Pro Wrestling Only

ECW 1993

Yo-Yo's Roomie

Luger and Simmons get their points across. Good TV win for Chavis. Azrael dominates Brian X. Liked the post match confrontation between X and Smothers. Smothers will be a nice addition to ECW. WOW! What a main event! That was off the charts! Everybody got to shine. Storylines went further. In the end Nord stands tall but it looks like somebody is out there watching him.  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ECW TV Episode 19 - 7/5/93

Joey Styles welcomes us to the show and runs down what's in store for the night, including the TV title number one contenders match between Brad Armstrong and Scott Levy. He then introduces Maximilian Payne out for an exclusive interview. Styles welcomes Payne back to ECW and asks him about his time in jail. Payne says that the whole world is a jail cell, so being in an actual one was no big deal to him. He says that Mike Shaw and Madusa's little scheme worked in that it got him out of their hair for a few weeks, but all it really did was make him angrier and gave him the time to think up more ways to hurt them. Shaw and Madusa come out, and stand a safe distance away from Payne. Madusa asks Joey how he can stand there next to a pervert like Payne, a man who put his dirty hands all over her without her consent. Payne says Madusa is full of crap, and that he had a cast-iron alibi for the night in question, and the only reason he did jail time was because he nearly pulled a cop's arm out of the socket. "And anyway, who'd believe that I'd want to touch you? I know where you've been". Shaw makes like he's heading to the ring but Madusa holds him back. She says Payne is going to get his, and he won't know what hit him.

A video airs showing the Brad Armstrong/Brian X/Tracy Smothers situation from last week.

Match 1: Scott Levy w/Nelson Frazier Vs Brad Armstrong. 15 minute time limit with the winner to face Bobby Eaton next week for the TV title.

Brad is a house on fire in the early going, but his momentum is quelled by Frazier, who causes a distraction on the outside, and then takes some cheap shots of his own while Levy has the ref distracted. Armstrong starts a comeback, but gets his foot tripped by Frazier, as Styles remarks how valuable an asset the big man is proving. When Frazier gets involved a third time, squashing Brad against the ring post, Azrael appears out of nowhere and starts laying in punches on the big man. Frazier and Azrael brawl into the crowd, and Armstrong makes a comeback in the ring. He hits a high cross body for a nearfall, and then signals to go up again. Brian X makes his way out with a mic, "hey homey, check this, you think you can fly? Your coach, me, I'm first class. The only wings you got is chicken wings, and I'm about to Colonel Sanders your ass. Do something, bitch, I dare ya. One glance and you pee your pants, that's how much I scare ya. Don't take your eyes off the prize, bro, that won't get you no titles. Oh man, you just got slammed, quick, someone check his vitals". Levy has slammed Brad off the top rope. Tracy Smothers comes out and starts punching away at Brian X. Brad escapes a Levy Breaker attempt and tries to intervene between X and Smothers but Levy rolls him up and gets the 3 count after 10 mins. Brian X rolls into the ring to escape Smothers, who follows him in. Brad tries to get between them and calm Tracy down, but X pushes Smothers into Brad and makes his escape.

A video shows Nord's dominance, and then Sid Vicious cuts a promo challenging Nord to a match in 2 weeks.

Match 2: Bob Backlund Vs Canterbury w/Knight. 10 mins.

As Backlund comes out we get a recap of him helping Larry Zbyszko to fend off the AHS 2 weeks ago. Backlund gives a strong showing, but a distraction from Knight allows Canterbury to hit a lariat and pick up the win in 6 mins. The AHS follow up with a Hangman's Noose, and Styles tells us that Zbyszko was not in the ECW Arena tonight.

Nord cuts a promo in the back responding to Sid's challenge. He says he's the most dominant man in ECW, and the most vicious man, not Sid. He says Sid doesn't have a warrior's heart, but he will do him the honour of a warrior's burial, and lay him to rest in the halls of Valhalla with all his other victims.

Match 3: The Highwaymen Vs Ricky Morton and 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton. 15 mins.

Styles says this is a tag team title eliminator match, with the winning team going on to face The Sandman and Larry Zbyszko for a shot at the AHS. He puts over how competitive the tag division is these days. The goal here is just a good, fast-paced tag match, with both teams looking good. Morton is still wearing the face mask. The Sandman joins Styles on commentary briefly, and says he and Larry want another crack at the AHS, and also tells Ron Simmons that down the line they're going to face off, and it's going to take a lot more than a broken table to keep Sandman down. The Highwaymen pick up the win, hitting Stand and Deliver to Morton and pinning him. They leave but Levy and Frazier appear on the scene and start laying waste to Eaton. Morton tries to even the odds, but Marc Mero runs in and attacks him. Mero rips off the face mask and starts clawing at Morton's nose. Frazier delivers a couple of splashes to Eaton. Mero drives Morton's face into his knee from a double arm underhook position, a move he calls the Widowmaker. He then takes out a pair of scissors and starts cutting off Morton's mullet. Officials swarm the ring and manage to restore order, but Eaton and Morton have been laid to waste.

Styles says what a wild night it has been, and tells us that next week will be a huge show as well. There will be the number one contenders match between The Highwaymen and the Pennsylvania Wrecking Crew, the TV title match between Eaton and Levy, and just announced, Brad Armstrong will face his brother Brian X with Tracy Smothers as the special guest referee. Then we cut to the back where Barry Horowitz has been left a bloody mess by someone. Paramedics surround him, and then Maximilian Payne arrives on the scene to check on his buddy. "Shaw, you son of a bitch, where are you? You're gonna pay for this".

Wow! That was one action packed show! Good start with the Payne interview and exchange with Madusa and Shaw. Shaw and Payne are heading for an explosive showdown. Levy's investment in Frazier is sure paying off. Lot's of chaos as Azrael, Brian X and Smothers get involved. Levy gets the title shot. AHS take advantage of Larry Z being gone as they do a number on Backlund. Sid versus Nord...YES! Wild main event. Morton and Eaton suffer the loss and suffer horrible beatings. Mero really takes it to Morton but I'm sure will pay big time for messing with his mullet. I wonder what kind of condition Eaton will be in next week for his title defense against Levy?? Poor Barry Horowitz, looks like he felt the wrath of an angry Shaw. I think we're in for another wild ride next week. 

ECW TV Episode 20 - 14/5/93

Joey Styles is in the commentary booth to welcome us. He starts by informing us of the injury to Bob Backlund at the hands of Canterbury, as we are shown video of the moment it occurred. The Arkansas Hit Squad's music hits and the champs come out to join Joey. "Zbyszko, we took out your buddy Backlund, and we'll take out you, the Sandman, the Highwaymen, it don't matter to us. You step in our way and you're gonna end up in a hospital bed".

Match 1: Larry Zbyszko and the Sandman Vs The Highwaymen. 15 minute time limit, number one contenders match.

The AHS are standing watching the action from the booth. They jaw jack with Larry Z and Sandman as they come out. After about 10 mins, Zbyszko and Sandman look to be zoning in on the win. The AHS make their way to ringside and try to get into the ring. As the ref orders them away, Lex Luger hits the ring and nails Sandman with the ECW belt. Steve Henry covers and the Highwaymen pick up the win. The AHS are smug, and mocking Larry Zbyszko, but they don't see the Highwaymen help themselves to the tag team belts which they had left on the commentary table. The Highwaymen scarper with the titles as the AHS pursue.

After the break Styles catches Luger for a quick word in the back, asking him to explain his actions. Luger says The Sandman and Zbyszko are a blot on his and Ron's copybook, and that next week they have a challenge to issue.

We see a replay of the closing moments of last week's show with Horowitz being discovered a bloody mess, and then cut to Maximilian Payne, who is playing a lament on his guitar. "I'm what you would call a loner. I didn't have any friends in high school. Didn't want any. And yes, it's true, I was never much of a hit with the ladies. But there is one person in this world who I call a friend, one person who I allowed to get close to me. That's Barry Horowitz. Now, Barry will be back in due time, of that I have no doubt, but as for you Mike Shaw... Now we know the time, and we know the place. 2 weeks from today in the ECW arena. The only thing that's still up in the air is just how bad I beat you".

We cut to a Mike Shaw and Madusa promo. "2 weeks, Payne, and I finally get to put my hands on you. I can't wait. Barry Horowitz, he was just the appetiser. I hope you put up more of a fight than he did, Payne, but it doesn't matter, because just like him, you're going to be begging for mercy. Lay some sugar on me, Maddy".

Styles confirms the Shaw/Payne match for 2 weeks, calling it one of the most anticipated matches in ECW history, then we cut to CCTV footage of Scott Levy and Nelson Frazier in the back. Levy tells Frazier that tonight is his night to win the TV champ, but Frazier has to ensure that Azrael doesn't interfere in the match. "Do what you're paid to do, Frazier. Find Azrael, and take him out",

Match 2: Brian X Vs Brad Armstrong. 15 mins with Tracy Smothers as guest ref. A video package shows how this all came about.

Brad dominates early on, but X turns the tables. X gets a nearfall and then gets into the face of Smothers, telling him to count faster. They get into a shoving match which results in Brad rolling up X and getting a nearfall of his own. Brad makes a comeback, and signals for the end, hitting a bulldog on X. He covers, 1-2... Smothers stops the count. "What the hell was that?" "He got a shoulder up" "Like hell he did. What's going on here?" Brad grabs Tracy and Tracy threatens to DQ him. He then tells him to look out behind him. Brad instinctively turns back towards X, allowing Tracy to low blow him. X tombstones Brad, covers him, and Smothers counts the 3. 8 mins. X and Smothers embrace, and then start laying the boots into Armstrong. Smothers blows a snot rocket onto Armstrong, and he and X leave together laughing. Styles sells shock and disgust.

CCTV footage shows Frazier lurking around backstage looking for Azrael. As he walks by we see a be-hooded man in the shadows.

A video shows clips of Nord and Sid Vicious being dominant, and Styles hypes their match for next week.

Marc Mero cuts a promo in the back. "This is quite the game we're playing here, Ricky Morton. First, you stole from me my dream debut, so I broke your nose. Then, you humiliated me by stripping me down to my underwear, so I took this (holds up the lock of Morton's mullet that he cut off last week). Ball's back in your court".

Match 3: 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton Vs Scott Levy. 15 minute time limit for the TV title.

This is defense #6 for Eaton. Levy is struggling to get going in the match, and goes so far as to call out for Frazier to help him. He finally gets a foothold in the match, but can't keep Eaton down. Now he's desperately crying out for Frazier, but Azrael's music hits. He makes his way out but Frazier attacks him from behind and lays him out. But when Frazier rips off his hood, it isn't Azrael. This malarkey has allowed Eaton to recover, and he drops Levy with a double arm underhook backbreaker, and then puts him away with the Alabama Jam. Frazier advances on the ring, but the real Azrael attacks him from behind, and the show goes off the air with Styles telling us to tune in next week for Nord Vs Vicious and the tag team title match.

Another wild ECW show! Opens with a bang as Luger clocks Sandman with the belt allowing the Highway Men to get a title shot. Lot of great storylines intertwining in that match. Payne and Shaw is going to be explosive. WOW! What a turn by Smothers! Smothers and Brian X could be a dangerous duo. Looking forward to the clash of titans match between Nord and Sid. Mero cuts a great heel promo. Eaton retains again! I thought Levy was going to win it but once again Azrael gets the best of him. 

ECW TV Episode 21 - 21/5/93

Joey Styles is in the ring. "Welcome to ECW TV, the most action-packed hour of wrestling television there is. We have another jam-packed show for you tonight, so without further ado- Ron Simmons and the ECW champion, Lex Luger". Luger and Simmons make their way out, jaw-jacking with fans along the way. Simmons gets in Styles' face, as Luger takes the mic. "Last week I said I had a challenge for the Sandman and old man Zbyszko, but first let me explain just who we are. We are the most dominant force in the wrestling world. Two natural athletes with intelligence, power, speed, the total package you might say. You can take any two wrestlers from anywhere in the world and they wouldn't stand a chance against us. I'm the man who, on his first night in this company, took the ECW championship from your hometown hero, the Sandman. And I've made him my bitch ever since. I stood face to face in this ring with the psychotic Sid Vicious, and I pinned him one two three. Anyone who has tried to step in our way has been taken out, from Sabu to Maximilan Payne to Christopher Chavis. But there is one blot on our copybook, one black mark on our perfect record, and that came when Sandman and Zbyszko somehow beat us at Extreme Easter, surely the biggest miracle ever associated with Easter. Well, we can't let that stand, which brings me to my challenge. Larry, Sandman, we want to do it all again. Bring your pathetic home state fans, bring your tables, bring everything you've got, because this time we're gonna end it. This time we want you in an I Quit match". RS- "In a state known for quitters, it will be only fitting that your great hope, the Pennsylvania Wrecking Crew, will be made to utter those two words, I Quit, when we show them some down home Southern hospitality. You have a week to answer the challenge, boys". They make to leave, but are interrupted by Christopher Chavis, who has a mic. "Luger, you talk a good game, but seem to have selective memory. Let me remind you that you didn't beat me, you couldn't beat me, and I don't think you can beat me". LL- "Look, Ron, it's Tonto. Tonto, you've got a lot of nerve, or maybe you're just stupid. You see, if I was you, I would have headed back to the reservation after our match, and lived the rest of my days with the memory of the night you stood in the ring with the great Lex Luger and somehow survived to tell the tale. Everybody knows that you were saved by the bell that night, and in another second you would have been crying uncle in the torture rack". CC- "Let's put that theory to the test. Why not fight me again, right here tonight?" Simmons grabs the mic from Luger. "You disrespectful little punk. You're lucky I don't break you in half right now, coming out here and interrupting us". LL- "It's cool, Ron. Guys like this don't learn, but I have an idea for you. You want a shot at me, Tonto? Well, how about this. Next week you go one on one with my man, Ron Simmons, and if you last even 5 minutes with him, then you can step back in the ring with me, and I'll put this ECW championship belt on the line. What do you say?" "I say I'll see you next week".

Commercial break. We come back and Styles excitedly recaps the opening segment, and then throws us to ringside for our first match.

Match 1: The Arkansas Hit Squad Vs The Highwaymen. ECW tag team title match, 15 minute time limit.

The Highwaymen come out wearing the tag belts, and the AHS attack them from behind. They brawl in the aisle and then head into the ring. Both teams take a turn in control, using rule-breaking tactics to gain and keep the advantage. Finally the Highwaymen have Canterbury set up for Stand and Deliver, but Knight makes the save, and sends Steve Henry over the top. Now the AHS are lining up a Hangman's Noose on Rex Mason, but Henry reaches in and pulls Mason out the ring. The Highwaymen try to escape into the crowd but the AHS cut them off. However, Mason and Henry have snaffled the tag belts and turn around and waffle their opponents with them, drawing the DQ after 10 mins. They celebrate with the belts, but the AHS are straight back up, so the Highwaymen scarper with the belts once again.

A video shows clips of previous altercations between Nord and Sid Vicious, to hype their match for later. Then we cut to Ricky Morton in the back. "Mero, you talk about playing games, well, I'm not here to play games. You wanna know my next move? I'll lay it out straight for ya. An eye for an eye, brother. You wanna cut a lock of my hair, well, I wanna shave your whole entire head. Let's settle this once and for all in a hair match". Next a promo by Mero. "You wanna compare my beautiful locks to your ratty mullet? There is no comparison, just like there's no comparison between our ring skills. So I accept your challenge. I'll teach you a lesson in the ring, and then shave you bald."

Styles says the hair match will take place in two weeks time.

Match 2: Scott Levy and Mike 'Sugarlips' Shaw w/Madusa and Nelson Frazier Vs 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton and Azrael. 10 min time limit.

Styles says Levy has been granted a rematch for the TV title due to the controversial ending to his last title match, and that will take place next week and will be a lumberjack match. He also hypes up for next week the long-awaited battle between Shaw and Maximilian Payne. He says Payne has been told to stay home this week. Levy spends the match avoiding Azrael. Eaton plays face in peril. Finally Azrael gets his hands on Levy, but Frazier immediately comes in for the dq after 6 mins. Levy, Shaw and Frazier start a 3-on-2 beatdown, but Payne's music hits and he makes his way out through the crowd. He jumps in the ring to even the odds, and after a short brawl the heels retreat. Styles predicts the lumberjack match is going to get crazy.

The ring announcer starts announcing the main event, but is cut off by 'Straight Outta Compton' and Brian X and Tracy Smothers come out, cackling like hyenas. They hit the ring. X-"How about that match last week? Brad Armstrong Vs Brian X with Tracy Smothers as your guest referee, and what a guest referee he was. Called it straight down the middle, and when the smoke cleared, raised yours truly's hand in the air victorious. But Tracy, I know there's something you want to get off your chest, so I'm gonna yield the floor to you". TS- "Thank you, Brian. Now, all week, all I've been hearing is 'why, Tracy, why? Why did you turn your back on Brad Armstrong?' And the answer is simple. I didn't. Brad Armstrong turned his back on me. Let me give you a little history. A few months back, Brian X here was brutally attacked by the Arkansas Hit Squad. They branded him like cattle, and knocked him loopy. When I saw that, I immediately vowed revenge. I stepped up to the plate to defend the honour of a family that I've always respected, and always felt like I was an honourary member of. So I went after the Hit Squad and I endured my fair share of beatings. And where were you, Brad Armstrong? When I needed a tag team partner to face the Hit Squad, I had to go cap in hand to that freak, Sid Vicious, a man I didn't even know. And where were you, Brad Armstrong? When Sid Vicious lost that match to the Hit Squad, and I took a little sabbatical from wrestling, where were you, Brad Armstrong? You see, it's exaclty like Brian said all along, you are a selfish man, from a selfish family. I gave everything to you and you didn't even acknowledge my existence. You treated me like some groupie, some fanboy, convenient when you needed me, but a nuisance when you didn't. Brian X, I do believe you when you say that that gene pool is poisoned, and I'm proud to say that you, and you alone, are my brother, and the Armstrong family, the whole rotten lot of you, you can kiss my ass" Smothers spits at the camera lens.

Match 3: Sid Vicious Vs Nord. TV time remaining is 10 mins.

Vicious passes X and Smothers in the aisle, and the two keep their distance, but Vicious is focused on matters at hand. This is a slobberknocker, with both men throwing bombs at each other. Sid sends Nord over the top with a clothesline and goes after him, but Nord catches him with the Road to Valhalla on the floor. Nord rolls back into the ring as the ref advances with his count. Sid struggles up to the apron and is apparently going to beat the count, but Nord send him back to the floor with another Road to Valhalla and Sid is now motionless as the ref, starting his count again, goes all the way to 10. Nord takes it via countout after 8 mins. Nord is marching around the ring like a crazy man, yelling how no-one can stop him and all will fall. His music cuts off and we get a quick 5 second blast of Sabu's music, before returning to Nord's. This stops Nord in his tracks, and we end the show with him blathering 'where is he?' 'No!' and the like.

Fun show that set up a lot of exciting matches. Luger and Simmons might be underestimating The Warhorse and looking past him towards their I Quit match. That could prove to be a big mistake. Good brawling tag title bout between two heel teams. Morton and Mero in a hair versus hair match should be a wild one with a fun conclusion. Payne saves the day. A lumberjack match in ECW will be beyond chaos! Strong promo by Smothers. Good seeing him get a shine here as I always thought he deserved better IRL. Man, Nord really took it to Sid. Nord is a dominating force here but looks like Sabu is gunning for him. 

If I could be a bit nitpicky about the format, the promos are sometimes a bit hard to follow because it's all jumbled in one paragraph. I understand that it's because you wanna keep one segment to a specific paragraph but to me - only my 2 cents - it'd be easier to read if there was more space in promos.

But other than that, as usual, you're doing a great job overall. :)

ECW TV Episode 22 - 28/5/93.

The show opens with the ring surrounded by lumberjacks ready for the opening match. Around the ring are the Highwaymen, Ricky Morton, Tracy Smothers, Brian X, Christopher Chavis, Mike Shaw and Sid Vicious.

Match 1: 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton Vs Scott Levy. 15 minute time limit for the TV title.

Nelson Frazier is out with Levy and takes his place with the lumberjacks. Azrael's music hits and he comes out and stands about halfway up the aisle observing the action. Levy gets the upper hand when Frazier intervenes, and he uses the lumberjacks to his advantage. Eaton makes his comeback but again the lumberjacks, led by Frazier, turn the tide. Then the Arkansas Hit Squad make their way out and go after the Highwaymen, who are still wearing the tag titles. This causes a big brouhaha to break out with all the lumberjacks. Azrael makes his move and climbs to the top rope, launching himself onto all the lumberjacks and taking them all out. Levy goes for the Levy Breaker DDT on Eaton, but Eaton holds on to the top rope, then hits a spinning neckbreaker and the Alabama Jam to retain the title. The Highwaymen escape with the tag belts again. 10 mins.

A pre-taped promo from Brad Armstrong airs. He says that when Brian X turned on him it broke his heart, and Tracy Smothers just added insult to injury. He says that there's room in the woodshed for Smothers too, and challenges him to a match next week.

Hype video for Shaw Vs Payne showing the history between the two.

A video recaps the end of last week's show when Sabu's music got piped in.

Match 2: Ron Simmons Vs Christopher Chavis. 5 minute challenge match- if Chavis survives he gets an ECW title match.

Lex Luger joins Joey Styles in the booth. Styles asks Luger if he's worried about Sabu, and Luger says Nord will deal with Sabu if he actually comes back. Styles asks if he's worried about Chavis and Luger just laughs. Simmons dominates the match from the bell, toying with Chavis. Chavis takes the abuse and makes a big comeback, getting a nearfall with a big tomahawk chop from the top. Luger is on his feet and getting worried. Simmons cuts the comeback off with a clothesline and then motions it's over, with a little point to Luger. He picks Chavis up but Chavis small packages him and picks up the win in 4 mins. Luger hits the ring and lays Chavis out with a forearm blast, and he and Simmons immediately start putting the boots to Chavis as Styles puts over the upset and the implications. Luger lifts Chavis into the Torture Rack, but Enter Sandman hits and Sandman and Larry Zbyszko hit the ring and run the heels off. Zbyszko gets a mic. "Now, the Sandman and I may not have much in common, but there are a couple of ways in which we're alike. First, we're both proud to represent this great state of Pennsylvania. And second, neither one of us is quitters. Right, Sandman?" "I never quitted once in my life. Luger- you never could make me quit, and you never will be able to, and that goes double for you Simmons. You want to settle this in an I Quit match, let's put pen to paper and make it official. We accept".

A vignette airs of Marc Mero going into a barber shop in Philly. He's greeted like a king and the barber kicks some other guy out the chair to take care of Mero. Mero asks the barber if he knows about the hair match with Ricky Morton. The barber says the whole town knows about it, and asks Mero why he wants his hair cut now. Mero says he's going to shave Morton bald, and wants to look good doing it, and asks the barber to make him look even more pretty. We cut to later and Mero has his hair all poufed up with highlights in it. He pays the barber and gives him a $1 tip before leaving. The barber looks at the dollar bill and says he hopes Morton beats him.

Nord cuts a promo in the back. He says he gave Sabu a warrior's burial in Valhalla, and nobody returns from Valhalla. He says someone is trying to play games with him, but that he doesn't enjoy games and when he finds out who is responsible, they will fall by his sword.

Another hype video for Shaw Vs Payne airs.

Styles tells us that next week we have the hair match, Brad Armstrong Vs Tracy Smothers, and the final chapter of the Azrael/Levy rivalry, with Nelson Frazier handcuffed to the ringpost. He also says in two weeks it will be title night, as Luger will defend against Chavis and the AHS defend against the Highwaymen.

Match 3: Mike 'Sugarlips' Shaw w/Madusa Vs Maximilian Payne. TV time remaining is 20 mins.

Shaw is out first. Payne stops in the aisle and signals for someone to come out. He is joined by Barry Horowitz. Shaw and Payne have a staredown and then start trading punches. The match ends up on the outside with Payne in full control, beating Shaw from pillar to post. They brawl through the crowd and back into the ring. Shaw gets an advantage. Madusa looks like she's going to interfere, but Horowitz warns her off. Shaw avalanches Payne in the corner for a 2 count. He goes for another but Payne moves. Payne goes to the top rope. Horowitz is chasing Madusa around the ring and then into the ring and between Payne and Shaw. This distraction allows Shaw to crotch Payne on the top rope, powerslam him off and then hit a Guaranteed Finish to get the win after 14 mins. Madusa and Shaw celebrate in the aisleway as Horowitz apologises to Payne. Payne pats him on the back to tell him it's okay.

Match 4: Rex Mason w/Steve Henry Vs Ricky Morton. Bonus match with 5 mins left.

Morton picks up the win with the Rockin' Huricanrana when the AHS make their way out and distract the Highwaymen. The Highwaymen run away. Morton is in the crowd celebrating with some middle aged ladies who are feeling his mullet (literally and figuratively) as we go off the air.

All sorts of craziness to start the show but what would you expect from a ECW lumberjack match. Strong finish as Eaton retains! Chavis upsets Simmons and gets a title shot but suffers a beatdown afterwards. Looking forward to that I quit match. That Mero/Barbershop segment was hilarious. Shaw wins a battle against Payne. I'm sure this isn't done yet. Fun way to end the show. Morton still has his fans LOL. 

ECW TV Episode 23 - 4/6/93

Mood lighting. In the ring is a table, elegantly set, with a vase of roses, wine glasses etc. Mike Shaw's music hits, and Shaw strolls out smugly, as Joey Styles welcomes us to the show. Shaw gets on the mic, and says that tonight is a celebration. He says it's ironic that it was Barry Horowitz, Maximilian Payne's only friend in the world, who ended up costing Payne their match last week. He says that now he puts Payne behind him, and debuts his new talk show, Lover's Lane. He introduces his first guest, the sexiest woman in the world, Madusa. Madusa comes out dressed to impress, and they take a seat at the table and enjoy a glass of wine. A bit of banter about Payne and Horowitz ensues. "Now, as you all know, I am a man with a voracious sexual appetite. In fact, there has never been a single woman on this earth who could satisfy me fully. Let me put it this way, at the buffet of life, I was tossing the salad, slurping the soup, and having all I could eat. But then I met you, my Maddy. Baby girl, you are everything I ever wanted in a woman, and you're the only woman I need. And with that said, I have a very important question I want to ask you right now..." Maximilian Payne's music hits, and he and BH walk out. MP- "You may have got the 1-2-3 on me last week, but you're damn mistaken if you think that was the end of anything. We're going to face each other again real soon, and next time it's going to be on my terms, the way I like to fight. And as for this little love-off right here? Barry?" BH- "Lover's Lane is about to close for business". They hit the ring as Shaw and Madusa scarper, and trash the Lover's Lane set. Shaw is seething on the outside.

Styles hypes the show, with the hair match main event, and talks about next week which will be title night, with Luger Vs Chavis and the Highwaymen Vs the Arkansas Hit Squad. He announces that Bobby Eaton didn't want to be left out, and has signed an open contract to defend his TV title.

Match 1: Azrael Vs Scott Levy. 15 minute time limit, Nelson Frazier is handcuffed to the ring post.

Azrael dominates the match, throwing Levy around in an impressive display of power. Levy sneaks back into the match with a rake of the eyes, but Azrael soon makes a comeback and is heading for the win. Before he can put the match to bed, Frazier breaks the handcuffs, which Styles puts over as a superhuman feat. Frazier hits the ring and attacks Azrael, hitting him with a big slam and a splash. Match time is 6 mins, Azrael wins by DQ. Azrael makes it back to his feet as Frazier and Levy leave, in an act of defiance.

A video package shows the history between Marc Mero and Ricky Morton.

The Highwaymen cut a promo in the back. They say they have what the AHS want, and then open their jackets to show they are wearing the tag team belts. They say that they're gentlemen thieves, but there'll be nothing gentlemanly about what they do to the Hit Squad next week, and that the belts are staying with them.

Match 2: Tracy Smothers w/Brian X Vs Brad Armstrong. 15 mins.

Brian X has the mic- "Brad, you say we broke your heart, that's because we're fighters, not lovers. Now you're about to get your ass beat by the original G, Tracy Smothers. If you think you can hang, then go ahead and try us- your offence is weaker than the Philadelphia Flyers. But don't worry. we'll make it quick, they don't pay us by the hour. When we're done pounding your ass, we're gonna take your woman's flower". Brad's music hits and he bursts out and hits the ring a house on fire, as Styles apologises for X's comments. Brad is all over Tracy and is set to make short work of him as he hits a bulldog. X rushes the ring though and attacks Armstrong, bringing about the DQ after 3 mins. X and Smothers beat down Armstrong, finishing with a spike piledriver.

Lex Luger and Ron Simmons come out. LL- "Sandman and Zbyszko, we heard your comments last week as you accepted our challenge for an I Quit match. Very confident. The two of you said that you weren't quitters. Now, Sandman, I've been in the ring with you many times, and I'll say this about you, I never could get you to quit. I could beat your ass all night long, and I did, but you would not quit. I think you're just too plain stupid to quit, to be honest. But Zbyszko, when you say you're not a quitter, that isn't quite truthful, is it?" RS- "It's a goddamned lie. Zbyszko, everybody knows that you are a grade A quitter. You quit the WWWF because you couldn't handle living in the shadow of Bruno Sammartino, you quit the AWA when they needed you the most, and you quit WCW because the Dangerous Alliance wanted no more part of you. Once a quitter, always a quitter, Zbyszko." LL- "Let me make this clear right now. We don't go into this I Quit match looking to make the Sandman quit. We go in looking to make you quit, Zbyszko. That's a guarantee right now. Zbyszko, you will utter those two words, and disgrace yourself once again, and Simmons and I, Southern Comfort, will show our dominance over you Pennsylvania losers once and for all".

Match 3: Ricky Morton Vs 'Magnificent' Marc Mero. Hair Vs Hair, 25 mins remaining of TV time.

These two go at it hard in a fast-paced match with lots of near falls. Mero dominates for long periods but can't put Morton away. He goes for the Widowmaker but Morton blocks and hits the Rockin' Rana, but only gets a two count. He then locks on a sleeper hold. Mero tries to kick off the ropes, but can't rotate backwards, and is now grounded in the sleeper. His hand drops once, twice, three times, and Morton is declared the winner after 17 mins. Morton grabs the clippers, and starts to shave Mero's head, with help from the barber. Morton celebrates in the crowd as Mero comes to and throws a fit upon seeing his new hair cut. The show ends with Styles hyping next week's show.

LOL Lovers Lane, well it was fun while it lasted but I knew Payne wasn't done with Shaw. I have a feeling this feud is going to get crazy. Nice job building Frazier up as a monster. Levy's investment in him is paying off well. Looking forward to Azrael and Frazier squaring off. Brad takes another beating at the hands of X and Smothers. Brad is going to need some help. Strong words from Luger and Simmons. I hope Larry Z is ready. Fun main event. Morton winning and keeping his hair is defiantly the right call. I couldn't imagine a world with a mullet less Morton LOL. Cant wait for next week's title show. 

ECW TV Episode 24 - 11/6/93

Joey Styles is in the ring to welcome us to the show, and hype up the 3 championship matches for the evening, but is interrupted by Scott Levy and Nelson Frazier. Frazier has his arm in a sling. SL- "How can you stand here with that stupid smirk on your face talking about wrestling, when this miscarriage of justice is allowed to take place? Nelson Frazier, for those who don't know, suffered a broken elbow at the hands of that savage, Azrael on a house show this past week. This is a tragedy. Do you know how much money this is costing me? Not that I can't afford it, but still. I should sue ECW for providing an unsafe work environment. Nelson Frazier isn't a licensed wrestler, he's a piece of property that I own, and Azrael had no business putting his hands on him." JS- "Maybe if you didn't insist on bringing your toys to school, they wouldn't get broke". "You shut your smart mouth, Joey. Because of Azrael, Frazier can no longer perform the basic duties I expect of him, and I want compensation". "Well, Scotty, it's convenient that you are out here, actually, because I was just about to talk about you. You see, you are going to get some compensation, but it isn't going to come in the form of money. It's going to come in the form of steel. A steel cage to be exact. You see, in 3 weeks time, ECW are going to be holding our latest extravaganza. It's going to take place on our nation's birthday, July 4th, right here in the ECW arena, and the first match announced is Azrael Vs Scott Levy inside a steel cage. No Nelson Frazier, no escape, no excuses." Levy is apoplectic as we cut to commercial.

Match 1: The Arkansas Hit Squad (c) Vs The Highwaymen for the tag team titles. 20 min time limit.

The Highwaymen come out wearing the belts, but the AHS attack them before they can even take them off. They strip the belts off them and hold them aloft, but the Highwaymen attack them from behind. The AHS shrug off the attack and catch the Highwaymen with a pair of big boots. They whip them into the corner one after the other and squash them with a pair of clotheslines. They throw Steve Henry over the top rope, and hit Rex Mason with the Hangman's Noose. Knight covers for the win after 45 seconds. They get Henry back in the ring and deliver a Noose to him for good measure, and then celebrate with their tag team belts. Joey says the belts are back with their rightful owners.

We see quick highlights of the hair match from last week, and Styles says Marc Mero will be in the arena next week to show off his new haircut.

'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton is out next for the open challenge TV title match. He awaits his opponent in the ring. Joey explains this is title defense #8 for Eaton. Suddenly- "The following contest is a Brian X joint, B-Sexy and my boy, TS, never disappoint. We're too real for wrestling, ain't nobody could book this, the men wanna be me and the women wanna suck this. It's time to end this joke of a title reign, but y'all don't have to thank me, I'm Hannibal Lecter- I'll eat your face with a nice chianti. Hey, Bobby, are you even a dude, or is this the battle of the sexes? This mofo isn't Wayne's World, it be Brian X's".

Match 2: 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton Vs Brian X w/Tracy Smothers. 15 minute time limit for the TV title.

Style's apologises for BX's comments once again. Booked as a fast paced match, with Eaton initially in control until Smothers distracts. X is allowed to show some of his high-end offence, before Eaton makes a comeback. Eaton catches X with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker and then proceeds to the top rope for the Alabama Jam. Smothers crotches him on the ropes, drawing the instant DQ after 12 mins. Smothers and X proceed to beat down Eaton until Brad Armstrong rushes the ring and fights them both off. The babyfaces stand tall. Brad grabs a mic. "You boys are gonna get what's coming to you, I guarantee you that. You see, next week, Tracy, you're going to take on the man you had no problem badmouthing a couple of weeks ago- your former tag team partner, Sid Vicious. And Brian, brother dearest, if you even think about interfering, I'm going to be right there to even the odds".

A quick video recaps what went down on Lover's Lane last week, and Styles announces Mike Shaw Vs Barry Horowitz for next week. Styles also says that Nord will be back in action next week, and as he does the lights in the arena start to flicker. Styles apologises for the technical difficulties.

The Pennsylvania Wrecking Crew cut a promo in the back. Sandman- "The date has been set. 2 weeks from tonight. Luger and Simmons. Sandman and Zbyszko. I quit. And as usual, Luger is out here talking a load of crap, making promises that you can't keep and calling my partner a quitter. Let me ask you something, Larry; are you a quitter?" "I am not". "And are you going to say those 2 words, I quit, in two weeks time". "Let me tell you something, when I was coming up in this business, I was taken under the wing of the great Bruno Sammartino, but when Bruno had taught me all he had to teach me, I didn't quit. I usurped Bruno. I took his spot. When the AWA was dying, I didn't quit. I took everything I could from that company and I moved on. And as for WCW and the Dangerous Alliance, first of all, Simmons, you couldn't hang with the Dangerous Alliance. You weren't even in our league. And Luger, when the Dangerous Alliance was running roughshod over WCW, where were you? Oh, that's right, you were flexing your muscles for Vince McMahon. You see, what you guys call quitting, I call surviving. And that's what we are, and pair of survivors. He might be from the bad streets of Philly, while I'm more Pittsburgh country club scene, but neither one of us has got an ounce of quit in us, and you'll learn that for yourselves 2 weeks from now. Does that answer your question, Sandy?" Sandman pops open a beer and downs it. "Cheers to that".

Match 3: Lex Luger w/Ron Simmons (c) Vs Christopher Chavis. ECW title match, 20 mins remaining of air time.

Simmons comes out with a sign saying "ZQuitszko" on it, and Luger trash talks into the camera about making Zbyszko say 'I quit'. The story of the match is that Luger is a superior wrestler, stronger and more experienced, but Chavis is all heart and can't be put away. Chavis digs in for a comeback, and knocks Simmons off the apron, before a barrage of tomahawk chops, culminating in one of the top rope, earn him a close nearfall. Simmons tries a trip but Chavis rolls out the ring and tees off on him with punches. Back in the ring he hits a fallaway slam on Luger but Luger gets his foot on the rope as Simmons breathes a sigh of relief. Chavis goes up top again, but this time he is met by a bionic forearm to the face. Luger picks Chavis up in the torture rack, but the ref indicates that Chavis is out cold, awarding the match to Luger via knockout in 15 mins. As Luger and Simmons celebrate, Bobby Eaton makes his way to the entranceway. He holds up 8 fingers, then 2 fingers, then does the belt motion. Luger looks concerned, as Styles tells us to tune in next week for more exciting action.

Levy might want to get his affairs in order before he gets in the cage with Azrael. WOW! AHS make short work of the Highway Men and prove the belts belong to them. Eaton/Smothers was a fun match and also sets up a big Sid/Smothers match for next week. Eaton has been a true workhorse. Passionate promo from Larry Z. I cant wait for that I Quit match. Great main event as Luger retains the title in a hard fought match with Chavis. I'm all for a Luger/Eaton match. 

ECW TV - 18/6/93

A video opens the show, depicting men in revolutionary era garb conversing over a table, and writing on a piece of paper. VO- "Philadelphia, July 4th 1776, our forefathers signed a declaration of independence." The paper is passed to one man, as the others look at him in anticipation. We hear the hiss of a beer can opening and being chugged, as the watching men gasp in horror. We zoom in on the man as he pulls off his revolutionary wig. It's the Sandman with a cigarette hanging out his mouth. He pulls out a Singapore Cane and starts swinging. VO- "Philadelphia, July 4th 1993, ECW makes a declaration of violence".

Madusa is standing in the ring. "Ladies and gentlemen, wrestling's sexiest man, if he was a candy bar he'd be a Snickers, because he's guaranteed to satisfy, my soulmate, my lover, the Modern Day Casanova, Mike 'Sugarlips' Shaw.

Match 1: Mike Shaw w/Madusa Vs Barry Horowitz. 10 minute time limit.

A pop-up video airs as Horowitz comes out, in which he tells Maximilian Payne to stay in the back because he wants to prove he can beat Shaw on his own. Shaw uses his girth to dominate most of the match, running through his signature stuff, including the Cuck-Hold. Shaw barks into the camera, "You watching this, Payne?". He goes for an avalanche in the corner but BH moves and starts to rally, finally knocking Shaw down with a dropkick from the second rope. BH is gearing up for a finish, but Madusa climbs into the ring. This distracts BH and the ref, and allows Shaw to nail Horowitz with a low blow, and then hit the Guaranteed Finish for the win in 7 mins. Madusa jumps into Shaw's arms and they kiss. Shaw tosses Horowitz to the outside, and wipes his hands.

Joey Styles tells us that the main event tonight will be The Pennsylvania Wrecking Crew against the Highwaymen, and hypes up the I Quit match for next week. He also talks about the July 4th show, Declaration of Violence, and the Azrael/Scott Levy cage match. He says that next week, Azrael will talk for the first time.

Marc Mero cuts a promo in the back. We see just his head. He has a towel over his head. "Ricky Morton. You have been a thorn in my side for weeks, and that reached an apex two weeks ago when you shaved my beautiful head. You didn't just cut my hair that night. You took my dignity. You took my pride. Look at what you did to me. (he pulls off the towel, to reveal his shaved head). In the moments after that match, I was lower than I've ever been in my life. I questioned my whole existence. But then I realised, no matter what you did, how hard you tried, the one thing you could never take away from me... is my magnificence. My style. (the camera pulls back to show Mero is wearing a flamboyant 3-piece suit). You see, when it comes to style, you Ricky Morton, will always be in my shadow. You kept your mullet, and that's just fine, because it suits you. It suits you because just like that mullet, you're a relic of the 80s. Now I'm challenging you to a match that's all about style. You once attacked me from behind and stripped me of my fine threads. Well, I'm going to give you the chance to do that in a fair fight. On July 4th, I'm challenging you to a tuxedo match. Squeeze your pudgy 80s hair metal ass into your high school prom tuxedo, and I'll show the world that when it comes to style, and wrestling, you're way out of your league".

Match 2: Tracy Smothers w/Brian X Vs Sid Vicious. 10 minute time limit.

Sid stands in the ring as his opponents come out. BX- "It's TS and B-Sexy bringing the street cred, watch as my boy takes care of this meathead. You may be big, but size doesn't matter, unless I'm serving Mrs Vicious my all sausage platter. And Brad, your threats don't mean a thing, not to a real life king of the ring. This ain't no clash of the champions, because you're not in our class, now enough talking, time to kick ass". Smothers attacks Sid as the bell rings, but Sid is largely unfazed, and starts to throw Smothers around. he hits a chokeslam and that brings X into the ring, and a DQ after 3 mins. Smothers and X pound on Sid, which brings out Brad Armstrong. The heels scurry away.

CCTV-style footage shows Shaw and Madusa in the back. Madusa asks Shaw if he'll ask her the question he said he had for her during Lover's Lane. Shaw says Payne spoiled the moment, so he'll have to create a new moment to ask her.

A video of Nord destroying people. Amongst the footage is a quick shot of Sabu's eyes.

Match 3: Nord Vs Ricky Morton. 10 minute time limit.

Styles says that Morton has accepted Mero's challenge. Morton is a game opponent but Nord controls most of the match and finishes Morton off with the Road to Valhalla in 4 minutes. After the match a man in an Arab head dress jumps the rail and tries to get into the ring. Security cut him off, and haul him away. The man is screaming something in Farsi over and over, and you catch a little bit of English - "he is coming" - in there. Nord gives Morton another Road to Valhalla.

After a break we see Morton make it to his feet and start to leave. Marc Mero comes out of nowhere and attacks him, laying a beating on him in the aisle. Officials restrain him.

Lex Luger cuts a promo in the back. "Bobby Eaton, you have the gall to come out after my victory over the Native American last week, and try to intimidate me? To ruin my moment. Let me clue you in here, Eaton; I'm the ECW champion, and to get a shot at me, you need to do something to earn it. Now, I get it, I get it. You're the TV champion, and if you defend that belt successfully 10 times, you become the number one contender to the ECW title. You're at 8, right? I haven't been paying attention. 2 more matches. You must think you're just about there, right? Well, I just had a little chat with the head of the ECW championship committee and they had some interesting news for me. You ain't gonna be making 10 title defenses. You ain't even gonna make 9. Because the new number one contender for the television champion is the Viking King, Nord!" He laughs.

Styles says that news has been confirmed to him, and that the match will take place next week, meaning a bumper double header with the I Quit match.

Match 4: The Pennsylvania Wrecking Crew Vs The Highwaymen. 15 minutes remain.

Styles says the PWC requested this match after losing to the Highwaymen several weeks back. The match goes about 10 minutes and follows basic tag team formula. Luger and Ron Simmons come out 5 minutes in but just stand in the entrance. This allows the Highwaymen the chance to take over. Finally the PWC make a comeback and Larry Zbyszko locks on his version of the Cobra Clutch, which he calls the Z-Lock, on Steve Henry, who submits. Styles says Zbyszko could use that to win the I Quit match. The Sandman then grabs his cane and starts beating Rex Mason with it. Styles says or maybe Sandman could just pound Luger or Simmons until they can't take anymore. Simmons has a mic- "very impressive, but the fact remains that next week you're stepping into the ring with a whole other level of competition, and just like all the great champions, we've called our shot." LL- "That's right. Zbyszko, you have just 7 days left until you face the indignity of saying those 2 words, those 5 little letters. You will quit Zbyszko. That's our promise in front of all these people. So enjoy if you can this last week of being able to look at yourself in the mirror, of being able to look your partner in the eyes, because it all ends next week." Zbyszko flashes a look of concern and looks at Sandman. Sandman also has a look of slight concern. Luger and Simmons exit smugly as the show ends.

LOL, fun way to open the show. Shaw takes care of Horowitz. I wonder if Shaw will ever get that perfect moment with Madusa. Mero cuts a cool promo. Him and Morton in a tuxedo match should be a wild one. X and Smothers are becoming quite the duo but they might have their hands full with Sid and Brad. Nord has been on a rampage and now Eaton is in his path. However, it looks like somebody is coming after Nord. Sandman and Larry Z look tuned up but I don't know if they'll be able to handle Luger and Simmons. I do know, they will put up one heck of a fight. 

ECW TV Episode 26 - 25/6/93

Joey Styles is at his commentary positon. "Welcome to what promises to be one of the biggest episodes of ECW TV to date, and what better way to start than with one of the biggest matches this company has ever promoted".

Match 1: Larry Zbyszko and The Sandman Vs Lex Luger and Ron Simmons. I Quit match with no time limit.

Luger and Simmons are out first, talking trash into the camera, saying it's time for Zbyszko to show his true colours. A brief staredown in the ring, before the fists start flying. Luger and Sandman quickly spill to the floor, and quick as a flash Zbyszko catches Simmons with a drop toehold and whips him into a Texas Cloverleaf. Luger sees the danger and breaks it up before it can be really cinched in, as Styles puts over the danger of Zbyszko's submissions. The babyfaces dominate with crowd pleasing spots, like double ten punches in the corner. Simmons sends Sandman to the floor and they double team Zbyszko for a bit, before Sandman reemerges with a Singapore Cane. He sends the heels scuttling, and now the four men brawl around the arena for several minutes, and into the backstage area. They end up back in the ring, and Luger whips Sandman into the Torture Rack, but Zbyszko comes up behind him and locks in the Z-Lock Cobra Clutch, only for Simmons to come behind him and thwack him with a chair. Sandman and Simmons end up on the floor, and Sandman sets a table up and lays Simmons on it. He comes off the apron with a senton that sends Simmons through the table. Luger is having his way with Zbyszko, but Sandman comes in. Now Luger and Sandman go at it, with Sandman in control. He backs Luger into the corner, but Simmons crawls back onto the apron and he has a pair of handcuffs. Sandman sees the danger too late and is cuffed to the ropes, as Luger gets a sick smile on his face. Simmons and Luger turn towards Zbyszko as he staunchly gets back to his feet. Zbyszko realises what has happened and just goes at the heels with punches, but they inevitably overpower him. They are yelling at him to quit as they punch and kick him in the head, but Zbyszko is having none of it. Sandman has managed to reach a Singapore cane that was laying in the ring, and with his one free arm launches a flurry on the heels, until Simmons goes to the outside and grabs his legs, leaving him open for a big forearm by Luger. Luger and Simmons look at each other, and signal they are going to end it. Simmons wraps his arms around Zbyszko, forcing him to look at Sandman. Luger hits Sandman in the head with the cane. LL-"Say I Quit or he gets another". Zbyszko isn't biting. Luger gives him another. Sandman-"Don't you dare say it". Another shot. Another. Another. Sandman- "That all you got". Zbyszko briefly struggles free but is quickly subdued again. Luger gets a steel chair and again tells Zbyszko to quit. Sandman spits on Luger so Luger hits him with the chair. LZ- "I'll never quit you sons of bitches". Sandman is busted open but still defiant. Another chair shot and he's slumped down, but has enough to give Luger the finger. JS- "For God's sake, Sandman can't defend himself. End the match". Another wicked chair shot to the head, and this time Sandman takes it unprotected. Luger and Simmons are starting to doubt themselves, but Luger raises the chair with one more hellish shot in mind, before Zbyszko yells "God dammit, I quit. I quit". Luger drops the chair in exhaustion, and Simmons releases Zbyszko who goes straight over to Sandman who is barely conscious.Winner after 18 mins, Lex Luger and Ron Simmons.

After a commercial break, Luger and Simmons are in the back. RS-"We did what we said we would do. It's like we said, Sandman is too stupid to quit, but we knew that if we couldn't break Zbyszko's body, we could break his will". LL-"That's right, Ron. And now I'm gonna stick around and watch Nord take care of Bobby Eaton for me".

Joey Styles puts over the match, and then says it's time to hear, for the first time ever, from Azrael.

In a dark room we see Azrael with his back to the camera, so we just see the angel wings on the back of his robe. He slowly turns around. "The accumulation of great wealth does not an evil man make. But Scott Levy, it is your greed and covetousness that have since I came here marked you out as someone that needed to be eradicated. What you fail to understand is that you can't buy your way out of the inevitable with gold or silver. There is no deal you can make to avoid your undoing. Some call me an angel. Others, a demon. But my arrival is marked by no heavenly chorus, nor the fiery flicker of flame. Only you shall hear the deafening silence of death, broken by the words, take my hand, and join me in the dance of death".

Match 2: Maximilian Payne Vs Scott Levy. 10 min time limit.

Payne is dominating Levy, as Levy looks shaken up by Azrael's words, as Styles talks about the cage match upcoming between the two. With Payne seemingly heading to victory, Madusa makes her way out in a trench coat and heels. She climbs onto the apron and opens the trench coat to reveal she has on just her bra and panties. Payne gawks at her, and turns around into a Levy Breaker DDT as Levy picks up an unlikely win in 5 mins. Madusa walks away victoriously and Mike Shaw meets her in the entranceway. They celebrate together and share a smooch, and then Shaw starts to get down on one knee. Styles approaches them with a mic. "Sorry to break up this celebration, but I've just received some important news from the ECW booking committee. They have made a match for Declaration of Violence. Since you two can't seem to stop getting in the business of Maximilian Payne and Barry Horowitz, it will be those two gentlemen teaming up again Mike Shaw, and his partner... Madusa". Shaw and Madusa flip their lids, as Payne shakes off the cobwebs in the ring with a smile on his face.

Styles says that also added to the DOV card is Brian X and Tracy Smothers against Brad Armstrong and Sid Vicious. Armstrong and Vicious cut a quick promo in the back about how they're looking forward to taking out the trash.

The Sandman and Larry Zbyszko are interviewed in the back by Joey. Zbyszko is stonefaced and quiet as Joey asks how they feel. Sandman- "What, now you have nothing to say? I told you to never say those two words, no matter what happened. I would have sooner died out there than have lost that match. You quitting means that I quit too, and you had no right, no right, to make that decision for the both of us." Sandman walks out and Zbyszko pushes the camera away.

Match 3: 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton Vs Nord. 15 minute time limit for the TV title.

Eaton is very game in the early going, using speed and experience to befuddle Nord. Once Nord gets a hold of him he starts to dominate the match. Styles says this is defense number 9 for Eaton, and mentions the strange things that have been happening during Nord's matches lately. Nord is dominating with power, but Eaton keeps kicking out, showing his toughness. The fight spills to the floor where Eaton fights back, sending Nord into the steps. He's firing up, but he ends up walking right into a Road to Valhalla. Nord rolls Eaton back into the ring, but before he can follow there's a commotion in the crowd. "He is coming! He is coming!" It's the same Arab man as last week. Nord flips out, but remembers the match and gets back into the ring. Eaton is still lifeless, but as Nord goes to grab him, Eaton surprises him with a small package and gets the win in 8 mins. Nord goes straight out into the crowd to try to track down the Arab. He's throwing chairs around as security try to restrain him. He grabs the Arab. "Speak! Who is coming?" "Coming, no. He is here". Nord looks up and sees Sabu standing on the balcony. Sabu points to the sky and then dives onto Nord. Security quickly engulf the two and Sabu seemingly vanishes while Nord is left screaming and pulling at his hair.

The show ends with Lex Luger cutting a promo in the back. He is holding a piece of paper. "Bobby Eaton, this right here is a contract for a match against me at Declaration of Violence, for the ECW Championship. You win your tenth TV title defense next week, and I will sign this contract in the middle of the ring. And your opponent..." The camera pans out to show Ron Simmons standing there beating his fist into his palm.

I've been tracking this project for some time primarily lurking instead of posting but I will tell you that this is definitely some really good stuff. Your ability to create these characters and put them into this environment that is make believe in a lot of ways but also something that could have and perhaps should have been done. Very good write-ups for the matches and the stories and it's been fun to watch it from the beginning to where you're at now.

Awesome way to kick off the show! Luger and Simmons come up with a smart plan and win the match. Will Sandman forgive Larry Z? Great promo from Azrael. I cant wait to see where his feud with Levy goes. Speaking of Levy, he gets a nice win over Payne courtesy of help from Madusa. LOL, once again Shaw's moment is spoiled. Eaton pulls it out. One more defense and he gets Luger! Sabu returns in a huge way! His feud with Nord is going to be explosive. Looking forward to Declaration of Violence. 

Thanks so much for the kind words.

ECW TV Episode 27 - 2/7/93

We start with a video showing the return of Sabu last week. Joey Styles is in the ring. We welcomes us to the show and tells us that Sabu Vs Nord has been added to the card for Declaration of Violence, and it will be an Arabian Death Match. No pinfalls, no submissions, no DQ, no countout. The only way to win is to beat your opponent so bad that he can't answer a 10 count.

Match 1: Scott Levy Vs Brad Armstrong. 10 min time limit.

Levy cuts a promo before the match saying that Azrael can make all the threats he wants, and use all the cryptic imagery he wants, but at the end of the day he's just a man, and there isn't a man on earth who can't be taken down by brains and money. These two work a fast-paced offensive-minded match, with Levy picking up the win with his feet on the ropes after 6 mins.

Mike Shaw and Madusa cut a promo in the back. MS-" That was quite the surprise you had for us last week, putting myself and my lady love in a tag team match against Maximilian Payne and Barry Horowitz. Well, I don't blame you. If I wanted to sell tickets, if I wanted to sell VHS tapes, I'd book wrestling's hottest couple in a match too. But if you think I'm worried, you're wrong. Madusa knows how to handle herself just fine. Ain't that right, baby doll". "That's right, Sugarlips. You see, I am wrestling's most dominant female performer. Miss Elizabeth? Sherri Martel? We all know that you just don't have what it takes anymore. No, there's nobody who can match my beauty, and in the ring, just remember that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Match 2: Maximilian Payne and Barry Horowitz Vs Brian X and Tracy Smothers. 15 min time limit.

Brian X interrupts the ring announcer as he announces them. "Hey, Slim Jim, why don't you leave this to the professional? The following contest is a Brian X joint. Standing in the ring, hailing from the West Side, the most dominant tag team in ECW. Brian X. Your boy, Tre Smooth. Straight Outta Compton". X and Smooth gain the advantage when they start to double team Horowitz, but Payne gets the hot tag and starts to clean house. Payne gets X in the Payne Killer, but Smooth hits him with a chair, giving Payne and BH the win by DQ after 9 mins. They have Payne set up for a spike piledriver, but Brad Armstrong and Sid Vicious come out to make the save. Straight Outta Compton flee the scene.

A video recaps all of Bobby Eaton's TV title defenses to date, and then we cut to Lex Luger in the back. He is holding a contract for a ECW title match. "Here it is, Bobby. What you've been fighting your whole career for. Just one win away. Unfortunately, the man you need to beat is Ron Simmons. Good luck". The camera pans to the side and we see Simmons lifting some heavy weights, his muscles bulging.

Match 3: Azrael Vs Steve Henry w/Rex Mason. 10 min time limit.

Scott Levy comes out as the match is about to start and the distraction allows Henry to get the jump on Azrael. However, Azrael no sells it and polishes Henry off with the Dance of Death in under a minute. Levy looks like he's going to attack, but Azrael sees him coming and Levy thinks better of it. Levy looks concerned as Styles tells us that on Sunday Levy will be trapped inside a steel cage with Azrael.

Styles is running down the card for Declaration of Violence. Marc Mero joins him. "Hey Joey. It's been a while. I figured you could use my expertise out here talking about Declaration of Violence, where I will show my true magnificence, by beating that Jurassic-era has-been, Ricky Morton, in a tuxedo match. Now let me tell you something about Ricky Morton..." Morton comes out of nowhere to attack Mero. He throws him over the announce table and then dives across it to continue the beatdown. Officials come in to separate the two but Morton breaks free and aims a superkick at Mero. However, Mero dodges it, and Styles takes the kick clean on the chin. Mero scarpers as Morton and the officials tend to Styles, who is out cold.

A video recaps the I Quit match from last week.

Match 4: 'Beautiful' Bobby Eaton Vs Ron Simmons. TV title match with a 15 minute time limit.

Lex Luger is at the commentary table, as Styles has been taken to the back. Eaton surprises Simmons by wrestling aggressively and taking the fight to him, showing off some high-end offence. Simmons finally gets the advantage and starts to bully Eaton as Luger cheers him on on commentary. "Don't play with him now, Ron. Put this one to bed". Simmons hits a big powerslam, which Luger notes is the move he used to beat Vader for the WCW championship, but Eaton kicks out at 2. Eaton has a brief comeback, but Simmons cuts him off with a hard shoulder tackle, which sends Eaton inside out. Simmons then signals to Luger that it's game over, and he goes for the Emancipation Proclamation. Eaton manages to counter the spinebuster attempt into a big DDT though, and starts to drag himself up to the top rope as Simmons lays prone on the mat. Luger has seen enough now and he hurries down to the ring and pushes Eaton off the top rope. Eaton wins by DQ after 12 mins. Luger starts to put the boots to Eaton, and he helps Simmons up who joins the attack. Simmons hits the Emancipation Proclamation, and then Luger grabs a mic. "Congratulations, Bobby. You've got your dream match. But your dream is going to turn into a nightmare on Sunday. You see, Bobby, you're a good wrestler. Maybe even very good. And you've had a hell of a career. But you're not great. And you need to be great to beat somebody like me. Now me, I am great. 3 years into my career I was challenging Ric Flair for the NWA championship. Some call Flair the greatest of all time, but he just couldn't hang with me. I've held every championship I've ever gone for. My very first night in ECW, I became this company's champion." Eaton gets to his feet so Luger socks him with the mic. Eaton blades. "Greatness has followed me my whole career, and it's going to take more than any guts and heart you can muster to take this belt from me. So here's your contract. Let's make it official". He smears the contract in Eaton's bloody head. Officials come out, and Luger and Simmons get a few more shots in before allowing themselves to be escorted out of the ring.