Pro Wrestling Only

RAW Thoughts

goodhelmet

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

There were at least a dozen or so 'smart' fans who insisted that Triple H didn't steal the spotlight from Batista last week. Yes, even though Triple H's music blared out and he made his big entrance, slow clapping the new World Champion, this somehow did not steal the spotlight from Batista.

Those people, HTQ, have a very basic, mundane understanding of wrestling and think that all that booking is and all that wrestling is is making winners and losers. That is true, but there's a lot more to that than winning matches and losing matches, and the finer points end up totally lost on most people.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Those people, HTQ, have a very basic, mundane understanding of wrestling and think that all that booking is and all that wrestling is is making winners and losers. That is true, but there's a lot more to that than winning matches and losing matches, and the finer points end up totally lost on most people.

I want to beat the fuck out of those people. Seriously. Nothing personal against them. I just can't stand stupid people.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

Is it really that novel a concept that the new World Champion be the sole focus of the end of Raw once in a while, at the very least the first Raw of his reign ? Evidently, this concept is too abstract for some.

Guest Some Guy

I think I'm giving up on the Raw ME scene now. HHH made sure he and HBK in their never ending feud got top billing over Benoit's reign after Backlash and then sabotaged Orton's reign by not turning face when he should have so Orton could stay heel.

HHH really needs to get injured badly. That is the only way to get him off TV. Normally I wouldn't wish injury on anyone but this guy's bullshit is getting out of hand. Had the show ended with HHH running away it would have been perectly acceptable. But, HHH cahllenging JR not only stole the spotlight from Batista and was foolish, but it made Bischoff's role look even more worthless and made HBK look like a bitch for listening to Bischoff earlier in the show. Why can't HBK book himself in a handicap match but HHH can at the begining of the show and then book next week's ME? HHH abilty to bury people who he's not even feuding with or has nothing to do with on the show is amazing. The subtlety he uses to put himself over with shit like that is crazy.

I really think they need to push Bischoff as a strong impartial GM who is the law on the show. He can side with either faces or heels depending on what's right but he should not be beaten up or threatened into changing his mind. They should set it up that anyone who lays a hand on him will be fined and suspended to get it over. Bischoff should be the law over everybody, including HHH to keep crap like this from happening in angles.

Guest Cam Chaos

Shelton and Jericho has already been done at least twice on RAW and also on PPV (Taboo Tuesday). The fact that the first Undisputed champion who actually shook Shelton's hand when he lost to him now has a bug up his ass over the belt doesn't make any sense. He's a 7 time IC champ, he already holds the record for IC title reigns, why would he want it again? It doesn't make any sense. Why does Shelton even give him any time now to begin with? He's whipped his ass repeatedly, only last week did he bulldog him for the win. Also, how come an NCAA champion can't control and own Jericho in a fight?

Bischoff is little more than window dressing these days. Long is all over SD and is owning Bradshaw and Carlito at every other turn, HHH books his own matches when he wants and makes Bischoff back down time after time. Again, why is one owning the heels while the other is shitting his pants?

As I said before, all the random cuntage is half naked for the arena crowd and cable viewers, but they freak when Kane sneaks a peek? Where's the sense in that? I bet you Batista doesn't even try come onto one of them next week, like none of the wrestlers saw it happen.

Why has Kane went from being hated but tolerated by Lita to getting the big smoochies for chasing Trish around? Does she forget the guy basically blackmailed in her to having sex with him by beating the shit out of her boyfriend and later crushed her, causing her miscarriage?

If Edge has been pissed with Benoit for this long over Taboo Tuesday, why hasn't he taken him out properly yet? He's had six months to eliminate him. Also if he wants the title belt from Batista, has he forgotten Batista is the reason he didn't win it in Japan to begin with? What makes him think he can beat him if one spinebuster was all it took to ensure he lost before?

The only thing to maybe look forward to is the Dudleys turning up on RAW to take the titles from Regal and Tajiri now. Woohoo. That sure sounds great, doesn't it?

Guest Crucifixio Jones

Diva Search 2...ye gods

I don't know how this came to be so commonly used but the term is "egads"...described by Webster's dictionary as a mild curse/oath meaning "oh God."

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Smackdown: John Cena cuts a spirited promo in which he introduces (and does a good job of getting over) a new catchphrase. The champ.......is HERE.

Which he, of course, stole from a year-old Jadakiss song which sampled Will Smith saying "The Champ is Here" and beating on some drums trying to attract attention to himself when everyone was more interested in watching George Foreman train in ALI.

What could Vince do, fire everyone and have HHH give a 2 hour 10 minute promo?

Dude, don't encourage him.

Anyone who's talked to me on AIM during RAW can attest to the fact that I'm feeling Hassan and Devari, too. So much can be done with these two...which is exactly why it won't so I won't invest too much emotionally. I'm already looking at them with the "what could have been" attitude. I like Carlito, too. But he's also made out to look like a buffoon on SD each week.

Which he, of course, stole from a year-old Jadakiss song which sampled Will Smith saying "The Champ is Here" and beating on some drums trying to attract attention to himself when everyone was more interested in watching George Foreman train in ALI.

It wouldn't matter if he stole "C is for Cookie" from Sesame Street if JBL came out 3 minutes in and hogged the spotlight.