Pro Wrestling Only

[2000-10-08-Michinoku Pro] SUWA vs Tiger Mask

soup23

SUWA is such a punk. He starts shit walking out and it flows over to the match as he just brutalizes Tiger Mask working like a complete rudo with stiff punches, mask ripping and drawing blood. He also is stirring up a lot of hate with Magnum Tokyo on the outside. Tiger Mask for his part hits his comebacks and shows sympathy. I liked the glimpse of a run for TM and then SUWA kneeing him in the nuts and just taking over again. The comeback from TM was superheroic but he did have to thwart off Crazy Max as well as another low blow from SUWA before locking on the submission victory. SUWA freaks after the match and we get a big ol brawl to set up a lot of matches in the future. Another really good match to end the night. ***3/4 (7.6)

• 4 weeks later...

This was pretty good. SUWA's really starting to find himself and develop as a heel. The mask tearing and simplicity and effectiveness of everything he does is a plus. However TM's sloppiness and recklessness hurt this for me -- botched spin wheel kick, reckless Tombstone Piledriver, etc. I'm surprised he didn't seriously injure SUWA on that one Tombstone in his comeback.

• GSR changed the title to [2000-10-08-Michinoku Pro] SUWA vs Tiger Mask