Pro Wrestling Only

Orton Suspended

Guest savagerulz

Guest teke184

And why someone like Randy Orton, who can get pretty much any woman he wants, would have such a problem with women in general is beyond me.

You don't respect what comes easy, no pun intended.

How many different times have we heard about Orton being an asshole to the divas? He's a legitimate danger to the company. Sometimes wrestlers act like they live in a different world, above the laws that govern the rest of humanity. But the WWE can still be slapped with a massive sexual harassment lawsuit just like any other corporation.

Guest bravesfan

But the WWE can still be slapped with a massive sexual harassment lawsuit just like any other corporation.

It's happened before.

This has not slowed them.

Man, that is something I'm tired of, hearing Orton's behavior excused just because he was doing it towards "no-talent bimbos". So what? They're still human beings, and deserve to be treated as such. It's not their fault for accepting a high-profile job with a comfy paycheck regardless of their skills; it's the company's fault for being dumb enough to hire them in the first place. If Orton wants to call women "cunts" to their faces, he should start with Linda McMahon, who is more at fault for the clueless chick parade than any of the chicks themselves.

Anyone who called Stephanie McMahon a cunt would be fired on the spot, and possibly assraped by JBL on the way out the door.

So yeah, there is a double standard. And some people blame the "bimbos" themselves for not having talent, when the issue more often than not is that they're not given enough time to train properly and end up injuring themselves and others pretty easily. Ashley was put in the ring with absolute minimal training, and her injury is a result of not physically knowing how to do everything yet. That's an irresponsibility on the part of the company, not on Ashley's part. It's also a disrespect to the people doing programs with her, because they are being put in physical danger.

Guest Cam Chaos

Um, if it's for 60 days, is there a chance it's because he failed to pass a second piss test and has got sent home to clear up his system? I believe for first offences they suspend the worker for 30 days without pay and for a second result it's a 60 day suspension and possibly rehab. For a third failed test, they are fired. If this is the case, it would explain why they aren't keeping him off TV (he's being punished because he has to be punished, not because they are seriously pissed with him) and letting him finish out the short term booking plans they have for him.

...hey, you might be onto something there. I never thought about it, but it is kinda weird that the WWE specified exactly how long his suspension was for, while never mentioning what he did. A drug infraction would explain that nicely. But there have been a whole bunch of internet reports saying that it had something to do with Orton's treatment of the divas.

Guest Dangerous A

According to both Torch and Observer, the 60 days named is a minimum. If he doesn't straighten out, he'll be out longer or even released. Both sheets are also saying it is a culmination of behavior incidents stemming from when they decided to give Angle the SD title. There was some particular incident being kept under big time wraps that they say would've embarassed the company that took place about a week or so leading up to Mania. I'm sure that will come out soon enough since the lockeroom hates Orton and someone will probrably blab off what Orton's offense was.

I'd guess Meltzer knows what happened and isn't reporting it. There's a certain responsibility that comes with being a journalist, and if this was publicized, he may lose some key sources in WWE. That said, I want to know what happened because I'm curious, but Meltzer will probably never report it because he would be jeopardizing the future of the Observer.

Keller is more reckless, and it wouldn't surprise me at all with him, but he also makes up at least half of his news, so we'll never know.

Man, that is something I'm tired of, hearing Orton's behavior excused just because he was doing it towards "no-talent bimbos".

I sure hope you're not referring to me with this man, I never defended that Orton idiot in my life.

I was simply pointing out that the diva(s) in question could use this for a easy money. And I agree about their training, it's not only that. McMahon hires big boobed bimbos because theur body sells, but these women aren't always decent athletes, many of them couldn't give a rat's @ss about wrestling, they're just in for the money. If WWE really wanted women wrestlers, they wouldn't exactly employ Wilson and Keibler. That's why the Women's division is such a joke, they push womens who have about 3 months of practice under their belts. A real womens division with real wrestlers wouldn't "look" as good.

More Orton News:

Randy Orton’s 60-day suspension is an indefinite suspension. There are reports circulating around that he will not make a return to the company.

WWE is planning to keep him under contract until his deal expires to keep TNA from signing him. They would pay him the smallest amount of money as possible, and he will not be able to work for any other company.

Several people in the company believe that Orton would benefit from counseling

So basically Orton would have been fired, but they don't want him showing up on TNA so they're pretty much going to have him suspended for the rest of his contract.

This REALLY needs to be the first challenge to the whole "independent contractor" thing. If Orton really is this much of a fuckup, WWE needs to fire him and take the risk of him showing up elsewhere. Keeping them from being able to ply their trade seems to be a violation of some labor laws.

Guest savagerulz

This REALLY needs to be the first challenge to the whole "independent contractor" thing. If Orton really is this much of a fuckup, WWE needs to fire him and take the risk of him showing up elsewhere. Keeping them from being able to ply their trade seems to be a violation of some labor laws.

They're not though, are they? They're keeping him under contract, and paying him the minimum wage stated in that contract. He gets to sit at home, and actually get paid for it, and in the meantime all it means is he can't go work for TNA which I'm not sure he would anyway.

They're obviously not breaking any law in doing so, and they're keeping him under employment so he does have a job.

Guest savagerulz

Some Orton news from WON:

There is no singular, standout reason as to why Randy Orton was suspended. In the past few years, he had been fined often, usually for $5,000 per offense. Despite the fines, he'd often joke about them. The fines have largely been a result of his treatment of women, both in and out of the company. Also, he's used rude, abrasive language to people who didn't deserve it, not to mention that he's displayed antisocial behavior. WWE may want Orton to undergo counseling, to get to the root of his social issues. He may even have to get medical help, if it is necessary.

Johnny Ace was said to be fed up with Orton's rude behavior, as it was said to be getting out of hand. Orton's always displayed erratic behavior, however, it started to really get out of control at the start of the year. Also, the fines weren't sending a message to him. The decision to suspend him was based on an incident that took place at the 3/28 Smackdown tapings in Kansas City, at the Kemper Arena. Orton flagrantly violated a very public company policy. It was a lot more serious than your typical dress code issue, and it had nothing to do with either creative or economic issues. Apparently, whatever he did, was the final straw. Whatever he did, has been done before in the past as a form of protest, however, nobody was so brazen to do it inside of a building with plenty of people potentially witnessing it, including people not employed by the company who happened to be in the building at the time. Orton was informed of the WWE's decision to suspend him after Wrestlemania.

Nobody was defending Johnny Ace's decision to suspend him, including friends of Orton, who would normally not side with Johnny Ace. Although, these same people were surprised that WWE made the news of his suspension so public.

Orton's future in World Wrestling Entertainment will be decided upon in the next few weeks. It is likely that Johnny Ace and Vince McMahon will be discussing Orton's future in the WWE this week, and they may make some sort of decision. It should be noted that the day after Orton was informed of the WWE's decision to suspend him (the 4/4 Smackdown tapings), he seemed very interested in keeping his job.