Pro Wrestling Only

Nakamura in WWE?

Guest Luds

Guest Luds

SSS states that there's been talk between NJ President Simon Inoki and Johnny Ace about WWE using Shinsuke Nakamura.

If it does happen, I wonder how WWE is going to screw that one, and who will Nakamura have to job to other than trip...

Naigai Times has more on the Nakamura/WWE story, with further comments from Simon Inoki. Simon said Nakamura looks very big now, and that he has grown up mentally too. He was surprised as how much Nakamura has grown in all fields, and isn't surprised that WWE officials Ace and Malenko were so interested in him. Simon has attended recent RAW and Smackdown! tapings, and Ace spoke to him about using Nakamura. Simon thought he was joking, but Ace was serious, and this has lead to the possibility of "renting" Shinsuke to WWE. Although probably the usual exaggeration, Simon said he has already drawn up a blueprint of bringing Batista to New Japan, and possibly running a Lesnar vs. Batista match. However, there is a possibility that WWE could send someone in return to work tours. Perhaps their own problem child, Randy Orton, whose behavioral problems might be solved in an environment where a lot of foreigners (Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero, Jamal, etc.) have cleaned up their act? Persons concerned believe that there could be an added bonus to this if Nakamura makes an impression in WWE, and that might be Japan's WWE fans supporting Nakamura in New Japan when he returns home.

Guest Dangerous A

I wouldn't take that report too seriously. F4W is reporting that while Simon Inoki and Johhny Ace have talked, Nakamura was not offered and he is not expected to come over.

The Japanese papers love running with this kind of stuff as well. It's grandstanding type of shit and in Japan, it's king.

If it does happen, I wonder how WWE is going to screw that one, and who will Nakamura have to job to other than trip...

Screw what. It's not like he's the next Great Muta who would wow American audiences with his state of the art high spots. And with regards to Triple H he probably doesn't know who the hell Nakamura is and even if he did I doubt he'd care.

It seems like the Japanese media doesn't really understand how the WWE works (nor how shitty the promotion is).

It may have a shitty product, but WWE is still an international company that is multiple times bigger than any Japanese promotion.

It may have a shitty product, but WWE is still an international company that is multiple times bigger than any Japanese promotion.

I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that the Japanese media seems to be ignorant of what the WWE is about these days. I mean, Nakamura doesn't fit in there at all, nor would he be used properly if signed, nor would he likely learn anything that would benefit him back in New Japan. It's exposure in the US sure, but I sincerely doubt that many of the people who watch WWE would care, much less seek out more Nakamura/New Japan after they see him in the WWE.

Guest SweetMama Scaat

Allright Ill do it.

*ahem*

Who the fuck Is Nakamura? Why would they trade him to the WWE and if they did why would be of such a huge interest to north american wrestling fans?

Shinsuke Nakamura.

I don't know much about him, since he's from New Japan and I don't watch New Japan (I'm a NOAH guy, and thank gawd they send their guys to ROH so we don't have to worry how Johnny Ace is going to screw my favorite guys up) but from the sounds of it he's one of NJPW's top names. He's a former IWGP, NWF, U30, and IWGP Tag Team Champion...and that ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Nakamura is the most likely guy to be the ace of New Japan for years to come. He's even won some MMA fights and is already quite popular. He's also incredibly talented given his rather limited pro-wrestling experience.

This isn't some talent trade. I'd say it's just a case of the Japanese sports media bullshitting about a Japanese guy signing with the WWE just because he's on an excursion to the US. This is a recording.

Guest Mike Campbell

There's always reports of "insert wrestler here" going overseas to work with WWE. Remember when Kobashi was rumored to show up at one of the WWE shows in Japan? Or when Benoit and Guerrero were going to be working the 2004 G1 Tournament?

Guest Luds

There's always reports of "insert wrestler here" going overseas to work with WWE. Remember when Kobashi was rumored to show up at one of the WWE shows in Japan? Or when Benoit and Guerrero were going to be working the 2004 G1 Tournament?

Well it sure happened with Kenzo Susuki. There's a reason NJ let him go in the first place, that guy sucked. And he sucked in WWE too. Nakamura is a true talent and would certainly benefit a heck more to work ROH or pretty much anything other than WWE.