Pro Wrestling Only

Orlando Jordan = GONE~!

sek69

From WO:

--Orlando Jordan was fired today because of extreme heat over who he was traveling with. Actually he was pretty much told to go home on Tuesday before Smackdown and the official firing was today.

Wow, who was he traveling with to cause "extreme heat"?

Well, considering that the WWE roster seems to be a cesspool of miserable bastards that have issue with pretty much every wrestler on the roster, who even knows? He probably parted his hair in a way that infringed on JBL's gimmick or something.

The epitome of "meh." I don't even think TNA will want him. I never really got to see what he could do in the ring. Even when he was paired with Benoit, he was getting squashed in under a minute every time.

I thought he had a decent enough look though.

Guest Cam Chaos

So rather fire the person with heat on them they fire the person who has heat on himself as a result of travelling with the original person. This makes asd much sense as MNM losing their tag belts because Batista stood up for Melina and Booker T stood up for the "Wrestling Establishment". I really can't see how "we fired him because he travelled with someone we don't like between arenas" would hold up in court if Orlando went after a wrongful termination lawsuit. he did his job to the best of his ability, I can't imagine any other business getting away with firing a dude for carpooling with the office asshole.

Guest teke184

This may be the stupid juvenile bullshit a la Edge and Christian, where people get heat for being close with a writer or some other non-wrestler WWE employee. (They got heat for being close with Gerwitz)

Usually that's solved through the Kangaroo Court though.

Guest Josh

The epitome of "meh." I don't even think TNA will want him. I never really got to see what he could do in the ring. Even when he was paired with Benoit, he was getting squashed in under a minute every time.

That was because the only reasonably long match they had against each other was so poor that they decided they couldn't have him out there for any longer than a few minutes in singles.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

So rather fire the person with heat on them they fire the person who has heat on himself as a result of travelling with the original person. This makes asd much sense as MNM losing their tag belts because Batista stood up for Melina and Booker T stood up for the "Wrestling Establishment". I really can't see how "we fired him because he travelled with someone we don't like between arenas" would hold up in court if Orlando went after a wrongful termination lawsuit. he did his job to the best of his ability, I can't imagine any other business getting away with firing a dude for carpooling with the office asshole.

The impression I got was that he was travelling w/ a non-WWE employee (i.e. his boyfriend, if sexuality-related rumors about OJ are to be believed), not another wrestler.

Guest teke184

Jordan's gay? Whoopie-fucking-doo.

If he's being fired for travelling with his boyfriend, then someone's got too much time on their hands.

As I said before, this is the kind of shit usually handled by a Kangaroo Court.

If it was something bad enough to get fired, it better have been something like "he was travelling with a known drug dealer".

Jordan was not so subtle about the fact that he was gay backstage. I don't think he was fired because of it because why would they wait this long? He was generally well liked and was friends with JBL, so he had political allies. I think it was constant breaking of WWE policy (both written and "understood" lockeroom criteria) that did him in.

*inserts obligatory Rob Feinstein joke here*

I will say the firing stories have gotten extremely interesting lately. I remember a time when it was just a case of guys being fired for just not being good. Most of the terminations since Jamie Noble filed an insurance claim for a steroid infection have at least been colorful stories.

Guest DylanWaco

*inserts obligatory Rob Feinstein joke here*

I will say the firing stories have gotten extremely interesting lately. I remember a time when it was just a case of guys being fired for just not being good. Most of the terminations since Jamie Noble filed an insurance claim for a steroid infection have at least been colorful stories.

I was thinking we'd see a Feinstein joke followed by a John Malvo/sniper joke.

Guest Primo Matarazzo

I was thinking we'd see a Feinstein joke followed by a John Malvo/sniper joke.

That's where I was headed but it was too early to be witty.