Pro Wrestling Only

Saturday Night's Main Event

Coffey

So, are you watching?  

1. 1.

• Yup.
    • Nope.

Posted Image

Not a lot to say really. Tonight is the return of SNME and I'm curious who all is going to watch it. Triple H & Cena Vs. Mysterio, Orton & Angle in the main event. Trish & Mickie Vs. Candice & Victoria. JBL Vs. Austin in a beer drinking contest. Boogeyman Vs. Booker. HBK Vs. Shane in a street fight.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been such a great show. The best WWE show I've seen in years. YEARS. I really hope some of you guys watched it. There's some things I could nit-pick, like Cena/Triple H getting physical before 'Mania, etc. but really, this show single-handedly probably sold a lot of people on 'Mania. Really good show.

Main event time. Street Fight.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

The show's been ass. Coffey is misleading you, Slasher. I don't buy PPV's, but even if I did, there's been nothing on the show that would've sold me on buying WM.

Guest Primo Matarazzo

I didn't watch anything but the last five minutes of the main event.

Vince McMahon "screws" HBK by ringing the bell when Shane has Michaels in the sharpshooter.

Jesus Christ.

Here's some quotes from some members of the Sports Argument Stadium section of the Something Awful message forums:

"That was the best 2 hours of WWE programming in quite some time..."

"Wow, this was seriously the best WWE show in at least a year."

"This was fantastic."

"I've been marking out like a bitch this whole show."

"Wow, just about great all around."

Here's some quotes from some members of The Smart Marks message forums:

"Holy shit, that was impressive for regular TV."

"Great show so far"

...obviously, I'm not alone in my praise of this show. You can find just as many negative quotes but it certainly wasn't a bad show. It was good at what it meant to do: entertain and sell Wrestlemania. It was entertaining. We got thumbtacks, flaming tables, superplexes off of ladders from the ring to the outside floor through two tables, Mickie finally turning heel, all kinds of shit. We didn't get 5-star matches but we got great TV.

CRZ:

I wasn't disappointed. Great "big show" feel from the opening interviews (a nice nod to the "old school" SNME openings), good looking set, no real dead spots for the whole two hours and although I don't know if they'll get a lot of additional buys for WrestleMania out of it, I'm just as sure they won't get anyone to change their mind and NOT buy WrestleMania from it.

No problems with not having the Booker/Boogeyman match since it was pretty much a given they were going to have it for Mania anyway. Entertaining enough way of writing it out tonight, mostly because Booker and Sharmell once again carried the entire angle on their over the top (in a good way) performances.

Austin was awesome - JBL was awesome - surprisingly, that still managed to add up to pretty awesome

The street fight's ending may have been a little obvious in retrospect, but I can't quite figure what else they could have done (without Marty Jannetty's involvement).

I hope "Heist" gets 10 million extra viewers so NBC is tricked into running more of these in the future. (That *has* to be the reason they plugged that incessantly, right?)

If I'd actually taken notes, I'd probably have something to say about EVERY match, but it was a good show for sitting back, having some corned beef & cabbage and (not green) beer and enjoying the WWE.

But that's just my two bit opinion.

Yours?

Guest Bruiser Chong

Most of those user names makes the whole thing seem sort of hilarious.

*Movie Trailer Voiceover Guy*

"Air Julio marked out like a bitch the whole show and davesecx raves 'That was the best 2 hours of WWE programming in quite some time...'"

I hated the show. There were only 1 or 2 good things about it. The rest sucked and was the worst WWE show I've seen in a long time. I don't even care to comment about it because it's just not worth that amount of time.

Ha! I'm using this elsewhere. :lol: Of course to mock you.

I'm with both CRZ and Coffey. Very good show with the purpose of getting the mainstream audience in tune of what's going on in the company. Sort of had that ECW One Night Stand feel to it; no great matches or anything, but solid, top-to-bottom show.

Beer drinking segment was surprisingly good. Only disappointment was no Benoit participating in the celebration at the end. But, this is the most I've enjoyed Austin in at least 3 years. JBL was fantastic!

Guest Bruiser Chong

A bad username doesn't make someone's opinion less valid. Their points still stand.

I didn't say that. Just illustrating how lame some people can sound because of their 'net handle.

And so what if some people on the 'net liked a show? How's that make those who disagree wrong?

I'm with both CRZ and Coffey. Very good show with the purpose of getting the mainstream audience in tune of what's going on in the company. Sort of had that ECW One Night Stand feel to it; no great matches or anything, but solid, top-to-bottom show.

Beer drinking segment was surprisingly good. Only disappointment was no Benoit participating in the celebration at the end. But, this is the most I've enjoyed Austin in at least 3 years. JBL was fantastic!

I was glad Benoit didn't join in at the end. He's my hero and I don't like to see my hero drink. That was one of the good things about the show.

Also keep in mind that they have that 12hr restriction of alcohol rule before matches now.

I was glad Benoit didn't join in at the end. He's my hero and I don't like to see my hero drink. That was one of the good things about the show.

Also keep in mind that they have that 12hr restriction of alcohol rule before matches now.

I didn't mean drinking necessarily, but to maybe just get a crowd pop and that's that. Like I said, they're on NBC, let the mainstream audience know who Benoit is and all that, that he's facing JBL at WrestleMania, etc. They're obviously using this show to build to Mania, it makes sense if they give Benoit a bit more time than to be Austin's difference maker.