a strong ring general leading the way and some risque comedy from Pimpi to top things off. The tecnicos were better than expected but needed to hit their spots more cleanly for this to have an extra snap to it. Not bad, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-08-03-IWRG] Blue Panther & Mosco De La Merced & Pimpinela Escarlata vs Safari & Tony Rivera & Black Dragon