Pro Wrestling Only

[1982-09-12-UWA] El Santo & El Solitario & Gory Guerrero & Huracan Ramirez vs Negro Navarro & El Signo & Texano & Perro Aguayo

fxnj

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQn8WXymIVo

Epic multi-man brawl. I tend to be a harsh grader for these big lucha matches, but even I got sucked into the atmosphere of one of the greatest legends ever teaming up with his old buddies for one last rodeo. The entire match is pretty much just these guys unleashing all kinds of chaos on each other in front of a rabid crowd, and that's really all I needed here. Santo had clearly lost a step compared to the clips of him wrestling in movies, but he could still bring it and looked great mixing it up with the young guys. Similar things could be said about Gory, who put in a hell of an old man performance at 60. Perro Aguayo also hits a messy blade job and the blood gets all over Santo's back near the end for a cool visual. Really cool post-match stuff as well with the rudos looking like badasses cleaning the ring after losing to the legends. One of my favorite lucha matches. ****1/2

• GSR changed the title to [1982-09-12-UWA] El Santo & El Solitario & Gory Guerrero & Huracan Ramirez vs Negro Navarro & El Signo & Texano & Perro Aguayo