Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-08-11-CMLL] Villano III & Villano IV & Villano V vs Dr Wagner Jr & Blue Panther & Black Warrior

soup23

What a sick tease as this match looks just excellent on paper. Villano III gets in there with both Wagner and Panther and I want him to wrestle in 30 minute single matches in perpetuity with both of them. Black Warrior is maybe the least person in the whole six man but makes sure to die for our pleasure on a wild tope in the third fall. All in all, this only goes 12 minutes as an entire clip but was entertainment. Wagner gives one of the best fouls of the year to secure the win and then Villano IIIcomes right back and fakes a foul in the 3rd fall while delivering one of his own to pick up the overall win. That has been the result of the finish for the last three lucha matches I have seen and this was easily the most successful capped off by Villano III's glorious laugh when Wagner gets DQ'd. *** (6)

• 3 months later...

Wagner just relishes his vicious low blow on Villano III to steal the win and milks it for so much in a glorious theft of the second fall. Black Warrior comes like a projectile missile and almost flies into the crowd on his tope, just totally insane. Villano III delivers a receipt low blow on Wagner with extreme vigor and falls to the mat, convincing the referee that he is the one who took the foul for the win. Villano is openly gleeful about this, excellent stuff. This did indeed look like an awesome matchup but what is here is good stuff.

**3/4

• 1 month later...

So promising on paper, so disappointing in execution. This was butchered in the edit and worked in a weak style for the Arena Mexico crowd. I can only imagine a long-form version of this in a smaller arena that produces a MOTYC. Panther vs. Villano III was tantalizingly good as was Villano vs. Wagner. But let me tell you, I love me some Doc Wagner Jr. but you're more likely to see a clean finish in a Hogan match. Really disappointing.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [2000-08-11-CMLL] Villano III & Villano IV & Villano V vs Dr Wagner Jr & Blue Panther & Black Warrior